shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love a woman''s opinion here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

realron75

Rough_Rock
I''m very close to buying a ring but I''m really struggling with the setting. I can''t ask my girlfriend and can''t find an easy way to have one of her friends ask her without her getting suspicious.

I''m attached a three stone ring below that looks great. I could get her this with a one carat center stone or a simple solitaire with a 1.5 carat ring. What do you guys think? The solitaire seems safer. I don''t want to get her a three stone ring she ends up disliking. I really can''t go wrong with a solitaire right?

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/3-Stone-Truffle-by-Vatche_736.htm
#

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I vote for the 1.5 solitaire in a simple setting. Since you really don''t know what her likes are, this is a very safe bet. Put your money in the stone and you can change the setting together at a later date.

DiamondLil

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I also vote for the solitaire in a simple setting. It''s hard to go wrong with a classic.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 8
6.gif
6.gif
2 AM
Author: diamondlil
Personally, I vote for the 1.5 solitaire in a simple setting. Since you really don''t know what her likes are, this is a very safe bet. Put your money in the stone and you can change the setting together at a later date.

DiamondLil
I agree completely with Diamondlil. Get the larger diamond in a simple setting and pick out another setting together later, that is if she would like to change.

Three stone rings are definitely a matter of preference, and without being sure, you are safer with the solitaire. One and a half cts is a wonderful size too!!
36.gif

Good luck!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Since you don''t know exactly what she wants, I''m with the others in voting for the solitaire. She can always choose a different setting later on down the road, or she can choose a more elaborate wedding band if she wants more bling.

realron75

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice. I think this is the way to proceed. BTW, I haven''t seen too many stones yet, I''m going to a B%M store this weekend. I can really afford up to a 1.5 carat but can that be too big?? I know a lot of you will say "it can never be too big" (diamonds that is) but my girlfriend''s ring size is about a 6.5 and she has smallish hands. Can a 1.5 carat princess cut overwhelm a hand?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A girl/lady will never think that a diamond is too big for her hand. She might say it out loud to appease you but in her heart she''ll think it''s just perfect.
emwink.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
1.5 carat is perfect!
3.gif

My ring size is a 7 and I would love to have a 1.5 carat.
Also with a rock that size she doesn't have to wear a wedding band if she doesn't want to.
You should check out "Show Me Your Ring" and then you will be able to see how a 1.5 carat will look on her hand. Also Blue Nile's ring builder could help you see the size also.

Good luck and lucky girl!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
I have a 3 stone ring and I really think it''s a personal thing. A lot of people really prefer the solitaire and if you can put more money into the stone I''d vote for that. When we were looking at stones I was convinced I prefered the princess cut until I compared the same size princess to the same size round brillant and the princess appeared smaller!

I also have a 6.5 ring finger and a 1.5 or even 2 ct would look great and not overwhelm my hands. Like the others have already said, go for the solitaire setting and put your $$$ into the stone and save a new setting for later.

Good luck in your search and congrats on finding the perfect stone for your perfect lady!
35.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
1.5 ct will look great with a size 6.5 finger. Now, if you were debating a 4+ carat diamond...THAT might overwhelm smaller hands.
2.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that going with the 1.5ct center stone is probably safer..but that''s just my opinion. In the future if she were to want a three stone you could always add to it.

Does she wear any other jewelry? What is her style? Sometimes, but not always, you can get an idea by looking at what she currently wears. I say not always because I have some over the top pieces and some super simple pieces. I guess I go both ways...
33.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Solitarie especially in that impressive size! Save the three stone for a special anniversary.

outlander

Rough_Rock
I vote for the solitaire because it is classic.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.5 wouldn''t be a *monster* even if the stone were a round brilliant... princess cuts are smaller: this would somewhat match the size of a 1.1-1.2 round if not too deep.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the solitaire too. It''s classic.
1.5 would look great on a size 6.5 finger.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I would agree that the 1.5 solitaire is the way to go. I wear a size 6 and it would certainly not overwhelm.

I have been married many years and when you get to be my age, you can wear larger rings because you and your friends are usually more affluent. We had very little money when we got married but I recently bought a large stone and, at my age, it does not overwhelm.

I inherited a 1.75 carat stone and had it set with two Burmese rubies, 3/4 carat each, and it is very nice. You can buy the 1.5 now, which is quite impressive for an engagement ring and in later years, you can use the center stone and get two side stones and she will have a gorgeous three stone ring if she wants it.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 1.5 carat. I have a finger size between 6 3/4 and size 7 and wear a 2.19 carat marquise with side stones. I used to have a 1.02 carat squarish radiant and it didn''t look too big on my hand.

Of course I suffered from ''shrinkage syndrome''
9.gif
and now have my bigger diamond - thanks to the wonderful people here at PriceScope and all their advice.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to have to dare to be the same and fo with the solitaire. You can always add stones later and a solitaire is like a blank canvas for her what ever style she likes you can always have the ring remodled and add stones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results