shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you UN-halo if it goes out of style?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I got my halo because I think that it is a gorgeous setting, not because it's in style. For what it's worth, I don't live in an area where there are many halos. Not that I think that a classic halo design would ever go out of style, but no, I wouldn't change it for that reason alone.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
No. I luff my halos and they are very "me". It's not about fashion, it's about classic, timeless style.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually, the opposite. I might un-halo if the trend keeps up! I like to be unique.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
As my mother says, "If everyone jumped in the lake, would you jump in the lake?"

No, I wound not un-halo unless I was already tired of it. And had seen a new style worth actually plunking money down for. I love vintage styles, and I have a love/hate affair with most contemporary things. I need to be convinced that modern = better. People sent a lot of 1920s cars to the crusher, and how awesome would it be to own a 1920s car now, even if it's no what you'd want to use for your daily transportation? Styles come, styles go. There's no need to change one's favorite jewelry just because it's no longer hawt.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn't style just go round in circles? I will just keep mine. At least I know I will be fashionable at least some of the time :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's that easy unpack what influences our decisions where style is concerned - let alone to predict our future decision. :wink2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking like you have a larger diamond than you can afford can go out of style?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1393280846|3622183 said:

Is that why people get halo's?

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

I think the preferred term is "finger coverage" and there are several styles that help those of us with plus size fingers! :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1393281274|3622193 said:

Is that why people get halo's?
Is it or b/c most of the owners love the style?

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I see lots of diamonds that look larger than what that person could afford. Some people were actually wearing two or more diamonds of that magnitude. But apparently they know somebody that could afford it. In my town, it's safest to just give the wearer compliments and not ask any questions. ;)) :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that's a difficult question... I love my setting, which happens to be a halo, as well as the additional finger coverage it provides. The only way I'd "un-halo" is if I could get that 10+ mm solitaire to replace it. :naughty: :naughty:

...who the heck am I kidding??!!! I'd halo that bad boy, too!
:lol: :lol: ;)) :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not very nice Kenny :shock: I have a step cut center with an RB halo, in no way does it make my diamond look bigger, they don't blend at all. I would say a cluster setting, like those with invisible set princess diamonds or baguettes around a smaller asscher invisible set aim to achieve this but not most halos. Nicely done halos enhance a stone, like a frame around a portrait. But your opinion may be different, people vary :twirl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1393286243|3622276 said:

Not very nice Kenny

Huh?
Halos have been suggested in countless threads where the OP laments the diamond they can afford is not large enough, yet pointing this out is somehow 'not nice'.
Huh?

Halos make a diamond look bigger, at least till you get a closer look.
Just the facts, ma'am.

There is nothing wrong with making choices to get a larger or larger-looking diamond for a given budget, lower color, lower clarity, poor cut, clarity-enahnced, settings that make diamonds seem bigger like halos and tension settings.
But those choices are not the same as spending more money.
Really, who can afford the 3 ct F VS1 ACA that so many would prefer?
Why be coy about it?

Often what is seen as niceness is just dishonesty, pretending or supporting people's imaginings.
There is nothing wrong with our fantasies, or being honest about them.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am a solitaire kind of a guy.

but, each to their own. if they want to un-halo, then Unhalo it. if you can afford to do so.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1393292605|3622351 said:

Not very nice Kenny

Huh?
Halos have been suggested in countless threads where the OP laments the diamond they can afford is not large enough, yet pointing this out is somehow 'not nice'.
Huh?

Just the facts, ma'am.

They are recommended to take up finger real estate, not to make the diamond look bigger. Three stone rings are used to do the same think, give you more "look" for your money. I dont believe they are intended to trick the eye, unlike say a cluster ring.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

Not very nice Kenny

Huh?
Huh?

Just the facts, ma'am.

There is nothing wrong with making choices to get a larger or larger-looking diamond for a given budget, lower color, lower clarity, poor cut, clarity-enahnced, settings that make diamonds seem bigger like halos and tension settings.
Why be coy about it?

Often what is seen as niceness is just dishonesty, pretending or supporting people's imaginings.

Sometimes they are suggested because they are beautiful. Many of us would love a Victor Canera halo, but it comes with a huge price tag, which can be applied to the size of the diamond....so I guess that a halo is not always about exaggerating the size of your actual diamond. Also, as was pointed out earlier to me this year, even celebrities opt for halos and their diamonds are big enough!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not very nice Kenny

Huh?
Huh?

Just the facts, ma'am.

Why be coy about it?

Just that it seems that your comment is a blanket statement that size is THE reason people go for a halo. And that the reason is that people can't afford a bigger diamond. Can't afford and don't want to spend are two different things. It just came off as kind of not a nice thing to say IMO is all. That may be the reason some ladies choose it, but not all. Not starting a war here, just sayin.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure.
Halo buyers vary. ;-)

Some with the budget for a 3 ct F VS1 ACA will get a 1.25 ct F VS1 ACA with a halo and donate the rest to charity.
It's possible. ;-) unlikely, but possible.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1393294391|3622373 said:
Sure.
Halo buyers vary. ;-)

Some with the budget for a 3 ct F VS1 ACA will get a 1.25 ct F VS1 ACA with a halo and donate the rest to charity.
It's possible. ;-) unlikely, but possible.

Or a down payment on a house but whatever.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not very nice Kenny

Why be coy about it?

OK, let me be honest...I am fantasizing a F/G VS1 3.75 ct Octavia on my finger... :wacko: ;(

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I don't buy things because they are fashionable. I buy them because I like them and they look good on me.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
i don't blindly follow trends but can't say that trends have absolutely no bearings on my choice of setting. I wore shoulder pads in 80s, not today. The style is out and I don't like it anymore. If someday halo becomes what shoulder pads are for me, I will reconsider the setting.

cctiny

Rough_Rock
hahaha! I love it :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Halos (in and of themselves) will never go out of style, because they do so much for the diamond.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went the non halo route after owning a halo... Because I found I'm just more comfortable with the classic, traditional look of a solitaire. I loved my halo but in the end...it wasn't me.

I did pick a halo to try and give the appearance that my diamond was bigger or so more real estate was covered... My fingers are very long. I also very much like the look it just wasn't a good fit for me after I had it. ;(

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I halo pretty much everything. Diamond, Colored stones- etc regarldess of size. I like the look of it and I doubt I will ever unhalo. I might move away from that style for future rings just because I like having options though.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
SB621|1393324883|3622561 said:
I halo pretty much everything. Diamond, Colored stones- etc regarldess of size. I like the look of it and I doubt I will ever unhalo. I might move away from that style for future rings just because I like having options though.

This is me. So me. I had a solitaire and it just didn't do anything for me, lovely as it was. All my rings and earrings have halos. I like the way they accent and enhance the centre stone. I am considering a three stone, however. Down the track...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results