shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golden_eyes

Rough_Rock

Diamondgeezer,

I believe you said in a previous post that your GF has allergies? If you are going to buy her a silver ring, please be sure that it is nickel-free, as nickel is generally what causes people to have allergies to white gold...

Good luck in your search!

golden_eyes

ty golden eyes, I am going to the b&m store tomorrow, so I will make a point to ask, ty - do they do nickel free white gold?

what do you think of the ring, the bottom one on the pic I posted?

is the pink sapph too big for someone who like "dainty rings" that are "not too big"? I like it, and my taste is very classic and understated, plus it is pink, which she loves.

michela002

Shiny_Rock

Diamondgeezer - I think the one you posted (the pink saph solitaire with channel-set diamonds on the side - that is the one you are talking about right?) is very pretty and not "too much" ... depends a little on how big the pink saph is and how thick the band is on her fingers but it looks very pretty. (I notice that stone is an oval shape - does she like oval shapes or would she prefer a rounder/squarer one?) But I think that looks very nice, good job!

1.gif

Oh - but something to consider - maybe sure the pink saph isn''t TOO big because otherwise when you give her an e-ring you don''t want the diamond (size-wise) to be a step down! lol.

Alternatively if you think that might be a little too much or big or not dainty enough, have you considered a pink sapphire eternity ring?

E.g.

ezcreations_1818_12590490.gif

(but in white gold/plat - it looks not so nice in this gold!)

Or

pinketernity3.jpg

They are a little wedding band-y, but I think they are very pretty and you could get a thin one that would look very dainty.

Or if you don''t like channel set, maybe a shared-prong:

ezcreations_1818_12547484.gif

(that one is only half-way around and is diamonds and pink sapphires, but you could go all the way around if you wanted, and go all pink sapphires if you wanted.)

Out of curiosity, what hand and finger are promise rings worn on?? Are they a placecard holder for the e-ring (i.e. worn on the e-ring finger?) or do you wear them on another finger/hand?

golden_eyes

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/14/2004 12:23:11 PM
Author: diamondgeezer

ty golden eyes, I am going to the b&m store tomorrow, so I will make a point to ask, ty - do they do nickel free white gold?

what do you think of the ring, the bottom one on the pic I posted?

is the pink sapph too big for someone who like ''dainty rings'' that are ''not too big''? I like it, and my taste is very classic and understated, plus it is pink, which she loves.

Diamondgeezer - I think some 18k gold might be nickel-free - especially Italian white gold, but makre sure the seller can tell you that it definitely doesn''t have nickel. I''ve seen ultra-pure silver before - from the shopping channels. I''m not able to find a link to any of those products now...

Apparently, palladium-based white gold is a good bet for nickel allergy sufferers. As is titanium and surgical steel. I was reading an interesting post that says it''s illegal to use nickel in jewelry in the EU and UK - here''s the link - lots of info on nickel allergy:

http://www.finishing.com/218/60.html

http://www.24carat.co.uk/whatiswhitegold.html

That last site is primarily for info - I''ve never shopped with them, and so can''t vouch for them either way as sellers...

Ack - that''s enough out of me! Good luck in your search. Ask the B&M sellers about nickel content, and check and see if there is a return policy in case, for whatever reason, your girlfriend has an allergic reaction...

You can never go wrong with pink sapphire ;-) Keep us posted!

I went to the b&m store today, and I love the ring, it is beautiful, and very dainty. it is just a shame that it is white gold, thanks for the link, I will ask if their white gold is nikel or palladium. the guy at the store actually showed me another one to go to, very fancy, he said they do a lot of platinum. the girl there said they could make me one, but that is going to cost a lot. I was rushed for time, so I might go back and have a look at their white gold pink sapphire rings, I will ask, see what the alloy is.

the guy also told me that cos it is thin, they can''t engrave it
8.gif
nevermind

but I love the ring, it is so much nicer in person than the pic

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found something new to add to my wish list:
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LP2019.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohh!!!!!
36.gif
So pretty sevens one! Where did you find that???

