shape
carat
color
clarity

Who''s your favorite talking head?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I asked in another thread, but figured I''d start a new one to get a larger response.

As I said before, I really like Glenn Beck. He just makes so much sense to me! I find I agree with him a lot.
21.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite guy is mostly on the radio (96.9 in Boston), but I think he might consult on some of cable news channels as well. His name is Jay Sevrin. While I don''t always agree with his views, he''s very honest and open with his opinions which I find very refreshing. He''s not afraid to put people in their place, regardless of which side of the fence they sit on. He can be a little radical sometimes, but he''s very charismatic and he draws the listener in. I''ve now got FI and his colleagues addicted to the show.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Larry Kudlow, Bill O'Reilly, Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan (mostly for laughs)

I despise Matthews and Olbermann

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had a bit of a crush on Chris Matthews - that accent just gets me
face6.gif
But lately I''ve been enjoying Glen Beck, as well.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 7:01:46 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
My favorite guy is mostly on the radio (96.9 in Boston), but I think he might consult on some of cable news channels as well. His name is Jay Sevrin. While I don''t always agree with his views, he''s very honest and open with his opinions which I find very refreshing. He''s not afraid to put people in their place, regardless of which side of the fence they sit on. He can be a little radical sometimes, but he''s very charismatic and he draws the listener in. I''ve now got FI and his colleagues addicted to the show.
I love Jay Sevrin too! Totally great voice.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Do John Stewart and Stephen Colbert count? They are the ones I watch most often.
9.gif

We also catch Real Time with Bill Maher every Friday night. (Well, more accurately we usually download it and watch it over the weekend because we don't have a TV)

ETA: As far as actual news people, I <3 Keith Olbermann, controversial though he may be. I also really like Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Pat Buchanan and the rest of that ilk make me want to bash my head against a wall repeatedly.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really have a favorite but I definitely have a few non-favorites.
1.gif
I know that Glen Beck doesn''t fully buy into global warming caused by humans though (like Palin).

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I like Savage--his wackiness is often entertaining and he''s on in Boston in the evenings, so D and I listen to him to and from the rock gym. Funny stuff!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:55:00 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I like Savage--his wackiness is often entertaining and he's on in Boston in the evenings, so D and I listen to him to and from the rock gym. Funny stuff!

OMG--I love Dan Savage!!! He's on Bill Maher every couple of weeks and he is always so spot on. Do you ever read his column "Savage Love"?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:47:03 PM
Author: ladypirate
Do John Stewart and Stephen Colbert count? They are the ones I watch most often.
9.gif
I was thinking of them too!!! LOL I have a HUGE crush on John Stewart. hehe
30.gif
9.gif
Also, it is easier to stomach politics when I listen to them.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:04:11 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 9/11/2008 7:01:46 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I love Jay Sevrin too! Totally great voice.
Have you ever seen him? His hair reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:58:27 PM
Author: ladypirate

Date: 9/11/2008 2:55:00 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I like Savage--his wackiness is often entertaining and he''s on in Boston in the evenings, so D and I listen to him to and from the rock gym. Funny stuff!

OMG--I love Dan Savage!!! He''s on Bill Maher every couple of weeks and he is always so spot on. Do you ever read his column ''Savage Love''?
Oops, should have clarified...Micheal Savage.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:03:38 PM
Author: vespergirl
I''ve always had a bit of a crush on Chris Matthews - that accent just gets me
face6.gif
But lately I''ve been enjoying Glen Beck, as well.
Me too - I have his birthday on my calendar and I own all of his books. I don''t watch tv as much as I used to, though. I also like Glen Beck''s show.

On the radio, I listen to Doug McIntyre in the morning, Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio, and Larry Elder.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:50:43 PM
Author: IndyGirl22
1.gif
I know that Glen Beck doesn''t fully buy into global warming caused by humans though (like Palin).
http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Glenn Beck......watching his show is a nightly ritual for me. Most of his opinons and commentary are what I believe and make sense to me. I often enjoy political incorrectness to keep things humorous.

