shape
carat
color
clarity

Will anyone be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
in getting some fun stuff from Singapore''s local chain stores, I could help you guys get them and send them over to the US, it''ll be really "cheap" for you guys. Think about it!
12.gif

Happy Vday in advance!
30.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
what sort of stuff? Are u going to post a catalog or do we just go to the websites and decide what we want?
9.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
ARE YOU?
25.gif

I could always get the local catalogs, scan them in and you choose or you could see them online. But of course, you could gimme a specific design/ item and I could go source for it.
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds interesting, but what kind of stuff are we talking about, jewelry, clothes etc..?

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Are you talking about buying jewellery from the retailers to send across the world to your friends because you think the designs around you are good enough to share?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 11:17:20 PM
Author: Platinumsmith
Are you talking about buying jewellery from the retailers to send across the world to your friends because you think the designs around you are good enough to share?

You hit the nail on the head!
9.gif
Also have had some pm''s from a few users about my stuff, so I decided to check with the general population on here.
5.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 10:41:52 PM
Author: kaleigh
It sounds interesting, but what kind of stuff are we talking about, jewelry, clothes etc..?

I was only thinking of jewelry.
25.gif
I could branch out into other items like clothes if there is interest though.
18.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Some websites of the local chain stores:

1. Lee Hwa, where my channel set band is from. Slightly "higher priced" and targets the yuppies but the stones are generally the better of all the stores I've seen so far.

2. Sk Jewellery, where the H&A stones for my mum's band is from, caters to the cheap mass market crowd.

3. Soo Kee, my personal favourite all along, the parent company of num2.

4. Tianpo, local HOF seller.

5. Citigems, a subsidary of num1 that caters to the cheap mass market crowd.

6. Taka Jewellery, the "mother" of all chains that caters to the cheap mass market crowd and spurred on the creation of Sk Jewellery and Citigems.

I don't know if it will be significantly cheaper for you guys, but I was counting on the exchange rate.
31.gif

Leonid, I am just wanting to offer a friendly hand, if this is not allowed, pls let me know and take it off.
1.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm purple gold
9.gif

Ohh what about pieces from Charlotte Atelier? Do they have a website?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 1:56
6.gif
3 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Hmm purple gold
9.gif

Ohh what about pieces from Charlotte Atelier? Do they have a website?

I would love a purple gold piece, but I am NOT willing to pay their prices!

You should check with their representative who also posts here yourself, I won't know cos I am not rich enough to shop in their store, thats why I have to buy off the scary internet.
5.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 2
6.gif
3:48 AM
Author: tomatoe

I would love a purple gold piece, but I am NOT to pay their prices!

You should check with their representative who also posts here yourself, I won't know cos I am not rich enough to shop in their store, thats why I have to buy off the scary internet.

Edited to add: Hmm I think it's more a matter of good sense and taste rather than not being able to afford stuff there?
5.gif
Lol
11.gif

I would love a purple gold pendant! When does the patent expires so that other people can make purple gold jewelry too?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The Purple gold pieces are really nice and unique!!
6.gif
Are the prices Singapore dollars?? If so, what''s the exchange rate to US???
3.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't have thought a patent on an alloys colour was possible, but there you go...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
They should be in SIN$, try using this http://www.channelnewsasia.com/cna/finance/index.htm to calculate the cost! hahahahaha, tempting eh
31.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
PS often times the patent has expired or it was only in 1 or 2 countries - that means it is up for grabs.

I could only find this in the USPTO
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=/netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=10&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&p=1&p=1&S1=(((gold+AND+color)+AND+purple)+AND+jewelry)&OS=gold+AND+color+and+purple+and+jewelry&RS=(((gold+AND+color)+AND+purple)+AND+jewelry)

I suspect anyone can make it.

Tomatoe you can ask the people who sell it to give you details of the patent, is it granted or pending etc. they must give it to you, I think if they dont and you show that you tried to verify that you were not breaching their rights then they can not sue for damages.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 7
6.gif
8:11 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
PS often times the patent has expired or it was only in 1 or 2 countries - that means it is up for grabs.
..I suspect anyone can make it.
Does that mean that we *might* be able to get purple gold jewelry in Australia?

For example, in Precious Metals
31.gif

Purple gold does look good with white gold/platinum - maybe there will be a market here for it?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 3:55:55 AM
Author: Platinumsmith
I wouldn't have thought a patent on an alloys colour was possible, but there you go...
I think the patent was for the technique used in making purple gold.

Here's what I found:

"A similar world patent was granted to Singapore Polytechnic in 2000 (WO 00/46413), and purple gold jewelry made under this patent is marketed by Aspial Corp. in Singapore."

More info on purple gold and the latest "invention" from the same guy in Singapore - Titanium Gold and Five Color Multi-Layered Gold

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I remember somebody telling me they were making purple gold in Melbourne way back, about 10 years ago. Thats what made me doubt the patent. I can't see how they sue anybody over a colour, but as it been happening for me all day, I'll go and read up on something and see how little I actually know...

Case in point, your link Garry. Thanks for that!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 11:27:25 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Keep up the good work JL
36.gif

No one would bother to protect a small market like Australia, so all those patents make it easy for us to use this prior art.
Thanks.

Well when are we going to see purple gold pieces over here? I can't find any info on anyone making or even trying to make it down under? What would be needed to generate enough interest so that people in the trade can see that there is a market for it?

Tomatoe - sorry for hijacking this thread!
3.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I dont, but I could source it for you.
5.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
To give an idea of quality and cost, my mum bought this pair of 18k whitegold earrings for my grandma last night from Lee Hwa; 0.33cttw, 10 F-G/ VVS-VS melee for SIN$502 (USD 300.78) after discounts. Is a similar item cheaper over there? The USD is weak right now so maybe the savings wont be significant enough to justify buying from here.
15.gif

popo.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Must. Have. Purple. Gold. Now.
emsmilep.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
JL: It''s fine, I am interested in purple gold as well
31.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Wish I could help,

I made some enquiries and did some research...

You would really need a dedicated market for it. It doesn''t look something that can be made easily and it would take a lot of trial and error to get a workable alloy. Not many refiners are interested in producing a metal that can''t be forged easily. They just don''t sell well (to the jewellers).

The process is pretty extreme and any refiner capable of replicating would not want to infringe on a patent - just not a good way of doing business regardless of the patents whereabouts. I.E. They are probably colleagues of some sort anyway...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Thats why they are charging an arm and a leg
31.gif
29.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
the thing is, many ppl i''ve shown the purple gold jewelry (catalog) to have expressed interest in it. I wonder if they will "licence" someone in Australia to sell purple gold, especially a jeweller with an established name?

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
This is a GIA 0.3ct F/ VS1 from Sk Jewellery

pic5.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yknow, I must be the only one but I think Purple Gold looks like enamel...cheap. I dnno. I checked those sites out and that was my first reaction...ew.

I wish I had money to have jewels sent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results