shape
carat
color
clarity

Wide e-ring and thin wedding ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a wide e-ring that you wear together with a thin wedding (anniversary/eternity) ring?

I have tried on this combination this weekend, and loved it. However, DH didn''t like it at all, so I thought if I had couple of PS`ers to back me up, he might give in :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi chiquitapet! i don''t have the wband yet (it is on its way, hopefully end of this week) but it will be very thin (1.5mm) and it is full eternity pave. it will be paired with my halo''d ering which has some width and is pretty substantial. once i have it, i will post pics, but in the meantime, i hope you win him over to your side!
1.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a band I was considering. It''s very thin, around 2 mm or so. My Ering is 4 mm at the widest up top.
36.gif

thineringpsang.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Ang3199, that`s exactly the look I meant!!! That looks beautiful!!!! Even DH doesn''t dislike it, which is PROGRESS
1.gif

Rainydaze, can''t wait for your pics! You must be so excited about your ring being on its way!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do! My e-ring is 6mm, my wedding band is 2.5mm. I love the look.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 6:39:01 PM
Author: chiquitapet
Ang3199, that`s exactly the look I meant!!! That looks beautiful!!!! Even DH doesn''t dislike it, which is PROGRESS
1.gif

Rainydaze, can''t wait for your pics! You must be so excited about your ring being on its way!!

I think if you work on him you can get him loving it!
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess a picture might help
2.gif

Tacori_weddingset_12.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that look! It is "matching" without being too "matchy-matchy," giving you lots of options for the design of the w-band: pave, channel-set, plain, filigree, migrain etc. etc. etc. Also, the thinner wedding band makes the e-ring and stone stand out, the look is lovely and feminine, and the thinner wedding band makes the two-ring combo more comfortable to wear! It''s a win-win-win-win situation!
2.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thank You everyone for your replies and pics!

I`m now totally sold on the combo. As dreamer_dachsie says it`s a win-win-win-win situation... LOL

Work on hubby starts NOW.

2.gif

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
I have a wide e-ring and am leaning toward a thin w-band. Sadly, I can''t get a pic to upload. Near the head it is 4-5mm wide and tapers to 3mm toward the back of my finger. After trying on a few bands I''ve found that thin ones with diamonds look best. Anything as wide as the e-ring, which is a platinum solitaire, looks like too much metal. Too heavy.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
here's my .52ct semi-tension set e-ring (5 mm) with 1.56ctw shared prong eternity band (2.5mm).

eta: e-ring size 5.5, eternity size 6

i love the look of a wider e-ring paired with a thin band. it really balances out beautifully!

IMG_0035_edited-4.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is 4mm - flares out to 6mm at the center and my w-band is 1.7mm. I love the look, too -- go for it! For Xmas though I am getting a wider wedding band to wear alone when I''m working out, traveling, etc. I thought I would like the look of the thin band on it''s own, and it''s really too delicate for that.

wideering4.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
ELMORTON!!! Your wedding band is BEAUTIFUL! Why have I never seen it? Do you have a RockyTalky or SMTR thread on it??

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Musey, thanks!!! No, I haven''t done a SMTR yet. I think I''ll probably do one after Christmas when I get my everyday band. Then I can just post them all together.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay well get on that asap. I NEED to know all about that GORGEOUS eternity band.

Sorry for the thread-jack
2.gif

Roxxie

Rough_Rock
I think my combo fits the bill . . .

swdkwedding2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
*BUMP*

Show me more, show me more! I am getting my three-stone e-ring setting changed and will probably have a 3mm e-ring band and a 1.8mm w-ring band, so I''d love to see more examples!!

DD
35.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
My rings are similar in shank/band width so I dont think I count, but I really think it all depends on your specific ering. Do you know which ering you want/have?

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine! 4mm width on e-ring and 2mm on w-band:

JFO_SetonHandSmall2.JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your replies and pictures.

To update, my hubby couldn''t really get over his love for thin e-rings, and so we ordered a 2.5mm taper knife edge shank solitaire. He put forward several good points, such as that my fingers are relatively tiny and short, he loves the classic (esp. Tiffany) and traditional look etc...

I could have had a wide one if I pushed hard enough but wanted both of us to be happy with the final product and so compromised in the end. I`m grateful that he actively participated in the search and that the ring is not all "me".

Can''t wait for the ring to arrive! Will post asap
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results