shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be afraid to fly during this pandemic?

Would you be afraid to fly during this pandemic?

• Yes

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Not afraid but we take precautions. We have travelled out of the country 4 times and domestically twice. Two more trips this year--one domestic and one international.
The international all require pre departure COVID tests, travel visas and more tests after arrival.
We self-isolate prior to travel to make sure we are negative for the pre-travel testing.
We wear KN95 masks, hang out in the airport lounge pre-flight and fly in business/first. Lots of hand washing and sanitizer every time we touch anything. Filters on the plane make the air fine and we wipe down anything we touch and wash our hands once we leave the plane.
We are vaccinated so our biggest risk is testing positive after arrival and having to quarantine 10-14 days in another country. We are fine with that-lol.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have traveled to New York, Houston and California since the pandemic started. I am comfortable flying, knowing the filtration systems in commercial airplanes are some of the best anywhere.

I would be much more concerned in a bus, train or subway than I am in a plane.

As an aside, one of my regrets in being older is that I am no longer allowed to pilot the small planes I once enjoyed flying.

Wink

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Ironically, I am required to fly for medical reasons. I am not concerned about flying, generally or now. However, I am not concerned about covid, either. I am unwell much of the time so it is no great shock to me that there is yet another thing that might make me sick.

Oddly, it's like the rest of the world now has some sense of what my life is always like---especially since I am mostly, unintentionally, housebound.

Illness is not a political issue for me, it is my normal daily existence.

Editing to add: In no way do I mean to minimize the concerns of others or make it seem like I think the world should get a "sense of what my life is like." I would never wish my situation upon anyone.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I am afraid to fly, absolutely terrified of airplanes. I came to Washington DC by plane in June 1998 and also traveled to Ukraine and back in June 2013. Both times I had no choice but to fly. So the answer is yes, I would be afraid to fly during this pandemic.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will fly anywhere with no problems. Flying to Hawaii in February provided they'll still be letting people in. I have liked the empty seats next to me this year when flying Delta and I will upgrade to FC on every flight from now on.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
less so now Air NZ has a new no vax no fly policy for international flights
still overseas travel requires quareteen on rerurn and its not just exspensive but bl**dy near impossible to get a slot that works with the flights

so its not happening for most of us, in fact we have so few flights coming in the USPS have put a hold on accepting mail to NZ because its taking too long to get here because there just arnt eniugh flights

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results