shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish me luck on new platinum posts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
So y''day I took my w-ring into be rhodium plated (its normal bi-annual servicing) and asked my jeweler how much to put my earrings in platinum settings. He took them from me & told me he''d just replace the posts to save me money (new post & nut). So for $100 I got new posts.

I''m hoping this works because I don''t want to swap the whole thing out. But he gave me a great deal, because I was searching findings for earrings online & that''s what COST is on them. He even said he''d do it at his cost. But the folks at ABC are so great & like to keep their customers happy.

I''ve been putting plastic sheaths from Claire''s over my earrings since 2002 when I got them, so I''m *praying* this works.

Oh, and I also inquired about earring jackets. I had an email to Bob at Whiteflash...and then the SA at ABC showed me some jackets he had on a pear (that he could make for my princess) OMG....totally different from what I''ve seen so far. The edge is more "bezel like" so its clean against an earring in a prong basket (will match my W-ring better & the diamonds are a little smaller, and not only do they go around the diamond, but on the side of the setting too.
30.gif
30.gif
And sooo cheap. I about fell on the floor when Ali told me what he could make them for. Of course, I think that was in WG, and I''m allergic, so I''m sure I''ll do plat & raise the price, but what the heck! They were GORGEOUS. I love my jeweler. I keep wanting to buy from WF, but ABC has similar prices, quality, they stand by all their work, do everything in house, and maintain all your jewelry free of charge. And no shipping cuz its just downtown.

I want those jackets so bad! LOL.

Anyway...wish me luck that my ears are happy with my new stud posts!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How nice for you to find a jewelery who has jackets! I''ve been to about five or six B&Ms and haven''t found a single pair to try on. . .
7.gif

Good luck with your replacement posts!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck diver. i hope the plat. posts work for you. show up pics once you get them back, and I hope you get the jackets too!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
mrs. s....they r in my ears! he did it while i was there!!!! i mean, i left for an hour to buy delaney some cute clothes....lol....but they r my 1ctw princess studs..i've posted before...hmmm linky hunting...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great deal! I hope it works out! Where is your jeweler? They sound great!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Wait a minute...They had earring jackets for pears??? Do you have a link or picture??? Oh yes and good luck on the new posts!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Gotta love ABC! I am going in there tomorrow, actually to have my rings cleaned, polished, etc.!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had them in my ears nonstop since Saturday and so far so good. My ears haven''t swelled up, turned red, cracked or oozed. *knock on wood*

I don''t like that they are screw back. (my old ones were friction) and the post seems hella long, but only pokes me if I jam a phone into my shoulder while feeding baby...so not a real problem.

All in all, I don''t have to futz with plastic covers, so I''m happy happy girl!

Kelley: did you see the jackets on the pear studs?

Miranda: I don''t think they have a link to them...but I bet you could email/call & ask them to send a pic. Tell them Jeannine sent you. :)

www.abcjewelery.net

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results