shape
carat
color
clarity

Why such a discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to a jeweller the other day and asked the stats of a ring

It was priced at £5000 and the gemmologist in the store said it was a H Colour P1 Round Cut 0.84 carats, the shoulders of the ring had two 14 point baguettes the ring was 18 carat yellow gold 4 prong, prongs and setting in white gold.

Another ring was priced at £2545 a princess cut solitaire on 18 carat white gold shank with white gold setting. This one was certificated (the other not but not GIA probably IGI but I did not see it) and was D colour VS1 0.58 carats no side stones.

I know a jeweller can put any price on that he wants but why do you think the small one with high colour and clarity costs so much lower than the larger one with lower colour and clarity? The settings were not designer so no markup there.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Rounds fetch higher pricing per carat??!!
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I know that I can do much better on price and did not intend to buy there at all anyway. Just wondered why the discrepancy but maybe it is because it is a round. However the difference in Colour and Clarity is huge I think especially when the smaller stone was certificated also.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
dont forget to factor in the 2 side stones...
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results