shape
carat
color
clarity

Wording help for my ketubah -- first names only, or full names??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Hebrew names are so much easier -- you''re "ben" (son of) or "bat" (daughter of) someone else, so there''s no first name / last name issue to decide.

Here is part of the English text on my ketubah, What I''m trying to figure out is whether to use just everyone''s first names or first and last names on the first reference (I had to put the last names in parentheses to differentiate). What do you think? Names changed to protect those who would go nuts if I included their info:

... under the chuppah, here in City, State, between the groom, Gilbert (Blythe), son of John (Blythe) and Mary (Blythe Lynde), and the bride, Anne (Shirley) daughter of Walter (Shirley) and Bertha (Willis). The groom, Gilbert, said to the bride: "I consecrate you to me as my wife according to the traditions of our people. I shall cherish you, nourish you, and respect you as the sons of Israel have devoted themselves to their wives with love, faithfulness and integrity throughout the generations." The bride, Anne, said to the groom ...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went with full names (first/middle/last) for our parents and for the first time each of our names were mentioned. We then only used our first names when we were mentioned thereafter.

Are you commissioning your ketubah from Izzy Pludwinski?!?!?!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I like what Haven did. In fact, I think you just helped me make a decision I hadn''t even thought of yet. Thanks!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 11:25:21 AM
Author: Haven
We went with full names (first/middle/last) for our parents and for the first time each of our names were mentioned. We then only used our first names when we were mentioned thereafter.

Are you commissioning your ketubah from Izzy Pludwinski?!?!?!

Oh crapnuts, I forgot about middle names!

And the answer to your question would be YES. Your pics gave me the final push. I am over the moon about this, seriously! :)

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I did our first and middle names (bride and groom) and put our parents together with first and last names "daugher of John and Jane Smith and son of Jack and Jill Thompson"

I just commissioned the same ketubah as a surprise for my fiance and I cannot wait to give it to him!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results