shape
carat
color
clarity

Will it look as nice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea... I wish the beading would be allot less rough and uneven on the ring as is, and it may help if the bezel settings would fit the sidestones and the 'pave' (not!) an the sides wouldn't be swamped in rough metal work.

I don't like writing this, but that line has to be drawn somewhere. At least for the sake of those jewelers who get allot better work bitterly criticized for the tip of a prong being a tenth of a degree of in a 30X picture
9.gif
And I don't think they demand higher prices either.

It could be that the shop delivers great rings and these are some rough samples. If so, I hope my apologies will be accepted. All that shows on this side of the screen are those pictures, for better or worse. Most shops shop displays online show things at least as good as they are
2.gif
, I am not used to assume things look worse than they are.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say it doesn''t look good in white gold. The workmanship is poor at best. Sorry, but that''s my honest opinion. You can do a lot better than that setting, really.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamonds are just set in and not mounted in the pictures.
Id give the workmanship a C grade.
Most of it could be fixed with proper setting and finishing but why start out with less than great.

mmmosb

Rough_Rock
I appreciate your opinions. I felt it was too busy (my description for being a novice at this) and seemed unfinished, but that perhaps a different tone would change the perception. Also, it seemed that the setting was not symmetrical at another glance. Thanks for the thoughts!

Any suggestions on where to find better settings, perhaps something with channel set baguettes, that are not tapered, in a traditional tiffany stlyle setting?? (make sense??!!, lol)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2005 10:14:55 PM
Author: mmmosb

Any suggestions on where to find better settings, perhaps something with channel set baguettes, that are not tapered, in a traditional tiffany stlyle setting??
It does. Eternity bands done like that are not unusual, setting just a bit more so.

This is by Precissionset

7972a.jpg

Someone has recently posted a ring by this maker and there is a bit more of a story about the setting than you might want, but nothing serious it seems (LINK to thread). The settings should fit any shape of center stone because the piece holding the diamond (=''head'') can be changed.

This one is set with square baguettes (why are those called ''asscher?) and the seller has quite some amount of track record on this forum, mostly for eternity bands.

19138.jpg

Are these the type of ''setting with baguettes'' you are after?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too think you can do better. The milgraining looks rough and uneven and " blobby" in places, I think in yellow gold that would highlight any flaws in the workmanship more, plus the setting would look too fussy in YG.

mmmosb

Rough_Rock
thanks for the additional feedback. i think i am going to be giving whiteflash some serious consideration, as their stuff looks great!! now, has anyone seen a setting where the baguettes are vertically channel set, not horizantally like the one pictured???

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2005 10:22:12 PM
Author: mmmosb
thanks for the additional feedback. i think i am going to be giving whiteflash some serious consideration, as their stuff looks great!! now, has anyone seen a setting where the baguettes are vertically channel set, not horizantally like the one pictured???
Yes, there are such things...

But... the horisontal arangement allows the band to be narrow, which is supposed to let the main diamond take center stage. Usually the band of the ring is intended to be narrower than the center stone''s width, and this rules out the vertical baguettes for anything but rather large center stones. These bands are hardly ever narrower than 7mm. Besides, using larger baguettes in the setting ends up with a more durable and brighter ring, so larger baguettes set horisontally might be prefferable form some quality standpoint versus tiny chips set the other way around. This is why the horisontal-set rings are somewhat more popular.

Having said this... everything is a matter of choice and taste in the end. There are no rules.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results