shape
carat
color
clarity

Women - Help

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who are menopause age..........

I don't have the night sweats or the moodyness but I have absolutely no energy and I have gotten what we term the meno belly. Do any of you take anything that has helped you with these issues? NOT HRT but something: vitamins, fat burners, etc. that really work? I take a multi vitamin and D3 and B12

I had labs done recently and they say all my levels are good.

There is so much online but you can't trust anything online anymore they all say they work but honest reviews say otherwise.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took and have continued to take Menopace which is supposed to be designed to ease the symptoms of menopause.

I started to take it when I was in my late 40s (I am in my late 50s).

Not sure if it helped me to get through it or not, however, the symptoms were bearable and I was able to put up with them without HRT.

It should be noted that I was not on oral hormonal contraception as it did not agree with me. Since my 40s, I changed from a plain IUD to a Mirena IUD (I had always had coils).

I believe I had been lucky and got through it without debilitating symptoms as experienced by others.

Don't really know that for certain, as I was diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic about 4 years ago while I was going through the change.

DK =)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took ALL the supplements under the sun for at least 5 years, which was when I started getting physically hit quite hard by peri. I also got amazing advice from PS people.

But i finally had to see my GP three months ago, as the joint pain was preventing me from exercising at all anymore, so weight had gained, I couldn’t lie on my right hip in bed as it was a fiery ball of hell, hair loss, itchy skin, dry eyes, burning mouth…….. A rather large physical list but mentally, not a peep & 100% with it.

I started on a patch trial, but the progesterone patch taken on weeks 3 & 4 increased my hair loss significantly, so my lovely GP moved me onto an oestrogen gel & micronised, body identical progesterone, as she felt the synthetic progesterone in the patch was the culprit.

I am now 3 weeks into the new regime & so far so good. HRT isn’t for everyone & I have held steady for many years, but actually the topical HRT carries almost zero risks & the micronised progesterone is made from yams & also has no real side effects to report. I am lucky I have been provided with this new system, as in some areas it i only available privately, but so far so good & I am finally sleeping all night long & dreaming again. Many of my other ailments have also eased considerably, so I will dust off my running shoes towards the end of the summer & get control of my tummy.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried lots of the usual ‘suspects’ (not HRT) but they did nothing for me. I then tried Maca, which is a natural organic Peruvian root and it made a huge difference.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried lots of the usual ‘suspects’ (not HRT) but they did nothing for me. I then tried Maca, which is a natural organic Peruvian root and it made a huge difference.
You got me curious so I just ordered some. Thanks for mentioning it.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I started intermittent fasting when the meno belly got out of hand, and do a 16/8 routine. I also watch my wheat and carb intake. Stabilized the weigh gain.

Had no success with supplements whatsoever.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got me curious so I just ordered some. Thanks for mentioning it.

I hope it works for you @Matata. One thing I will mention is that when I first started taking it, I felt a little bloated for a few day, but that settled down, and I also felt high :lol: Well, I assume that’s what feeling high is like because I’ve never taken drugs, that also settled after a couple of days.

For me, the big differences were that my hot flushes stopped almost immediately, I was definitely more even tempered, and my energy levels went up.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
I couldn’t take Maca when I was still bleeding - it made my already terrible periods even worse. Now I’ve had a hysterectomy it would be interesting to see if it helps with other parts of menopause.

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
I am 52, coming off HRT due to a side effect that was causing other issues. I’m a huge fan as it really helped with my hot flashes, night sweats and mood.

I have had trouble with losing weight, but recently added more protein and fiber, along with intermittent fasting and had decent results. I’m hoping it will help stave off any added pounds, and once I regulate after coming off HRT, I’ll start losing again. So my advice is check your protein and fiber intake To ensure you are getting enough Of both.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m in perimenopause and I have seen my energy go down drastically. I haven’t exercised in over 8 months and have seen the scale go up. My diet is not bad, 3 meals, no snacks and plenty of water. I don’t have a sweet tooth and try to have a well balanced meal (primarily veggies, protein and a little bit of carbs). I see a lot of ads in IG about this issue but I don’t trust any of it. I recently started intermittent fasting (16:8) and removed processed carbs (bread, pasta). Not sure if it’s working but obviously I have to give it some time. Meanwhile, my husband reduces his red meat intake and started going to the gym 2x/wk and he loses 10lbs.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I just tried a bottle of Hormone Harmony by Happy Mammoth followed by a bottle of Provitalize. The Provitalize did nothing for me so I just started taking Hormone Harmony again. I did lose a few lbs on my first HH bottle. I will let you know how the 2nd bottle goes.

