shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a J-coloured stone look ok without flourescence?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Any coments and J-coloured stone without flourescence rings to show?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
You should go to a jewelry store to see how color sensitive you are. I can see lots of yellow from the side of an I stone! There is a thread on here from a couple of days ago that shows lots of J colored center stone rings. They are very pretty face up.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Check out ''J colored stones in platinum'' on 2/17/04 under Rocky Talk.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are many people here on ps that have J colored stones. It''s all about how well the diamond is cut, and how sensitive you are to color. Some would be fine with it, others wouldn''t be. have you seen this stone in person. Let your eyes be the judge. Of course it is well known that flourescence can make a lower colored stone appear whiter, I still believe you need to let your eyes be the deciding factor in whether this stone is right for you or not. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

flee12

Rough_Rock
The stones I''m looking at are from online vendors, so cant see. The vendor has not got back to me on my requests yet, so wanna hear some comments. Thanks.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
There are lots of diamonds out there, so if you want a J colored diamond with flourscence, you should be able to find one. Lots of people say that it makes I/J diamonds appear whiter, so if I was going to get a J colored diamond, I would try to get one with it!! You need to be happy with your diamond.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
My 1.25 J is in Mara''s thread that Patty provided a link to. No flour. Set in platinum. Plenty white.

A well cut J can offer big bang for the buck!
2.gif

kyubi

Rough_Rock
I just got a 2ct from WF that has neg flour and it looks great!!! It''s also on Mara''s thread...

...Kaleigh is right, it really is ALL about the cut! If you look at the thread I started about my wife''s ring...WF put the two stones I was comparing side by side. One is VS1 H color no flour and the other is my SI1 J color neg flour... check it out on the 2nd page:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-h-a-si1.25099/

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

RE: Any coments and J-coloured stone without flourescence rings to show?

-------------------------

If the stone is very well cut, it will make little difference whether it has fluorescence of not, unless of course you like stones with fluorescence, and many people like it. Look at the stones, if they sparkle and make your heart happy, then there is no reason not to get it.

Wink

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2005 1:25:17 AM
Author: Wink

RE: Any coments and J-coloured stone without flourescence rings to show?

-------------------------

If the stone is very well cut, it will make little difference whether it has fluorescence of not, unless of course you like stones with fluorescence, and many people like it. Look at the stones, if they sparkle and make your heart happy, then there is no reason not to get it.

Wink
Sage advise, Wink!!
2.gif

misty princess

Rough_Rock
I have a well cut princess J that I got a couple of weeks ago from DCD. I was worried about the color, but have been very happy with it. (also there is no flourescense). But, it is all about personal preference, I was worried more about cut and clarity and I know some people would be willing to "trade down" on both of those for a higher color grade...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results