shape
carat
color
clarity

Wight loss plateaus

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I joined weight watchers back in September, and was very successful....I lost 18 pounds in about 5 months!! My starting weight was 148 lb, my goal weight was 125 lb, but I never reached it. I got to 130 lb easily and have not been able to budge into the 120''s. (I did get to 129 once, but it didn''t last!) At first I was thrilled, and thought that it was great, but now I''ve been 130 lb for a few months now, and would like to lose some more. I''m a very curvy 130 lb btw, I have a lot of muscle, but still have a few inches of pudge that I can spare.

What works for you to get by these plateaus? I''m starting to wonder if maybe I''m just not meant to be svelt and under 130 lb. I''m starting to feel fat again, and it''s just frustrating to not see the scale move. I''m happy with myself for losing the weight, and even more happy with myself that I''ve kept it off, but I can''t seem to keep the weight loss rolling!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your weight loss!

Some people are just built with curves! If you want to really try to lose that last extra bit of weight, I''d increase your cardio. 5 pounds is tough to lose! Diet also plays an important role in weight loss.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
What are you doing for exercise??? I''m right there with you, stuck around 130 with a goal of 125. I do an hour to an hour and a half of cardio every day and I know I need to switch up my routine in order to move beyond the plateau, but I LOVE my current routine!!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

My diet is overal pretty healthy, a lot of fruits, veggies, fiber and water. I also still track my points.

I exercise a lot too, I do a lot of hiking and jogging, and yoga. I probably need to step that up a bit, and maybe I will see some more wt loss.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things that always work for me:
-Up your water intake.
-Experiment with caloric intake, try a little higher, a little lower and see where you move.
-Change up your workout, I tend to use a combination of high and low intensity workouts so you do a burst of activity and then recover, then do another burst, then recover.

Usually doing a combo of the above will help be break through any plateau.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2010 9:19:52 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Things that always work for me:
-Up your water intake.
-Experiment with caloric intake, try a little higher, a little lower and see where you move.
-Change up your workout, I tend to use a combination of high and low intensity workouts so you do a burst of activity and then recover, then do another burst, then recover.

Usually doing a combo of the above will help be break through any plateau.
Agreed. Im stuck around 130 right now too and I was able to get to the 125. I did the following things HH lists above. Now if only I could motivate myself to do it for a couple of weeks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your weight loss. Those last pounds are tough. Calories cycling might help and increasing your workouts can help. I also found when the weight wasn''t coming off I was losing inches. Good luck with reaching your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results