shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink''s Daughter getting married Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Wink!

Your wife''s gift sounds incredibly beautiful.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your post made me a bit teary eyed, it''s so nice to see that daddies and daughters are so close. Have a wonderful time!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS to your daughter and soon to be- her new husband! Enjoy the special day. It IS very special! My parents enjoyed the wedding, and in a way it was bittersweet. She will always be your little girl, and my parents compared the feelings of joy of my wedding to when they took me to school my first day. I was just this little thing, and yet I never looked back, and was excited about going to school... yet I was soo little! The future is bright, and everything is exciting... but sometimes it is hard to let go. They still remember my bright purple tights... as I''m sure they remember everything about my wedding.

Your father-daughter dance sounds amazing! How wonderful that she is such a phenomenal dancer, and how beautiful it will be. Enjoy every moment, congrats!
36.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
You know the rules... PICTURES!!!
2.gif

Everything sounds just wonderful. I''m a guy so I''m not good at reading between the lines but I don''t have to with the words you wrote. A lot of pride and love in this family.

Congratulations!

Treefrog

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your family and your wonderful daughter on the upcoming nuptials!!!
36.gif
36.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Wink! and it''s nice to hear about the love that your wife poured into her present.

I''m sure the whole family will enjoy it lots, and have great photographs to remember it by as well.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congrats to your daughter and family, Wink. A lot of love has obviously gone into raising your daughter and now her wedding and gifts.

(I hope you, your wife and the groom are all as calm as you report her to be.)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The father daughter dance sounds very sweet.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wink,
Your post got me all teary eyed too. You are such a wonderful father. I hope you will post some pics for us!! Enjoy!!!
36.gif
35.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Awww Wink, I am so excited for you! One of the best parts of the wedding is dancing with your daddy! Congratulations to you!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!! Enjoy the big day, Daddy-o!!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Wink !!
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You wrote such sweet things about your daughter and future son in law. It is such a special time. Enjoy!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Wink! How about a picture of your wife''s beautiful creation?
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope its a wonderful day Wink!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you all have a wonderful day Wink. And savor that dance, it''s special!
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Wink to you, Reza and your daughter! What a lovely, loving family you have!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Wink and family! It''s going to be a wonderful day tomorrow!!!
36.gif

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wink!

Congrats and Mazal Tov!!!!
Enjoy every moment, because these moments ARE the moments we live for...everything else is ''fluff'' at best.

As an aside, your Son In Law must have been really careful about the engagement ring to make sure it was perfect in every single respect!!
1.gif

You cannot let "the shoemakers child go bear foot"
1.gif
1.gif
.......and there was no way he was gonna get a mediocre stone past the radar
1.gif

I''m sure your daughter got a heck of a rock!

Best Wishes!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Wink! What a sweet story!

We will be thinking of you all on Saturday.

And when you get a chance... please post pictures! Lots ''n'' LOTS of pictures!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Wink. Have a wonderful time at the wedding with your beautiful daughter and family.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sweet, Wink! Enjoy the day tomorrow and cherish your daddy/daughter dance! The shawl your wife made sounds amazing!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2009 9:21:31 AM
Author: Wink

LOL! Sorry Perry, not this time, although she does have a fantastic engagement diamond and some super sparkly Richard Homer gems already.

She is getting something even better. Her mother made her fabulous silk shawl on her loom. The material is super light and incredibly soft. It took weeks of planning and hours to thread onto the loom and many more hours of weaving to create this masterpiece of beauty.

It is six shades of pinks and purples randomly woven into a twil pattern. Since the material is pure silk the colors literally glow and the shawl takes on a special appearance that is slightly different in each light. A local dressmaker who Resa (my wife) showed it to asked where in the world she had found such unbelievably beautiful material. She was shocked and amazed to find that it had not been purchased for thousands of dolllars. Resa, of course, was beaming from ear to ear when she came home and told me what the dressmaker had said.

So it seems my daughter is getting an heirloom of a different nature this time. Something hand crafted and made over a period of months with love woven into every strand by her mother. Although my gems are fantastic, this is one time they did not even try to compete. I can continue trying to spoil her at Christmas and birthdays, but this moment clearly belongs to my wife.

Wink

Wink: That is indeed a gift of increadible value... Something that I am sure your daughter will treasure for years. My hats off to your wife.

Enjoy the weekend and the weeks that follow. We''ll catch up another time. For now - take care of the family and enjoy it.

Perry

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love hearing how you speak about your daughter!! Have an amazing day Wink!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Wink and best wishes to your daughter :)

Your wife''s gift sounds truly amazing!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you and to your family, Wink!!
36.gif
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s Saturday! Thinking of you and hoping for a GORGEOUS day!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wink,
Congratulations!!! My Dad and I practiced dancing together when I was still single and 16 yr old. I hope to dance with him on my wedding too.
Your story made me shed a tear. A happy one.
Congratulations!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you and to the happy couple, Wink. Best Wishes for a wonderful day and a fruitful life together.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to add my best wishes to the happy couple and congratulate Wink and Reza on having such a loving, close family. I hope you enjoy every minute of this momentous day.
36.gif
36.gif

The very special silk shawl woven by her mom will be a daily reminder of her devotion to and support of your daughter and son-in-law.

Wink, when or ''if'' you grow weary of studying gemstones, you should consider a career in journalism.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results