shape
carat
color
clarity

Why does USPS even bother with tracking info?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I was sent an email for each of my bags last week for tracking the shipments. One of them is at the post office -- the mail carrier said he knocked and rang the bell, but at the time he supposedly did that I was sitting at my computer about 10'' from the front door so I know he didn''t attempt to deliver it and get my signature. I only know about it because I got a slip in my mailbox. I checked the tracking and it says the exact same thing it did when I first got the email -- that USPS has received info to expect a shipping and something about the shipper creating a mailing lable. ????

I like USPS and I prefer to ship and receive that way more than any other, but honestly, what is up with their tracking???

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree! Their tracking numbers are completely useless! I hate USPS! We had a bunch of Netflix movies that we were supposed to get Saturday and our mailman decided not to bring us our mail Saturday! Grr.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, but it isn't just the US Postal service. I ordered something and it is shipped through UPS. It arrived in my city Friday according to the tracking website and it is still in Transit to my house since Saturday morning. I am wondering if it needs to get a view of the whole city before it makes it to my house
20.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t liked USPS since they started charging by size instead of weight recently. Used to swear by them, wouldn''t use anything but the good ol'' United States Postal Service. Three weeks ago I sojourned over to my local PO to mail my nephew some Legos for his birthday. They weighed, oh maybe a pound or less. Figured I''d head in there a week early and send ''em Priority. When I got there, the woman literally whipped out a ruler and started measuring the box. Since I''d used an old box from work, it was bigger than the gift and I''d just added plastic inflatey things to take up space. ANYWAY she then informed me that it''d be $28.00 to ship Priority. So I shipped it Parcel Post for what it used to cost: around $8.00, after I stopped laughing manaically and peeled myself off of the floor.

Dumb USPS.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 7:05:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
I agree, but it isn''t just the US Postal service. I ordered something and it is shipped through UPS. It arrived in my city Friday according to the tracking website and it is still in Transit to my house since Saturday morning. I am wondering if it needs to get a view of the whole city before it makes it to my house
20.gif
Well, Skippy, if it''s never been to your state before, OF COURSE it needs a tour. Wouldn''t you want a tour of a place you''ve never been?
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH - USPS tracking is the WORST. I''ve only had things show up on the tracking site AFTER they''ve been delivered. It''s more like delivery confirmation, not tracking at ALL. UPS is much better when it comes to that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 8:15:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
UGH - USPS tracking is the WORST. I''ve only had things show up on the tracking site AFTER they''ve been delivered. It''s more like delivery confirmation, not tracking at ALL. UPS is much better when it comes to that.
Exactly.
20.gif

I agree, it''s lame.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 8:15:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Absolutely true!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been waiting for a package from Hayden Harnett which USPS claims left the US on 21 July. Well, it''s now 7 August and I''m still waiting!
14.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 7:21:20 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 8/6/2007 7:05:20 PM
Author: Skippy123
I agree, but it isn't just the US Postal service. I ordered something and it is shipped through UPS. It arrived in my city Friday according to the tracking website and it is still in Transit to my house since Saturday morning. I am wondering if it needs to get a view of the whole city before it makes it to my house
20.gif
Well, Skippy, if it's never been to your state before, OF COURSE it needs a tour. Wouldn't you want a tour of a place you've never been?
9.gif
LOL, you crack me up. hehehe
I am crossing my fingers my box arrives today.

DiaDiva, that is awful; I hope it gets to you soon
15.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Their delivery confirmation leaves a lot to be desired also. I sent my ring back to Whiteflash (to have the prongs checked out). Whiteflash e-mailed me when they received the ring, on a Tuesday. USPS e-mailed me the next Saturday with the delivery confirmation information. 4 days later???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results