shape
carat
color
clarity

Width of this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snk

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I wanted to get your opinion on what you think the width of this e-ring''s band is...

1-E2_large_1.jpg

The ring is from Dimend Scaasi. http://www.dscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-E2

My fiancee prefers her ring to be as thin as possible. I''m thinking around 2mm. My gut feeling is that the ring above is more like 3 mm, but I haven''t seen many in person so I wanted to get some feedback from you pros.
1.gif
Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think that is 3mm. I agree that it is likely 2mm. I am just judging from the rings I have.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that ring. Most people will tell you not to go below 2mm. Mainly for safety reasons.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would guess 2mm but really it is hard to tell since we don''t know how large the diamond is. Why don''t you e-mail/call them and ask
2.gif

snk

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 8:20:21 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I do not think that is 3mm. I agree that it is likely 2mm. I am just judging from the rings I have.
Thanks! It''s hard to judge from pictures online...

I love that ring. Most people will tell you not to go below 2mm. Mainly for safety reasons.

That makes sense...

I would guess 2mm but really it is hard to tell since we don''t know how large the diamond is. Why don''t you e-mail/call them and ask
2.gif

I''ve sent them an email from their website but I couldn''t wait to find out so I posted.
3.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
SNK,

I am currently working with Isaac at Dimend Scaasi on my own ring, and he is GREAT. They make each ring custom for you, so he can make it just how you want it. And I do think that is a 2mm, by the way.

I have been extremely happy working with him on my ring, and know you''ll get great service if you go with them. He won''t use his designs for stones you bought elsewhere, which I can understand and have seen at other jewelers here in San Francisco who use their own designs, but if you find a stone through another site that is listed with a broker he can usually get it and he can work on the price with you -- at least, he did for me! My stone was listed at Blue Nile, etc and I saved a bundle using Isaac. I didn''t realize that several sites will list the very same diamond, because they don''t own it...I was very new to this process.

Good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm guessing it's probably around 2.2-2.5mm which is plenty thin! I think my band is around 2.5mm (maybe a little less) and I love its width.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Even at 2.5mm that''s still very very delicate.

kaleigh: my band width actually measures in at 1.9mm hehe close enough to 2 though!

snk

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 8:41:34 PM
Author: wallermama
SNK,

I am currently working with Isaac at Dimend Scaasi on my own ring, and he is GREAT. They make each ring custom for you, so he can make it just how you want it. And I do think that is a 2mm, by the way.

I have been extremely happy working with him on my ring, and know you''ll get great service if you go with them. He won''t use his designs for stones you bought elsewhere, which I can understand and have seen at other jewelers here in San Francisco who use their own designs, but if you find a stone through another site that is listed with a broker he can usually get it and he can work on the price with you -- at least, he did for me! My stone was listed at Blue Nile, etc and I saved a bundle using Isaac. I didn''t realize that several sites will list the very same diamond, because they don''t own it...I was very new to this process.

Good luck!

Wallermama, thanks for sharing your feedback! I did a Google search and did see a lot of good feedback on Dimend Scaasi so along with your testimonial my comfort level is definitely higher than if I hadn''t seen any feedback. I''m looking forward to seeing what they can do!

I''m guessing it''s probably around 2.2-2.5mm which is plenty thin! I think my band is around 2.5mm (maybe a little less) and I love its width.

Even at 2.5mm that''s still very very delicate.

kaleigh: my band width actually measures in at 1.9mm hehe close enough to 2 though!

I definitely like the delicate look, and I think 3mm will be too wide.
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The site says there is .50 cts of melee; I counted ~45 of the little suckers from that picture. I'm not sure if the ones in the halo are the same size as the ones in the band, but if they are, each one is one point. Verrry thin. You'd need maybe 8 pointers to make it 3 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results