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is the link to Coast diamond. I got to view some of their jewelry this weekend. OMG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I just took a quick look- such pretty stuff!

reena

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
30.gif
nan, very NICE!

these are MY new obsession!
36.gif
do you guys think these are too fancy for daily wear?

e301-08W.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH heck no. I don''t think any diamonds are too fancy for daily wear.
31.gif
You only live once.
I love those pave surround studs. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

reena

Ideal_Rock
might as well throw these in while i'm at it.
30.gif
pink diamond studs, 5 carats EACH, in rose gold.

e020-02W.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reena
I love love love the first pair you posted!! Any idea of what the total weight is??
Lisa

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 12:56:57 PM
Author: reena
36.gif
30.gif
nan, very NICE!

36.gif

e301-08W.jpg
Reena, I dont think these are at all too fancy for daily wear...I have a similar pair of earrings- antiquey looking studs with pave surrounding it- that I bought at the diamond exchange here in NJ- certainly not Leon- but I believe just as pretty! And, I wear them to work- I am a nurse- so I wear them with my scrubs- but I dont care!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i couldnt find a description for those so i dont really know; i''d guess around 2 TCW for the cetner diamonds (not counting the pave). now how about THESE babies?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

e026-01W.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You''ve awakened the beast!

EC0423.jpg

Ritani makes some really pretty earrings with their Endless Love Style.

ritani earrings.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 1:16:42 PM
i couldnt find a description for those so i dont really know; i''d guess around 2 TCW for the cetner diamonds (not counting the pave). now how about THESE babies?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

e026-01W.jpg
Reena, I knew I liked you.
9.gif
2.gif
I have posted these. like, four times in various earring threads on the forum. They are the ULTIMATE.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 12:56:57 PM
36.gif
30.gif
nan, very NICE!

36.gif

e301-08W.jpg
I went over to Saks yesterday & they had a pair just like that for $8K+ (there were no specs on the tag tho!) in the fabrikant section of estate jewelry - i was swooning over them!!
30.gif
3.gif
I'd totally wear them every day!!

Edited to add: i went back today & the saleslady said they're G/H center stones almost .50 & pave of about .25 - clarity unspecified & no certs or reports - sheesh whatta rip!
6.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Alright.....I thought that I had already gotten most of this out of my system but you have forced me to trudge endlessly through more jewelry websites. Thanks alot
20.gif
9.gif

DER40-L.jpg

I already have this ring in sapphire and diamond!
6.gif
Cool beans!
9.gif
I'm already ahead of the game
16.gif

Sorry that isn't a very good picture of mine
40.gif

DiamondSapphire4.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
dfrect22tn.jpg
3.gif
22ct D Flawless
3.gif
3.gif

dfl_round3.jpg

Holy cow. Um, yeah..I''ll take two..they''re small
9.gif

p13oval20.jpg

If you''re gonna dream...you might as well dream big

sapphire1.jpg

Besides April babies...us September babies have the best birthstone...
27.gif
IMHO of course
12.gif

Alright..back to work
20.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
This is so me

LA0185-S.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2004 9:47:41 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

Date: 12/6/2004 1:16:42 PM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

e026-01W.jpg
Reena, I knew I liked you.
9.gif
2.gif
I have posted these. like, four times in various earring threads on the forum. They are the ULTIMATE.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
i agree jflo--the ULTIMATE!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My possible surprise will be in Mark T''s office within the hour! :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2004 2:31:46 PM
Author: moremoremore
My possible surprise will be in Mark T''s office within the hour! :)
WTF?????
Whatcha got goin'' on?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
WTF surely means "Wow That''s Fantastic" LOLOLOLOL
41.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I love this pendent..............................what the hell I''ll take the lot
30.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
OK here''s 2nd try I really really love these

Pink & White Diamond Calleija Pendant x 2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow emeraldgirl. PINK.
I tried on a Pale Pink, Pear-shaped diamond ring this weekend priced at over $200,000. WOW

theinquisitor

Rough_Rock
Just stopping in to DROOL... and say that I love the idea of everyone chipping in to buy one of these gorgeous pieces and then wearing them for an allotted time each... Kind of like a "time share" diamond...
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results