shape
carat
color
clarity

Will the "Head" of this ring look good w/ smaller diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Here is a photo of a ring that I love the "head" of the ring. I believe the diamond in the photo is a 3 carat. Mine is only a 1 carat, and I am wondering if it would look as stunning on a smaller stone. Or, if scaling it down that much, it will just not look good anymore. Opinions?

liketopring.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Debbie!
35.gif
Wow, what a stunning ring - although, the size of that center diamond really gives it the POP that it has. I''m not sure a 1 carat would make the rest of the ring look as delicate. The pave work on the head won''t be as small and delicate with a smaller diamond, thus making it appear larger and bulkier - and also, this ring may not be able to be made with a smaller diamond. I would look into if a 1 carat can actually be set into this setting before getting your heart set on it! Just MHO!
9.gif

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input Cleopatra. I don''t like the shank of this ring, so I was going to have a custom ring done with a head "inspired" by this one, and a different shank. But I was worried that scaled down, it just won''t look as pretty. Anyone else want to chime in?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I think it would look nicer with a smaller diamond. It looks a bit top heavy with that huge one!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I love the head of that ring too, and can see why you love it. It is possible that the intricate detailing might swallow up the 1ct diamond (not that 1ct is small by any means) and not let it shine the way it really should. The head might take away from your beautiful diamond.

JMO. If your heart is really set on that ring, go for it - but I think you may find something just as beautiful that will be less busy.

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
One of the other things I loved about the head on this ring, is that the inside of the "petals" are a halo. I''ll attach a photo. I was looking for a halo setting, but everything I found my husband did not like--until I showed this one to him. I guess the other issue is if this "petal halo" will work w/ a 1 carat round. Hum. Do you think that it would be possible to tweak the design so it would be appropriate for a 1 carat, but not loose the look of the original?

petalhalo_edited.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, LittleDebbie, that is a fabulous ring setting! May I ask where you found it? I think the head would definitely make a diamond appear larger.

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Beau 13, I saw it on Calvins website. It is a Katharine James ring. Her other rings are pretty too, but this one just popped out at me. Here is the address:

http://www.calvinsjewelry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?cat=102&prodid=3514

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking this setting would look stunning with a fancy colored diamond. Imagine yellow, pink, or blue peeking out in between the "petals" from the side!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, a fancy would be gorgeous in that setting. It''s too bad they don''t state whether it can be made to accomodate smaller diamonds. Beautiful setting!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results