shape
carat
color
clarity

World''s Ugliest Diamond...on Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey out there! I just had to post this picture to share with you what I believe to be the world''s lowest quality diamond to ever be passed off as a diamond ring! I laughed out loud when I stumbled onto this. I just hope there is no one out there gullible enough (or blind enough) to accept this. Surely no one would! I don''t recall the details quoted in the ebay ad for this beauty, but I recall that the seller claimed it had appraised for some ridiculous amount. I also remember that the ad referred to this diamond as a "dazzler" or some similar hilarious adjective. I read a pricescope post once that referred to a really dull ugly low-quality diamond as looking like "frozen spit". Now I know what they meant....

lovelyebayrock.jpg

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
To all you Pricescope long-timers: based on your acquired knowledge/experience with diamonds, what clarity and/or color would you say this stone is? This thing looks like one giant inclusion to me!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Could you be more specific...?? I don''t seem to see the problem. Inclusion...
emquestion.gif
Where exactly
emquestion.gif
You must really have good eyes!

DKS
2.gif

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I have to say I''m with DKS on this one-- looks great to me.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
But *I* LIKE it!
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it''s not even a diamond. A rare and unusual opal? White opal with carbon?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think frozen spit would look much better than that diamond.
14.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
THAT''s the ring they should have put in the blender.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is barely past the coal stage. I am not sure this could even be graded, it looks like ice made with dirty tap water and frozen on a ring! EEEUUWWW. I am sure you do not want THAT for your upgrade!

I replied to your other thread too, FYI!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
igi D/si2 egl-Israel D/si1 rofl!!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 11:27:33 PM
Author: diamondfan
I think it is barely past the coal stage. I am not sure this could even be graded, it looks like ice made with dirty tap water and frozen on a ring! EEEUUWWW. I am sure you do not want THAT for your upgrade!

I replied to your other thread too, FYI!
You''re right, DF! I was being facicious.
9.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Eeew! More like frozen snot! It''s probably not even worth as much as the cheapie setting...

hmm what would one do with a diamond like that? Paperweight, maybe?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, I was just teasing her since she was saying she really wanted to upgrade and then posted this beauty! I did not mean to imply anything about your post, I could tell you were being silly!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard of coffee-colored diamonds and cognac-colored diamonds... perhaps a marketing genius could coin this a "fizzy ginger ale diamond"?
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Another frozen spit! Ebay is famous for them. Makes me sick looking at it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
But it looks glittery and puuuuuuuuurdy....

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I have always wondered why they even bother cutting, polishing and mounting these "diamonds"... then I remember that some poor sucker is actually going to buy it!!!?!?!?!?!
14.gif
14.gif
I guess I just don''t understand...
33.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 3:21:48 PM
Author: poshpepper
I have always wondered why they even bother cutting, polishing and mounting these ''diamonds''... then I remember that some poor sucker is actually going to buy it!!!?!?!?!?!
14.gif
14.gif
33.gif
My SIL has a ring with tiny diamonds like that. It was a gift from her FI. He is really cheap, and I am sure she doesn''t know how cheap it is. I just looked at it and said it was purdy. What else can you do?????
20.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 5:10:02 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I have always wondered why they even bother cutting, polishing and mounting these ''diamonds''... then I remember that some poor sucker is actually going to buy it!!!?!?!?!?!
14.gif
14.gif
33.gif
My SIL has a ring with tiny diamonds like that. It was a gift from her FI. He is really cheap, and I am sure she doesn''t know how cheap it is. I just looked at it and said it was purdy. What else can you do?????
20.gif
In that situation that is really the best (and only) response
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 7:23:08 PM
Author: musey

Date: 8/13/2007 7:18:06 PM
Author: elle_chris
here''s another winner from ebay ''Very Huge Stunning 3.75 carat solitaire

the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-HUGE-STUNNING-3-75-CARAT-SOLITAIRE-DIAMOND-1-NR_W0QQitemZ290148754626QQihZ019QQcategoryZ3824QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wait... whaaaaaat? What IS that? The first one looks like it''s actually a diamond, albeit a frozen spit diamond, but a diamond nonetheless... this one just looks like a dirty ceramic plate!
LOL!!!! That is a perfect description!
Oh, and 14 bids???!?!?!?!
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
14.gif
33.gif
I kinda want to buy it because I feel sorry for it...
7.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Wow.

I actually love the description of the second one. "Massive, Stunning." Well, that''s true. "Hard to find." Also true. Clarity: "Translucent". I haven''t heard that one before. In fact, their clarity table includes "Opaque".
9.gif
"Many inclusions or marks if any would not be visible to naked eye." It''s probably true that many of the inclusions aren''t visible, but even more of them are.
2.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 7:52:26 PM
Author: Blenheim
Wow.

I actually love the description of the second one. ''Massive, Stunning.'' Well, that''s true. ''Hard to find.'' Also true. Clarity: ''Translucent''. I haven''t heard that one before. In fact, their clarity table includes ''Opaque''.
9.gif
''Many inclusions or marks if any would not be visible to naked eye.'' It''s probably true that many of the inclusions aren''t visible, but even more of them are.
2.gif
Well, gee, I don''t know. I''d guess that all those inclusions in the first 10% of depth prevents you from seeing all the inclusions in the bottom 90% of the stone.
2.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Elle Chris --

Even though I started this thread proclaiming my picture to show the World''s Ugliest diamond on Ebay, I think you definitely one-upped me! The 3.75 stunner you found takes the prize. I love how the clarity grade is listed as I2/I3 and then in parenthesis it says (sparkling). I swear it makes me feel sad to see that and to see that it has bids. Note also that the color is graded as "off-white" instead of a letter grade. You win, Elle Chris. That one beats all... but ya gotta admit...it is affordable!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did they get a picture of my ring, aren''t there copywright laws for this?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2007 7:44:12 PM
Author: gwendolyn

I kinda want to buy it because I feel sorry for it...
7.gif
Haha!!! You''re so cute
41.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 10:12:59 AM
Author: autumngems
How did they get a picture of my ring, aren''t there copywright laws for this?
LOL autumn!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results