shape
carat
color
clarity

wire transfer v. credit card purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
im kinda undecided which to pay....when i pay w/ wire transfer, i get 5% discount plus i have to pay the wire fee.

if i pay visa, no wire fee, plus 1% cash back.

if i go wire route, i save $30-$40, but no credit card purchase protection.

any thoughts?
35.gif

miaomy

Rough_Rock
If their bank is in your area, just go in and make the deposit. No wire fee that way.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really up to YOUR comfort level with the vendor.
If you trust them and feel they will make good if there is a problem then do the wire.

If you still prefer the peace of mind the credit card protection offers you, and it's worth $40 to you, then use the credit card.

I'll add that if there is a problem after sale, and the seller is a pricescope vendor, a post here can work wonders.
I gotta hand it to a vendor who would appear here.
Some customers can be pretty harsh and they have to play nice and make the customer happy - not that they wouldn't have anyway.
But the publicness of this place is very powerful.

jldunn

Rough_Rock
Check them out on the Better Business Bureau website. If they''ve got no complaints in the past, I''d think you''re pretty safe saving yourself some cash with the wire transfer.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I depend on how much you trust the vendor, how practical you are and how much is the purchase price.

If you were buying something for$4000, then the 1% cash back would give you $40 which is the same as the amount you save going the wire transfer route. If the item is less than $4000, then you would get less back with the credit card than you would save with the wire transfer. So it seems more practical to buy with credit card for the item if it's over $4000 and with wire transfer for the item if it's less than $4000. I assume that you did the calculation and the saving for wire transfer is specific to your item and since I don't know if the specific wire fee and item price involved, I can't say specifically which is actually a better saving. But all that doesn't account for your trust of the vendor.

It seems like you are 100% comfortable with the wire transfer since you are asking this question. I would just pay for it with credit card to be on the safe side.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who is the vendor? I did a wire transfer with Dirt Cheap Diamonds for the additional discount and I don''t have regrets. Everything came as expected and the appraisal went really well too. I would suggest only buying from places that have a 30 day return policy or that have really good reviews from pricescope, and that have certifications.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi...I did the wire transfer with my online banking and it was easy as pie. I made the transfer to Whiteflash and never had any hesitation thanks to PS. I learned here about them and their great rep!

GL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results