shape
carat
color
clarity

Woody Allen thinks THIS would be a disgrace.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock

"It would be a disgrace and a humiliation if Barack Obama does not win," he told Spanish journalists at the ongoing 56th San Sebastian film festival, where his latest film "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" is being screened.

"It would be a very, very terrible thing for the United States in many, many ways," he said.

23.gif

Oddly enough, the paper does not go into Woody Allen''s own disgrace
32.gif
......I just laughed out loud when I read the article. Don''t get me wrong, I love his movies, but this is funny....

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080919193927.ite7zfed&show_article=1

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
In case you are wondering, he discraced and humiliated himself by falling in love with and leaving Mia Farrow for their adopted daughter. That is what I thought was so silly about his statement.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure Woody Allen is all there. Not because of his choice to vote for Obama. I just get the feeling he''s a bit off. Maybe it is the whole leaving his wife for his daughter thing.

Disgrace? Well, he would know first hand.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 4:48:07 PM
Author: Miranda
...I just get the feeling he's a bit off. Maybe it is the whole leaving his wife for his daughter thing.
Hahaha, this part made me laugh out loud...I can hear Obama's thoughts "Agh, Woody, I love your movies, but please stop trying to endorse me!"

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OOH, I think that may have LOST some votes!!

What a nut job!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, I have serious reservations about what he did, but at least keep the record straight! It was bad enough as it was, don''t make it worse than it was! She was NOT his daughter! She was André Previn''s adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. He was Mia Farrow''s lover and he left the mother for the daughter.

Deborah
34.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2008 9:24:00 PM
Author: AGBF
Hey, I have serious reservations about what he did, but at least keep the record straight! It was bad enough as it was, don''t make it worse than it was! She was NOT his daughter! She was André Previn''s adopted daughter with Mia Farrow. He was Mia Farrow''s lover and he left the mother for the daughter.
Deborah

34.gif

Thank you for the clarification! I didn''t know this, and even though it''s still creepy, it''s significantly less so.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
9/19/2008 4:53:38 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

Date:
9/19/2008 4:48:07 PM
Author: Miranda

...I just get the feeling he''s a bit off. Maybe it is the whole leaving his wife for his daughter thing.

Again, just for the record, Woody Allen was never married to Mia Farrow. She was never his wife. In my opinion that changes nothing about what he did, however. I just want to set the facts straight. Mia Farrow was never his wife, but she did bear him a biological child. Soon Yi Previn is his wife, but their children together are adopted, not biological.

Deborah
34.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well then, allow me to clarify. I think he''s a bit of a nutter because his live-in girlfriend, of years and years with whom he adopted children and had a biological child, found nude photos of her daughter either taken by or for Allen. He then went on to marry the girl. I''m glad we are all clear here. I guess it is a tad less creepy that he married his sons'' sister rather than his adopted daughter. I still wouldn''t be flattered if I were Obama.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
but this last movie was very very good.

movie zombie

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
MZ - What was his last movie?

ETA: Do you mean Vicky Cristina Barcelona? Maybe I misread the article, I was skimming. I thought it was not yet released.

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
Yes, thanks for the clarifications! I always thought they were married, and that Soon-Yi was his adopted child with her. I guess it was more like, he fell in love with his girlfriend''s daughter, and married her. (Who he lived with for several years, while he was a "father figure" to her?) Still was very creepy. I guess their marriage is still going stong, they adopted 2 kids of their own!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, Vickiy Cristina Barcelona and it has been here in california for a while.

i believe he and mia did not cohabitate but had separate residences.......

movie zombie

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, as much as I can say i enjoy some of his films I could give a rat''s behind what HE thinks is a disgrace. He is not exactly a paragon of virtue and frankly what most celebs think leaves me cold.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:54:44 AM
Author: starsapphire
Yes, thanks for the clarifications! I always thought they were married, and that Soon-Yi was his adopted child with her. I guess it was more like, he fell in love with his girlfriend''s daughter, and married her. (Who he lived with for several years, while he was a ''father figure'' to her?) Still was very creepy. I guess their marriage is still going stong, they adopted 2 kids of their own!

Actually, to further clarify, Woody and Mia never lived together. They kept separate residences across Central Park from each other and actually spoke about it often.

I live in NY and have seen him and Soon Yi together (walking their children) several times. With a 35 year age difference between them, I often wonder what the heck they talk about!?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can split hairs about mia and woody not technically being married but for all intents and purposes they were. We can split hairs about residence arrangements but it is immaterial. We can also split haird about was she his daughter in theory and practice but again, I find it to be off point. He is old enough to be her dad and functioned as her dad. He cheated on his long term lover with HER daughter, under her nose with other children there, kids who WERE his. He is nasty.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have anything to add about his personal situations but I loved his movie Matchpoint. It was the first time I saw Jonathan Meyers (hubba hubba) and It was such an interesting well made movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results