shape
carat
color
clarity

women of all sizes - read this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i just finished reading this article and immediately thought of sharing this to every woman that i know (online & offline). in some ways, this relates to wedding planning because every bride wants to loose a pound or two for their wedding day. :)

Are You Ready to Start a Body Image Revolution? Oh, Wait—You Already Did!

finally, FINALLY!!! a feature of real women on Glamour''s November issue! i was reading through the whole article and, apparently, sizes above 6 in the fashion industry is a PLUS size. yes. you read that right - size 8 and above is PLUS SIZE. gaaahhhh?!?!?!

i''m not overly conscious with my curves but i must admit, sometimes, i get too conscious if i find out that this actress or that model is my age and has those damn hot curves! this article just made my day so to speak
1.gif
it made me more confident with what i have.

p.s. i''m not saying we should all stop dieting/working out. i only meant to share this, hoping that others will realize that anyone could be sexy and hot whatever size you are. PLUS size (8 & above) ARE sexy and hot too!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i loved that photo of the group! great article :)

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Great article. I especially like this quote:

"To be clear, I''m not on the "real women have curves" bandwagon here, arguing that only bodies like Lizzie''s are "real"---and that slender women are all unreal waifs who should just eat a cheeseburger and get over themselves. Turning the tables so we can bash one type instead of another isn''t the answer. Celebrating the fact that we''re all born different is. Think about it: In real life, women of all shapes and sizes have crazy sex appeal and killer confidence. Why should our own pages look any different?"

I think that''s the key difference between this article and the last one posted a few weeks ago that caused the uproar about bridal gown sizing frustrations.

Thanks for posting this, especially when I''m in the midst of having one of those "oh I feel fat and look terrible" weeks!!
5.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock

I guess I'm 'plus sized'...

If the women in that picture are considered plus sized, what the hell is this world coming to?!

39.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 12:59:46 PM
Author: Bia

I guess I''m ''plus sized''...

If the women in that picture are considered plus sized, what the hell is this world coming to?!

39.gif

If they were models, they''d be plus-sized. We''re (thankfully) not all held to a standard of models. Women''s plus size in the real world is stilll 14+, right? Or did that change too?

I''d fit right in with those chicks in the photo! They all look to be built just like me! Damn tummy pooch...
3.gif
Stunning girls... all of them!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Note to others: don''t click picture if at work!!
3.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing this article!

These girls ARE beautiful...and I agree, a woman''s beauty shouldn''t be judged by her size...it shouldn''t be skinny VS. curvy, a person''s beauty starts on the inside and glows on the outside...no matter the size a woman wears, if she is a beautiful person, we should appreciate that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About time.

The article mentions people complaining that it will lead to people not taking care of themselves. Becoming obese. So the photographs of "plus-size" women are supposedly unhealthy for people to see.

What they show now is SO unhealthy. How many women spend their lives obsessed with losing weight and getting just the right sized breasts and all the other stuff? How many women have eating disorders and depression and confidence issues because of the image we are shown of how women are "supposed to look"?

I''m sick of hearing women complain that they are too "fat" because they have to buy (gasp) size 2 jeans.

My personal feelings on revealing photos aside (thats another debate), I''d much rather people grow up with reasonable expectations of what "normal" is.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
There''s a plus-size boutique in my neighborhood that sells only sizes 10 - 28. I always find it interesting that they start at size 10, because I don''t think of it as plus-size. But I also LOVE the clothing in the window, and the way they do their window displays - it looks just like a standard size boutique that any standard size person would love to shop in - down to the sexy dresses and lingerie. And every time I walk by, it makes me happy that such a place exists.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
there''s nothing wrong with a size 2 and any girl complaining that she''s fat at that size is fishing for compliments just as much as any woman of any size. it''s an insecure behavior, and not really size-related.

people are judgemental about size whatever your size is, & the truth is that people come in a million sizes and no one should glorify either end of the spectrum. it''s not healthy to be underweight or overweight (let''s face it, there is a difference between having curves & being obese just as there''s a difference between being thing & looking gaunt & unhealthy). there is a range you should fall into, and you should try to be healthy--whatever that may be for your size, build, & age.

those women are all beautiful. they all have curves, but not one of them looks "overweight." they look healthy, and they look happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results