Worst end of school year mom ever

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely hilarious!! Me too!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Um yeah....I literally said the same exact words (limping to the finish line) to our VP a few days before the year ended. Of course, I am one of those nut cases who volunteers to be the room mom, so I'm not only responsible for making sure my kids do their work, make teacher cards, etc, but I have to organize all class celebrations (i.e. teacher birthdays, holiday party, Halloween party, end of year party, kindergarten Olympics.....oh, and don't forget centers, where I need a parent volunteer 4x/week or I have to go in myself...)....

Ugh, just ready this article made me cringe!! So glad it's summer, even if the kids are bickering within 15 minutes of waking up!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahaha ohhhh how relatable! It wasn't so bad when it was one in preschool or Kindergarten..but this past year w/one in 3rd and one in Kindergarten? Holy baloney that was E-NUFF. Luckily my husband was gone to the police academy for four months and only home a couple days on the weekends, so everything I could save up for him to do w/them, I did. This was my first year working in a classroom as well...and once we came back from spring break mid March, we were soooo over school. I'd come in and ask my lead teacher what our preschoolers were doing that day for small group and she'd be like "um...well..zoo animal bingo and then they can play and we'll sit back here and eat oreo's and try to be sane."

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
That post was awesome. I was ready for PRE-school to be over! I'm heading into another year of preschool and my first year of Kindergarten.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even have kids but this is seriously funny. And honest.

(And to some of those comment posters -- especially the *teacher* with the bad grammar -- GET A DAMN SENSE OF HUMOR.)

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

She made this very humorous, but having five children makes me believe her. I loved the her description of reading time. H0w I remember those thoughts going through my mind.

Annette

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
That was hilarious! Absolutely hysterical. I do believe in reading time, BUT I get this.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG, that cracked me up - I only have 1 child and I'm already the worst school mom ever!

I'd love to hear some "worst parent ever" stories - that would make for a great thread. :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny!

I suppose it helps that I'm in school too. I can legitimately procrastinate on my own homework if I'm checking her homework, packing healthy snacks, or finding just the right project supplies.
That said, her costume for science consisted of her hair braided, a pair of jeans, and the first straw hat I could find. Pretty far from helping her sew a space suit for her styrofoam turkey earlier in the year...

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to admit right here I sent my son to school in his sister's Justice jeans...which I had put away wrong...which he peed in at school, and wore the school's baggy "pants of shame" home. : O

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could relate to everything she was saying! By the end of the school year I was so over it, done, finished.
My kids were too, so I couldn't let on to them how burnt out I was. I had to hold it together for my kids which
took extra energy on my part! :knockout:

I was basically a slug on the couch the week after school got out. But it doesn't stop there...now I had to get to work on making sure my kids didn't forget what they learned this year...that means daily reading, math, writing and vocabulary words.

In short, I'm burnt out on "summer vacation" and August can't get here soon enough. And how many more years of this do I have??? :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results