shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be nervous eating here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been scuba diving but it would be hard for me to relax and enjoy my dinner.
I'd be looking up for leaks.

I wonder what the fish think.

Link

SNIP

Dine 16 feet below sea level at Ithaa, the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island’s unique undersea restaurant.
Marvel at 180° views of reef and marine life, sip champagne cocktails and sample Maldivian-Western fusion cuisine at this spectacular Maldives venue – the world’s first all-glass, undersea restaurant.

Advance reservations are recommended - please contact the resort to make a booking up to 14 days prior to arrival.
We regret we cannot accept dinner reservations for children aged under 12.

00900000.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That looks awesome! I''d be totally comfortable.

And I can''t say I''ve ever heard of huge glass failures at any aquariums - I''m sure it would be fine.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I would love that! They have something similar like that at the Denver Aquarium, though not actually underwater

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks awesome to me. Once though, I had dinner at a restaurant where there were fish swimming right next to me in the tank. All thru dinner the fish were making excrement and I lost my appetite and had to leave.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I would be very uncomfortable there...no, not for me.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
So cool!
9.gif
Though I wonder how they ran the gas, power, etc lines to it
3.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck yeh...that would be right up my alley! I probably would go for a beef or chicken dish and skip the fish.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit claustrophobic, so I wouldn''t want to sit down and spend a few hours there.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
Nope, wouldn''t be nervous at all. I''d be worried about the quality of the food. It could turn into one of those places where everyone comes for the view, not the food.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
To me that looks wicked cool! I''d love to eat there
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is great. I am curious about how people get down there, how the food is brought in, what the kitchen looks like, etc.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is it.

rmm.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Not at all that looks amazing
30.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Sure. I never worry about accidents or danger.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Totally nervous (I can''t swim!) but I''d still do it. It''s way too cool an experience to pass up!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I think that it would be pretty cool to meet for a mid day snack. I think if I spent any real amount of time down there it would make me sick.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I wouldn''t be nervous eating in there.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 1:37:47 PM
Author: tyty333
Heck yeh...that would be right up my alley! I probably would go for a beef or chicken dish and skip the fish.
lol Yeah, totally re: skipping fish. Who would order macadamian nut encrusted halibut while innocent fish are swimming unaware of their imminent doom?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the outside pic Kenny. So I am guessing the food is brought already prepared on board. Doesn''t see to have room for a kitchen. Doubt the food is anything amazing but the view makes up for it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that looks totally awesome. But then again, I''m a vegetarian, so I wouldn''t be eating the fish, so I don''t think that part would weird/gross me out so much.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Neat! I would totally eat there!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I have to admit, seeing the outside turned me off...looks a lot prettier on the inside.

I''m not sure if I would like it for an extended amount of time - it would freak me out eventually to be surrounded by water like that. But I might do it just once.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be neat - but I'd prefer to have lunch there - I don't think I'd be able to see much of the ocean at night.
unless cool nigh fish were attracted to the light.... hmm....

The bottom of the restaurant is 16ft down, but I'd guess the ceiling is 8 ft high, so the roof is only 8ft under water.

If (heaven forbid) the roof broke and the sea were to rush in, one good kick off the bottom would have you at the surface in no time.
(like standing on the bottom of a pool and then surfacing)

Very cool!!!

(it reminds me of the dream where my BF proposed in a submarine)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Reminds me of the Polar Bear exhibit at the Detroit Zoo...you walk through a tunnel like that and are surrounded by water and the occasional polar bear too!
37.gif
Not sure if I would be comfortable eating in that thing, maybe for a short time. As long as there is natural light coming in, I''d be alright.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 1:45:19 PM
Author: steph72276
I''m a bit claustrophobic, so I wouldn''t want to sit down and spend a few hours there.

Me too steph, I wouldn''t want to eat there either.
23.gif
32.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would LOVE to do that! It looks so cool.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
It looks nice but I think I''d most likely have a tiny panic attack and would not be able to relax and enjoy it. I''m a bit clostraphobic and have never been ok with the idea of breathing while underwater - I''ve tryed snorkling twice and both times paniced, freaked out, started hyperventilating and had to get out of the water asap.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, you would most likely find me on the outside with the fish watching the diners eat!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gonna have to go with a big NO on this one and I''m an experienced diver. Just looking around at the low tech engineering in the above water pictures says that I doubt I could part ways with my regulator and tank long enough to enjoy a meal. Besides it''s way more fun to be feeding the fish underwater!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results