clarity

Would love to know what this diamond is worth

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Is this your diamond?

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Is this your diamond?

It is I upgraded it from my original pear and I feel like this may not be a great quality for what I paid and I don’t love it

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Are you still with the return period?

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Are you still with the return period?

No I did contact the seller again and voiced that I felt as time went by I liked it less and less

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Umm...here's a GIA S12 but the clarity plot looks a lot cleaner than your stone, unfortunately.

Of course, you if try to sell back to a jeweler, you won't get this amount. Good luck and I hope there's a good resolution for you.

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Umm...here's a GIA S12 but the clarity plot looks a lot cleaner than your stone, unfortunately.

Of course, you if try to sell back to a jeweler, you won't get this amount. Good luck and I hope there's a good resolution for you.

I understand thank you wanted a rough estimate to see what my options are but also a better understanding of what part has made it so murky and not shiny

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I understand thank you wanted a rough estimate to see what my options are but also a better understanding of what part has made it so murky and not shiny

I'm not a cut expert, but I think it's due to the fact that it is on the shallow side at 55.7% in addition to the clarity.

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
I'm not a cut expert, but I think it's due to the fact that is on the shallow side at 55.7% in addition to the clarity.

Ok thank you

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Thank you I did notify them and hope for something better and come back for opinions

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you I did notify them and hope for something better and come back for opinions

Are you in Montreal? If you need someone to speak with, you can always connect with The Diamond Shopper (Aaron). He is out of Toronto, but I have dealt with him while in Ottawa... everyone here will be happy to help as well, but if you feel more comfortable dealing with a person closer by, he is great.

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Are you in Montreal? If you need someone to speak with, you can always connect with The Diamond Shopper (Aaron). He is out of Toronto, but I have dealt with him while in Ottawa... everyone here will be happy to help as well, but if you feel more comfortable dealing with a person closer by, he is great.

Yes I am I would love some help if you care to share his info please

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I sent an email see where that goes! Comments were so harsh my head is spinning now very confused

Harsh from the original seller? That’s not good, that should never be the case. Have you had it for a while?

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
No harsh from a group I posted on. The seller took mine in exchange upgrade and was super nice and kind. I am very surprised that she felt this was a good quality is what I struggle with and feels it isn’t murky which isn’t the case. Had it for 18 months

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
No harsh from a group I posted on. The seller took mine in exchange upgrade and was super nice and kind. I am very surprised that she felt this was a good quality is what I struggle with and feels it isn’t murky which isn’t the case. Had it for 18 months

Well - for what it’s worth, no one will be like that here.

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
Thank you I need help understanding where to go from here and where it went wrong. Obviously value as well. My first I bought myself and was GIA so when I took a seller they came very recommended and was really nice and professional. But now the harsh comments and so many makes me question all of it.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you I need help understanding where to go from here and where it went wrong. Obviously value as well. My first I bought myself and was GIA so when I took a seller they came very recommended and was really nice and professional. But now the harsh comments and so many makes me question all of it.

Are they in MTL?

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
No they are not.

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
No they are not.

Well, I’m excited to see what you will end up with now. Most here will be able to give you a second/third opinion, and Aaron is fantastic.

What may have not been a good trade will hopefully turn out better in the end.

sunnymtl

Rough_Rock
I really hope so. Think I bought the seller instead of the ring loll the nicest but I did get it looked out in Mtl and everyone said it was amazing. Very confused

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope so. Think I bought the seller instead of the ring loll the nicest but I did get it looked out in Mtl and everyone said it was amazing. Very confused

I mean, a 5 carat pear is amazing lol. But it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks, it’s how you feel about it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m just talking some cut experts @lovedogs @Kim N @DejaWiz . Since the title of the post does not mention that you want input about cut, I fear that some people won’t click on it. Hopefully, you can get some more feedback this way!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cuts definitely need videos to be judged for cut quality, so I can't help much here. And I wouldn't be able to judge value or worth because it's an unusual size

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Seeing approx $76-104k for 5 carat H SI2 pears on the PS search engine (retail pricing).

Figure anywhere from 20-80% of low retail for customer trade-in value...wide range, yes, but there are an excruciating number of variables at play which will determine customer value, especially at this color and clarity for a larger carat weight fancy shape.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently from the other thread on Red*** you got hammered because the diamiond is very included. Post a full on view of the diamond so we can see the inclusions.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently from the other thread on Red*** you got hammered because the diamiond is very included. Post a full on view of the diamond so we can see the inclusions.

It is graded as a SI2 on the certificate, would that be considered as very included for a fancy shape brilliant cut?

I am not a cut nut, however, I do not believe so.

DK :))

lefter5314

Rough_Rock
Could somebody help me with my diamonds worth too please? I'm a novice Screenshot_20230313-225432_Catawiki.jpg Screenshot_20230313-225450_Catawiki.jpg Screenshot_20230313_225624.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results