shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst ring "compliment" ever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
So I had a girlfriend over the other day & showed her my new (well a year old, but she hadn''t been over for almost 2 years) setting for my w-ring. (the ring in my avatar)

So she oohs & ahhs over it & says, "Wow, I love your yellow diamond".
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

Ok...now I don''t think my ring looks yellow....it had just gotten an ultrasonic bath & was all clean....It''s an H bordering on I color, but it has a little flourescence.

At any rate I looked at her and said "don''t say that! its not yellow!" .. She just kind of looked at me blankly.

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe it was the lighting. Do you think she meant it? Are you good friends? I am so sorry, that is awful Diver.
8.gif

The worst one was when I had a lady ask me if my ring was a fake; I was so hurt.
15.gif
I laughed and said no.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
She is a sweetheart...and very nice. The lighting was broad daylight by my sliding glass door & my ring was sparkling clean. I think she honestly thought it was yellow, she doesn''t have a mean bone in her body.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Dvgirl: its your ring and whatever she thinks should not bother you too much.I know its hard for you , but you are the one wearing this ring ( its lovely from the pic) The most importand is that you like it right...So let it be and I would not necessary show the ring again let people notice it and comment on it if they wish so..

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Your friend obviously needs her eyes checked, your stone is not yellow at all!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha diver, she obviously was blind...

i think my worst one was when this guy who i don''t really like but is a friend of a friend looked at my ring which at the time was like 1.6c and said ''oh that''s pretty, what is it, about 3/4 of a carat?''. i was like umm..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:40:32 PM
Author: Mara

i think my worst one was when this guy who i don't really like but is a friend of a friend looked at my ring which at the time was like 1.6c and said 'oh that's pretty, what is it, about 3/4 of a carat?'. i was like umm..
OMG, the same thing happened to me and you just reminded me. I have a friend who is married to this amazing attorney but never was given a diamond ring. I showed her my new replacement ring and she looked at it and said is that 3/4ths
6.gif
Oh well.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:40:32 PM
Author: Mara

i think my worst one was when this guy who i don''t really like but is a friend of a friend looked at my ring which at the time was like 1.6c and said ''oh that''s pretty, what is it, about 3/4 of a carat?''. i was like umm..
LOL My aunt did something like this... she looked at my ring and said, "oh it''s almost as big as Axxxxx''s".... Axxxxx''s is a 1.5 carat oval LOL then she said, "wow, this must have been expensive, like what, $3000?" hehehahaha... she has no clue.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok here is my ring on my friend''s TEEENSY finger...and it was dirty..

I dunno, I''m just preggo & sensitive. waaaaaaaaaaaay to sensitive these days. A neighbor asked me if I "had twins in there" and I almost started bawling.

P1000865.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
"What type of stone is that?"
"Is that a 1 ct?"
Graff: "What is that? A 1.5, 2.5?"
29.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol I''ve only had 2 people "guess" randomly at my stone (1.40). One was 1.5, and this last weekend, a 1 ct.
9.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Wait, that''s too small....trying again...

P1000865-1.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Being an "almost I" it does have some warmth...I realize that... I dunno. I''m just too sensitive.

Mara...you crack me up.

On a white flower

P1000731.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
nice and clean... (sheesh..am I in need of validation or what...so sad)

divers2squaresnring12.JPG

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
next to my G/H earrings

P1000729.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t look yellow, and, she might be color sensitive.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your pregnancy!

Your ring and earrings are gorgeous!
1.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:56:02 PM
Author: Ellen
2.gif
True, and it does look warm to me in the shot on my friends hand...(that''s why I included it) but it was filthy that day (IMO...all stones look warm when covered in muck, lotion, and skin flakes) and the day my friend saw it, I had JUST pulled it out of the u/s and dried it off before handing to her.

But..I never thought of color sensitivity. That makes sense...but to say she likes my YELLOW diamond? I mean c''mon....yellow diamonds are, well, yellow. Sigh.

methinks I need to get over it.

LOL.

Progesterone poisoning at its finest ladies and gentleman. Watch the prego lady cry & obsess over nothing! Its fun!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
2.gif
That''s what I was going to say Ellen. Obviously though, I am not color sensitive because I see no yellow at all. Your diamond is as white as can be divergrrl!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
It doesnt look yellow in the least (Definitely gorgeous) to me but in her defense some people are more color sensitive than others. Man, I have never gotten comments like some of the ones you all posted what is wrong with people?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandfather recently had cataract surgery. He was a photoshop aficionado and my mom noticed all the images were turning out with weird color balance, heavy blues and reds, etc. Sure enough, the cataracts were making everything look yellow to him!

Just saying....
40.gif

Anyway, that''s really weird. Your diamond is OBVIOUSLY sparkling white!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
When I got my 3 stone anniversary ring I was playing it low key when I went back into the office and just let people notice on their own. Everyone who did was extremely complementary, except for one coworker.

I was in her office talking to her and she kept on sneaking peeks at my ring when ever I would look away as we were speaking. I was standing next to the window and the sunlight was just dancing off my diamonds like nobody's business. Well after I caught her for the millionth time checking out my ring I just came out and said. "This is my 10th anniversary gift from my husband." to which she replied nonchalantly, "Oh, yeah I noticed. It's cute!"

"CUTE?"