Has anyone read his books? I have not, just wondering if you liked them or not.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 4:33:24 PM
Author: LAJennifer

1.gif
I don''t get the link...
33.gif
I don''t know how I feel about global warming because I don''t think I have enough information to fully understand it, but I definitely think humans have at least some part in causing it and can do things to slow/stop it. I read in Beck''s bio that he doesn''t think this way...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like Bill O''Reilly. Actually I don''t like him. Even though I think he''s rude, arrogant and he gets on his soapbox a lot, he does make a lot of points that make sense to me. Trust me, I grudgingly admit that. Don''t tell my hubby because I complain the whole time he''s watching.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ooo--almost forgot Anderson Cooper! Love that guy. The whole "boo" exchange with Donna Brazil a few months ago had me giggling for days!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 9:40:24 PM

Date: 9/11/2008 4:33:24 PM

I don't really have a favorite but I definitely have a few non-favorites.
1.gif
I know that Glen Beck doesn't fully buy into global warming caused by humans though (like Palin).
I don't get the link...
33.gif
I don't know how I feel about global warming because I don't think I have enough information to fully understand it, but I definitely think humans have at least some part in causing it and can do things to slow/stop it. I read in Beck's bio that he doesn't think this way...

I encourage you to browse the site - there are a lot of links to articles and studies that you will never find in mainstream media. Also a lot of fun stuff regarding technology, science, news, weather, etc. He has an interesting project going on where he is doing a hands on site survey to photograph and document all 1221 USHCN (United States Historical Climate Network as defined by the National Climatic Data Center) climate stations in the USA - because no photographic database of these stations existed. His findings certainly raise an eyebrow about how data is collected.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 1:43:32 AM
I encourage you to browse the site - there are a lot of links to articles and studies that you will never find in mainstream media. Also a lot of fun stuff regarding technology, science, news, weather, etc. He has an interesting project going on where he is doing a hands on site survey to photograph and document all 1221 USHCN (United States Historical Climate Network as defined by the National Climatic Data Center) climate stations in the USA - because no photographic database of these stations existed. His findings certainly raise an eyebrow about how data is collected.
**Threadjack** Oh okay, I went to it but I thought you were trying to point me to one article and when I saw a bunch of links I was confused. I wish I had more time to do research on interesting topics such as global warming, drilling, energy crisis, etc., etc. but law school has sucked the life out of me!
20.gif
I''ll bookmark it and try to peruse this weekend. Thanks!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Anderson Cooper or Dan Abrams.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
A little bit off topic, but did anyone see Glenn Beck today? It is pretty sad that conservatives in Hollywood have to hide their viewpoints in order not to be "blacklisted" like jon Voight. I am definitely going to see "An American Carol" and watch the liberals get satirized for once!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m an Anderson Cooper fan, but John Stewart just makes my little heart go pitter-patter!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 6:52:32 PM
Author: Sabine
I'm an Anderson Cooper fan, but John Stewart just makes my little heart go pitter-patter!
LOL, I am glad I am not the only one
9.gif
30.gif
31.gif
I like Anderson Cooper too! hehe

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 12:23:58 AM
A little bit off topic, but did anyone see Glenn Beck today? It is pretty sad that conservatives in Hollywood have to hide their viewpoints in order not to be ''blacklisted'' like jon Voight. I am definitely going to see ''An American Carol'' and watch the liberals get satirized for once!
36.gif
Ya, I saw that too Indy......its pretty sad when in a free country, you have to be a closet conservative in order to keep getting work!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My favorite talking head: anyone who has not jumped on the ''Obama as the coming Messiah'' bandwagon. And there are far too few.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 6:41:45 PM
Author: HollyS
My favorite talking head: anyone who has not jumped on the ''Obama as the coming Messiah'' bandwagon. And there are far too few.
LOL.....

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I like Beck, too. Just recently started listening to him, but for the most part, I like the guy and what he says makes sense and I always crack up when he says, "And here''s how I got there." Don''t know why that''s funny, but it is.

Plus, he had Ron Paul on his show when no one else out there would. He rocks!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 6:41:45 PM
Author: HollyS
LOL Holly! Ditto here...even if Obama is elected & enacts 1/2 of what he promises people will be disappointed because of all the hype that has been built around him as the great savior of the USA. Will I vote with an optimistic outlook for our country? Yes, but I definitely don''t put my fate in the hands of one person, be it Obama or McCain, and expect miracles through anyone''s actions but my own.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results