shape
carat
color
clarity

Why is this diamond priced so low?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the 2nd post but im looking to get engaged ASAP, if anyone has any opinions on the diamond below please advise. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Why is this diamond priced so low?

$10,500

Stock Number: 4234955
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 2
Color: D
Clarity: SI2
Shape: Princess
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depth: 74.6%
Table: 71%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: GD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culet: NO
Girdle: ETN-ETK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.60x6.26x4.67

taualum23

Rough_Rock
From this layman''s point of view:

1) SI2, the stone might have considerable inclusions
2) It is out of shape rather considerably for a prioncess. If, however, you don''t mind, or or affirmatively looking for a more rectangular stone, this might not be an issue at all.
3) The girdle goes from etn (possibly brittle) to ETK, where you would be hiding a great deal of weight. This is far outside the "norm" of the best princess stones.
4) Some might consider the table too wide. 71% is not neccesarily too bad, but it would be somethng, when all else is considered, that may work to the detriment of the stone.

Just my .02, again: I AM NOT AN EXPERT: I look forward to hearing what the experts have to say.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Extremely Thin to Extremely Thick girdle?

I wonder where it is thin and where it is thick? I would not buy this one sight unseen!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoa! not square! not square!!

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
Its dimensions are extremely rectangular. Also, you''d be a lot better off getting away from an SI2 and dropping even to an E or F if you want to remain colorless. I think that would be your best bet as an SI2 in a princess is tough to find eye clean.

Also, it sounds like they went out of their way to hit the magic 2 ct mark.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results