shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do I get orbs in my photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else have this problem? I often get these blue orbs in my photos. Randomly. Sometimes if I take a few photos at exactly the same time, some won''t have them and some will. Same lighting, same situation.

I took some great photos yesterday when we were at our friends home for Thanksgiving. I went through the photos last night and I did not notice any of these orbs. This morning I was reviewing them and it seems like a few popped up that I had not noticed.

What is the deal with them? How can I prevent them in my photos. Is it a lighting issue? If thats the case, I don''t understand why they are in some photos and not others in ideal lighting.

On occasions, I have some photos where they are all over the place, like tons of tiny orbs. Other times, its a few bigger ones or even one larger one. Just sort of there. usually glowing bluish.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am guessing it is the lights. Is this a digital camera?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
eeek! ghosts!

ETA: I'm glad my 1,000th post was such a meaningful and helpful one! lol

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
glare off the lens coating.
Some cameras/lens are worse than others but all do it too some extent.
If there is a bright light shining towards you it can cause it.
Sometimes strong overhead light can also do it in which case a lens hood will help or just a hand over the top of the lens blocking the light.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it is digital. And come to think of it, I tend to get more orbs with digital than I use to with film.

I have heard the ghost thing before but seriously doubt that theory.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
When my moms sees them in pictures that I am in as well she always says that it is my pappy (her dad) looking over me. Bless her heart, I love her.
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results