Puppies are cute, pigtails are cute, a promise ring given by a 13-year-old is cute.
I would never describe my ring as "CUTE"
That really annoyed me
29.gif
as I felt she was trivializing the importance of not only my 10th anniversary, but the hard work and effort my husband had to go through in order to give me such a wonderful gift.

I never let on that I was bothered, I didn't want her to think that her opinion mattered to me in the slightest.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, divergrrl.
7.gif
I'd be very upset if someone called my diamond yellow too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:59:52 PM
Author: divergrrl

2.gif
True, and it does look warm to me in the shot on my friends hand...(that''s why I included it) but it was filthy that day (IMO...all stones look warm when covered in muck, lotion, and skin flakes) and the day my friend saw it, I had JUST pulled it out of the u/s and dried it off before handing to her.

But..I never thought of color sensitivity. That makes sense...but to say she likes my YELLOW diamond? I mean c''mon....yellow diamonds are, well, yellow. Sigh.

methinks I need to get over it.

LOL.

Progesterone poisoning at its finest ladies and gentleman. Watch the prego lady cry & obsess over nothing! Its fun!
lol Don''t fret, you really do have a beautiful, notanywherenearyellow diamond.
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:03:46 PM
Author: VegasAngel
It doesnt look yellow in the least (Definitely gorgeous) to me but in her defense some people are more color sensitive than others. Man, I have never gotten comments like some of the ones you all posted what is wrong with people?
I''ve never gotten comments like those either. My diamond is on the smaller side, and I''ve only been complimented a few times that it is well-cut or "a nice one," as one friend put it. I''ve never had anyone say anything rude! My ring is "unoffensive" due to its size, so I guess people feel no need to be rude.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:05:54 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
When I got my 3 stone anniversary ring I was playing it low key when I went back into the office and just let people notice on their own. Everyone who did was extremely complementary, except for one coworker.

I was in her office talking to her and she kept on sneaking peeks at my ring when ever I would look away as we were speaking. I was standing next to the window and the sunlight was just dancing off my diamonds like nobody''s business. Well after I caught her for the millionth time checking out my ring I just came out and said. ''This is my 10th anniversary gift from my husband.'' to which she replied nonchalantly, ''Oh, yeah I noticed. It''s cute!''

''CUTE?''

Puppies are cute, pigtails are cute, a promise ring given by a 13-year-old is cute.
I would never describe my ring as ''CUTE''
That really annoyed me
29.gif
as I felt she was trivializing the importance of not only my 10th anniversary, but the hard work and effort my husband had to go through in order to give me such a wonderful gift.

I never led on that I was bothered, I didn''t want her to think that her opinion mattered to me in the slightest.
OMG Suzy, that made me do this ---->
rotflmao2.gif

I''m sorry for laughing, it was just such a LUDICROUS statement.
2.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:11:36 PM

Date: 7/18/2007 8:05:54 PM

I was in her office talking to her and she kept on sneaking peeks at my ring when ever I would look away as we were speaking. I was standing next to the window and the sunlight was just dancing off my diamonds like nobody''s business. Well after I caught her for the millionth time checking out my ring I just came out and said. ''This is my 10th anniversary gift from my husband.'' to which she replied nonchalantly, ''Oh, yeah I noticed. It''s cute!''

''CUTE?''

I would never describe my ring as ''CUTE''
That really annoyed me
29.gif

I never led on that I was bothered, I didn''t want her to think that her opinion mattered to me in the slightest.
OMG Suzy, that made me do this ---->
rotflmao2.gif

I''m sorry for laughing, it was just such a LUDICROUS statement.
2.gif
I know, what an off-the-wall thing to say, huh?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:14:06 PM

I know, what an off-the-wall thing to say, huh?
Yeah, it smacks of jealousy to me.
28.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:07:51 PM
Author: MC

I've never gotten comments like those either. My diamond is on the smaller side, and I've only been complimented a few times that it is well-cut or 'a nice one,' as one friend put it. I've never had anyone say anything rude! My ring is 'unoffensive' due to its size, so I guess people feel no need to be rude.
Same here. I re- read some of the ring comments & I know if I heard one of them myself my feelings would be hurt. Personally, I wouldnt even attempt to guess the size/color of someones diamond because I stink at that. For me the thing that stands out the most when looking at someone elses diamond is whether it is clean or not. Nothing worse than seeing a diamond with no sparkle because it's filthy. My friends all think I'm nuts. when they come over I insist on putting their ring in my ultrasonic.
emembarrassed.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 8:36:03 PM

Date: 7/18/2007 8:07:51 PM
Author: MC

I''ve never gotten comments like those either. My diamond is on the smaller side, and I''ve only been complimented a few times that it is well-cut or ''a nice one,'' as one friend put it. I''ve never had anyone say anything rude! My ring is ''unoffensive'' due to its size, so I guess people feel no need to be rude.
Same here. I re- read some of the ring comments & I know if I heard one of them myself my feelings would be hurt. Personally, I wouldnt even attempt to guess the size/color of someones diamond because I stink at that. For me the thing that stands out the most when looking at someone elses diamond is whether it is clean or not. Nothing worse than seeing a diamond with no sparkle because it''s filthy. My friends all think I''m nuts. when they come over I insist on putting their ring in my ultrasonic.
emembarrassed.gif
Yeah, there are just some things you don''t "guess" about.... a womans age, her weight, or the size of her diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results