shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do dogs eat... you know what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dog doesn''t eat poo, and neither has any dog I''ve ever known.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, given that it''s your dog I''m not surprised. You''re so polite, I can''t imagine your dog being so uncouth.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 5:50:24 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Date: 2/25/2010 4:14:47 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Sorry, was it the cigar comment?
27.gif

Actually no, it was the ''before it hits the ground'' comment
14.gif

That would be me then. I apologize
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:29:40 PM
Haven, given that it's your dog I'm not surprised. You're so polite, I can't imagine your dog being so uncouth.

Ok, this made me giggle!

Hang on a minute! My puppy did it. What does that say about me!
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 7:28:07 PM
Author: Haven
My dog doesn't eat poo, and neither has any dog I've ever known.

Do you even walk in and he has a big grin?
Well, he could be enjoying little secret snacks.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I didn't realize poo eating was so common. Both of my dogs hate poop. I mean really hate it. If either of them get a whif of it, they turn in a different direction and watch where they step. I've stepped in dog poop plenty of times at the dog park but the boys? Pretty much never.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah-HA! I always knew we were kindred spirits Maisie!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:52:05 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I didn''t realize poo eating was so common. Both of my dogs hate poop. I mean really hate it. If either of them get a whif of it, they turn in a different direction and watch where they step. I''ve stepped in dog poop plenty of times at the dog park but the boys? Pretty much never.

Your boys are like Haven''s dog, too refined for poop eating. D.O.G. though? Not so much. Well, you''ve met him, he''s a goofy kinda guy.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:56:58 PM
Ah-HA! I always knew we were kindred spirits Maisie!!!

9.gif
26.gif
31.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
HH - Cigar comment - priceless!

My pup now doesn''t eat poo *phew* BUT she does sometimes try and roll in it when she finds it outside
38.gif

Our old guy used to eat the cat litter surprises as if the litter box was a buffet set up just for him.

My friends pug LOVES to snack on lawn cakes. It is a little gross when he finds a jumbo sized cake because those wrinkes really store the stuff!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My parents'' dog loooooves his poop.
20.gif
My mom has tried everything to get him to stop, including some fancy pill to make his poo smell unappetizing. He must be really gross, because even that doesn''t stop him. His fave are poopsicles!
3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 8:12:56 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
HH - Cigar comment - priceless!

My pup now doesn''t eat poo *phew* BUT she does sometimes try and roll in it when she finds it outside
38.gif

Our old guy used to eat the cat litter surprises as if the litter box was a buffet set up just for him.

My friends pug LOVES to snack on lawn cakes. It is a little gross when he finds a jumbo sized cake because those wrinkes really store the stuff!

I''m not sure I dare ask what a lawn cake is!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha lawn cakes!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 8:17:09 PM
hahaha lawn cakes!

Why does it not surprise me that you know what they are?
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3.5 y/o beagle and she has always been a poo-eater. She's super cute and sweet but that is the one thing about her that makes her a bit unattractive and really disgusting. When I let her off-leash on my parents' property she inevitably comes back from one of the pastures with both sides of her neck COVERED in muck. It could be cow poo, deer poo, horse poo, dog poo, any kind of poo, you name it, she finds it and wants to be one with it. I come prepared with wipes in the winter and take her home and bathe her in the master tub (which I don't use), and in the summer she gets hosed down with doggy shampoo outside after she does it. The pros of letting her run to her heart's content unencumbered far outweigh the cons of me having to bathe her and she actually likes baths, so...eh. She's a poo fanatic.
14.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I am a standard poodle person. We have always had dogs; we went from Boston Terriers to the Standard Poodle seven years ago.
I have never had a dog when I was a child or an adult who had this problem.

However, my SIL has two Cairns that do this. She thinks it was something like a puppy mill situation. Think her vet told her this caused it. The dogs are crowded, so they learn to cope this way. I'm not saying this is always the situation, but this is what caused the problem with her dogs.

Hopefully, some of our vets will explain this better.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 8:18:51 PM
Author: Maisie

hahaha lawn cakes!

9.gif

Because you know I have the maturity level of an 8 year old boy?

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

hahaha lawn cakes!

9.gif
Tee-hee it''s the nickname DH and I have given to poo that has been left behind. We started calling poo that when I would take our friend''s little boy out for walks with us. Rather than yell out "what out for the crap/sh*t/poo" we started calling them lawn cakes - it always makes him crack up and it stops him from saying poop over and over. For awhile it was one of his favorite words - we had to work around it.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Bunnies eat you-know-what. On purpose. It''s part of their digestive process.

It''s also gross.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson Hawk - your dog''s cigar habits have me rolling!!!

My dog used it eat it, but even worse, when we would take her for walks, she would find a nice pile (usually a "softer" one, guess she like them better) and proceed to swipe her neck all over the pile like she was putting on Chanel No5 or something. G-R-O-S-S!!!!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 4:25:58 PM
Author: puppmom
My dog grew out of this thank goodness. He still eats rabbit poo though...yuck! He''s allergic to everything under the sun so his dog food is rabbit and potato and we sometimes wonder if that''s why he still has an affinity for rabbit poo.
emotion-41.gif
I''m pretty sure all dogs love rabbit poo for some reason
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:36:02 PM
Author: luvmyhalo

My dog used it eat it, but even worse, when we would take her for walks, she would find a nice pile (usually a ''softer'' one, guess she like them better) and proceed to swipe her neck all over the pile like she was putting on Chanel No5 or something. G-R-O-S-S!!!!!
Ewww. Was she a lab? I''ve known so many very disgusting labs who will roll in anything - the stinkier the better!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
My friend''s dog, right after they brought him home from the shelter, immediately started to eat his own poop right after, erm, depositing it on the lawn. They promptly took him inside and brushed his teeth. The poor thing was traumatized, but he never did it again!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Chanel No5 ...

It''s called Manu No.2.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
If you''re talking about rolling in it, Louie will roll in anything,especially dead fish.

He''ll roll in any critter poop and loves finding deer parts hunters leave in the woods. One time he came running at me with something that had a bouncing ball on either side.

Yep, it was. Greatest dog toy ever mom!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:45:16 PM
Author: elrohwen

My dog used it eat it, but even worse, when we would take her for walks, she would find a nice pile (usually a ''softer'' one, guess she like them better) and proceed to swipe her neck all over the pile like she was putting on Chanel No5 or something. G-R-O-S-S!!!!!
Ewww. Was she a lab? I''ve known so many very disgusting labs who will roll in anything - the stinkier the better!
She''s a Boxer. She hasn''t done it in a while, THANK GOODNESS!!! Sooo gross!!!

Kenny - Manu No2....Hilarious!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My papillon loves to do this, so we started feeding all of the dogs canned pumpkin. Apparently it tastes really great going in, but not so great coming out. This stopped the problem right away.

I''m not sure what you do for cats though as they are notoriously picky eaters. I can''t see them appreciating pumpkin or any additive to their food!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:29:40 PM
Haven, given that it's your dog I'm not surprised. You're so polite, I can't imagine your dog being so uncouth.
Ha! That's funny. Too bad it isn't true, she *never* excuses herself after pooting around company. So rude.

Seriously, though, none of our family dogs were ever poo eaters, and Bailee isn't either. We keep the litter boxes in rooms that are not accessible to the pup, though. Perhaps she would help herself if she could. We walk her three times a day and while she is very interested in sniffing poo, she's never been interested in eating it. YUCK!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 8:22:32 PM

hahaha lawn cakes!

9.gif

Because you know I have the maturity level of an 8 year old boy?
Yes. Which is fabulous because so do I.
dancing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results