shape
carat
color
clarity

workout music - what gets you moving?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
what''s playing on your mp3 player? i need/want more music to add to my shuffle, but i''m notorious for not knowing artists, song titles, etc.

partial list...

billy idol - dancing with myself, mony mony, rebel yell
christina aguilera - dirrty, fighter
usher - yeah!
aerosmith - cryin'', janie''s got a gun
killerz - somebody told me, mr. brightside
linkin park - in the end, numb
black eyed peas - don''t mess with my heart
britney spears - toxic (i know, i know)

that''s all i can think of off the top of my head.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I will have to figure out how to post my iPod playlist but it is A Perfect Circle, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Garth Brooks, G Wilsion, Limp Bizket Nikel Back, NIN...really most anything that is loud.

angelina

Rough_Rock
I''ll admit, I have some Britney on my IPOD, too...
Some of my best workout songs are....

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy by Big N Rich
Naughty Girl by Beyonce
Lots of Kelly Clarkson- it has a great upbeat tempo
A couple of SheDaisy Songs
A bunch of Usher

It''s basically a huge variety of music....

I even have ''Wake me up'' by Wham... and ''Dancing on the Ceiling'' by Lionel Richie!!!!
(But that stays between us!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like bizarro things, a huge range...

I adore some of the BEP stuff (Lets get it Started), but I also have Britney (Oops/Toxic/etc) and Christina (Genie in a Bottle baby!) and alot of 70's disco which I love. I also have some 80's like the Bangles, some NIN stuff and Def Leppard (pour some sugar!) and last but not least a few dance rap hits from Nelly and 50 cent (In da club!) etc. Just basically anything with a good rhythmic tune that keeps me upbeat!

Really I just float around and download whatever I like and/or if I hear a song on the radio, I write it down then download it!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
i like upbeat/dance/club types of songs as well! if i can imagine myself dancing at a club instead of pounding the crap out of the treadmill like an elephant... it''s all good.

i''m going to start looking into some of the songs/artist you guys mentioned this week!

angelina

Rough_Rock
Bangles!
I need to download them!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Although I don''t really listen to it in a normal setting (i.e. car), I LOVE listening to techno when I''m working out. It seems like I can really pace my breathing on my runs the best to that kind of music. Am I only the only one that finds music makes a HUGE difference in your workouts? When hubby and I do our 3 mile runs, I just do not understand how he can do it without any kind of music! I tried working out without music one day and could barely get out a mile and a half, how weird is that!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
The best album I''ve found to work out to is Led Zepellin II. Specifically, any workout mix I make always has "Heartbreaker"-"Livin Lovin Maid"-"Ramble On"---nothing keeps me pumped better than that trio. I think any sort of "guitar rock" works well because it''s aggressive to begin with (the non-ballad Oasis songs are great; Weezer, Tom Petty and AC/DC are all solid choies, etc.).

My total guilty pleasure on my workout mix, though, is The Emotions--"Best of My Love." I can''t help but jump around when that song is playing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results