Happy Mammoth is running a substantial sale right now to coincide with Prime Days. You could always order a bottle and see if it helps. They do gave a money back guarantee.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Which one did you get? Red?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I'm post-menopausal, but like Ally, I use bioidentical HRT, so that might skew my results, but the things that work for me are

16-8 eating - I tend to eat that way anyway (have always hated eating first thing and have no difficulty exercising before food). I'm a grazer, so often eat quite a bit in my 8 hour window, but try not to eat outside of it 5 days/week. I don't worry about weekends as I don't think it's great to be too prescriptive about anything to do with food

I eat everything, including pasta, potatoes and bread, but mostly being conscious to eat vegetables and protein first. There's some good science about that positively effecting digestion as well as reducing insulin spikes

Being fairly diligent about eating 30 different plants per week. It's not difficult - when I really looked at it, we were basically doing it already, but it's made me think more about not always going to the same fruits and vegetables and being more conscious of adding nuts, seeds, lentils, etc.

Cutting down some on cardio and replacing it with strength training and pilates.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who are menopause age..........

I don't have the night sweats or the moodyness but I have absolutely no energy and I have gotten what we term the meno belly. Do any of you take anything that has helped you with these issues? NOT HRT but something: vitamins, fat burners, etc. that really work? I take a multi vitamin and D3 and B12

I had labs done recently and they say all my levels are good.

There is so much online but you can't trust anything online anymore they all say they work but honest reviews say otherwise.

IDK if you want to share your labs but very often when the healthcare professionals say labs are "good" or "normal" they are far from optimal and that is likely the case here, Happy to help you evaluate your labs if you want to share

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to caution anyone doing intermittent fasting that it is hard on the adrenals and anyone with compromised adrenals should not do IF

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm through the flashes now, but Black Cohosh was very helpful to bring relief from them. The weight issues are still a challenge, so I don't have any tricks there.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I just went and had my bloods done as I too was utterly exhausted and aches and pains all the time. Also gained 10kg. Thought it must be start off menopausal symptoms.

Turns out it’s not peri menopause, instead I have Hashimotos disease which is impacting my thyroid function. Would not have been picked up by normal thyroid function tests. They HAVE to test for TPO antibodies.

I’ve just started on thyroid meds yesterday. Plus selenium supplements.

If I were you I’d go and have all the tests done.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

@Austina What does this brand of maca taste like? That is, if you use the powdered version.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never tried the powdered version @SparklieBug, I’ve only ever had the tablets or capsules.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I shall have to experiment, then! :D

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was shoved into menopause after a mastectomy. I take L-Carnatine along with a host of other vitamins I will not bore you with. I do not take hormones of any type.

I believe it has helped me maintain my weight along with exercise and moderation of The bad food I love (chocolate and red wine).

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just went and had my bloods done as I too was utterly exhausted and aches and pains all the time. Also gained 10kg. Thought it must be start off menopausal symptoms.

Turns out it’s not peri menopause, instead I have Hashimotos disease which is impacting my thyroid function. Would not have been picked up by normal thyroid function tests. They HAVE to test for TPO antibodies.

I’ve just started on thyroid meds yesterday. Plus selenium supplements.

If I were you I’d go and have all the tests done.

I had this exact same thing happen. Achy, not sleeping well, hair loss, dry skin, zero energy. I thought it was aging, but turns out that I have Hashimoto’s.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I did not even know meno belly was a thing and just googled it. Ugh. I guess one more thing to look forward to... NOT. I hope you all feel better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results