shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this stone work in a LOGR legacy setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve found a stone that I really like at a great price but it''s a tad smaller than I was looking for. Do you think it''ll work? It''s a round stone, 6.7 mm. I was planning on having the LOGR setting customized anyway so I can ask them to make it to fit but I want to know if the stone will look too small? It''s a beautiful minty green tourmaline. I know Tourmaline Lover has said that a round stone will work in the setting- does anyone have a pic??

I''m having a hard time finding a 7 mm cushion in the colours I like at a price I can afford so I''ve started looking at rounds.

Thank you!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a couple pics of rounds in my 18k legacy thread. The setting is 8mm, and the round amethyst is 8.1mm, and the peridot is 8mm. I think it would be better to have the setting slightly smaller, ie, for a 6.7mm stone, I''d probably want a 6.5mm cushion setting. I asked my jeweler about my amethyst fitting, and he wasn''t sure - if I had an 8.2 or 8.3mm stone, it would fit fine, and not much of the bezel would show. Otherwise, you might have too much space in the corners. You might also want to consider double prongs to take up corner space, but it might be too much for a smaller stone. I would just ask LOGR to make sure the setting will fit your round stone - they''re usually pretty good about customizing.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 6.5mm stone and it kind of sits low in the 7x7 mm legacy. In fact, I brought a 7.8mm cushion to the jeweler with the 7x7mm legacy LOGR, and he said the bigger stone would look better and fit better in the 7x7 legacy. Looking at it, I think he was right.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 2:49:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have a 6.5mm stone and it kind of sits low in the 7x7 mm legacy. In fact, I brought a 7.8mm cushion to the jeweler with the 7x7mm legacy LOGR, and he said the bigger stone would look better and fit better in the 7x7 legacy. Looking at it, I think he was right.
Wow, that''s close to a full millimeter over the stated size!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I''m going to think that one over and I''m checking to see what else he has.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 9.6 mm cushion that fits better in a 9 mm setting. It fell straight down into the 10 mm setting. I guess it’s because my cushion has pillow-y sides.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 3:00:56 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 8/10/2009 2:49:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, that''s close to a full millimeter over the stated size!
I know!! I was a bit shocked myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results