shape
carat
color
clarity

Who''s weather forecast was wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is next Saturday and the forecast is showers and humid for both Friday and Saturday. Rehersal dinner is supposed to be outside not to mention we have a mountain venue...if it rains there are no views as you are basically in a cloud. I know it''s still 8 days away but it hasn''t changed since it showed up on the 10. Right now its listed at 60% chance of rain all day. What is the likelyhood it changes?

Oh and why do I worry about something I have no control over? I mean humid and rainy...could it get any worse?

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Just keep thinking positively...

I got married on 09.09.09 and the weather wasn''t looking so good. It was calling for wind and showers (80%) on the Eastern Shore, Maryland....I was basically getting anxious, then I spoke with my coordinator and she was like "it doesn''t matter what the weather is calling for, what matters is that your getting married to the man of your dreams"......that did it for me
9.gif

(btw, it turned out to be sunny, but with lots of wind)

Good Luck!! Are you getting nervous?

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
You never can predict what the weather will do or what time of the day it''ll do it. The last couple of days in ny they''ve been predicting rain and it didn''t rain a drop yesterday until 9 at night. just try to breathe and not stress. You''re going to have a wonderful day with or without humidity and rain. And, for what it''s worth, you won''t need views! everyone will be staring at you in that dress!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
In my opinion the weather can''t be predicted that far in advance and be completely accurate. I''d wait until 2-3 days before and see what they say then.

I HOPE it stays nice for your wedding. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The weather was the only thing I worried about. Because it's the only thing I didn't have control over
3.gif

From the moment the 10-day forecast on weather.com came out, they predicted rain on our wedding day. It never changed, I think there was a 70% or 80% chance of rain. I had obviously planned an outdoor wedding, but was really glad we had an indoor plan. I knew it didn't matter at all, but I was still a little bummed.

I remember waking up on my wedding day and immediately turning on the weather channel. The forecast called for the rain to start any minute. It was cloudy outside, but no rain. I went to get my mani/pedi. No rain. I went to get my hair done. No rain.

My mom called me about two hours before the ceremony start time to ask me where I wanted the tables set up: indoors or out. I didn't know what to do because they were still calling for rain, but I hadn't seen a drop. I told her to set them up outside.

An hour later, the clouds parted and we had a beautiful partly cloudy day. It was perfect--I love clouds in wedding pictures, they always looks so pretty. The clouds provided an absolutely beautiful backdrop for a sunset dinner.

The whole time weather.com was still predicting rain all evening. All that stress for nothing!

I feel like I've heard the same story 100 times: rain predictions and nothing happens. Turns out, it really does happen all the time.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep trying not to stress however I think its the weather today that is freaking me out. Its cold, windy and rainy. I really really hope its not like that. I got a cool umbrella just in case.

Oh and Marlie...thanks.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 4:11:01 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
The weather was the only thing I worried about. Because it''s the only thing I didn''t have control over
3.gif

From the moment the 10-day forecast on weather.com came out, they predicted rain on our wedding day. It never changed, I think there was a 70% or 80% chance of rain. I had obviously planned an outdoor wedding, but was really glad we had an indoor plan. I knew it didn''t matter at all, but I was still a little bummed.

I remember waking up on my wedding day and immediately turning on the weather channel. The forecast called for the rain to start any minute. It was cloudy outside, but no rain. I went to get my mani/pedi. No rain. I went to get my hair done. No rain.

My mom called me about two hours before the ceremony start time to ask me where I wanted the tables set up: indoors or out. I didn''t know what to do because they were still calling for rain, but I hadn''t seen a drop. I told her to set them up outside.

An hour later, the clouds parted and we had a beautiful partly cloudy day. It was perfect--I love clouds in wedding pictures, they always looks so pretty. The clouds provided an absolutely beautiful backdrop for a sunset dinner.

The whole time weather.com was still predicting rain all evening. All that stress for nothing!

I feel like I''ve heard the same story 100 times: rain predictions and nothing happens. Turns out, it really does happen all the time.
Wow. What an awesome story about the weather NEL. I want an outdoor wedding someday but that is my exact fear myself!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
They NEVER have any idea what the weather will be. They always change it 40 times and will prob change it the night before. I know you don''t want rain, we have an outdoor ceremony and are praying it will be sunny, but regardless you''re going to have an awesome day!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I had an outdoor venue with no indoor plan. The forecast said 80% chance of rain during the hours of my wedding. I was SO worried, as I woke up and it looked like it was going to rain... but not a drop! It was perfect. The sun even came out during the reception. So don''t stress too much!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
DF and I went to a wedding this summer...Friday night was an outdoor bbq and pool party at the family''s country club...it poured. Thunder-lightening, downpour. Sat afternoon...1 pm wedding ceremony by the lake....sunshine, blue skies not a cloud in the sky. Gorgeous weather, gorgeous ceremony and reception. So...don''t fret just yet.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I got married last July, and of course, the day we were having our garden wedding, wouldn''t you know it? It poured all freakin'' day! I probably called our reception venue about five times to triple and quadruple check the possibility of moving the ceremony inside.

People told me not to panic, and to just go with the flow, so I figured, if I was the only one worried about the weather, I was the only one missing my wedding. So I said, "whatevs, bustle the dress", went to the garden, and got hitched outside in the gray New Eng;and drizzle and humidity.

As luck would have it, the rain stopped for the three minute ceremony (seriously; it was the quickest ceremony on the JP''s record!), and as soon as we made it into the reception, the skies opened back up again and it poured cats and dogs for the rest of the night.

So just relax and keep an eye on the weather, and be sure to get a tent if you need one! :)

Good luck, and congrats on the upcoming wedding!<3

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
ugh em1 are you in the Northeast? I''m also getting married next saturday... outdoors in a garden, reception outdoors too (under a tent). I am making myself sick worrying about the weather. Our venue is just SO much more ideal in nice weather. To top it off it looks like it''s supposed to be gorgeous all week beforehand. I know it''s too soon to tell but that worries me.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the northeast too and according to the weather channel, it looks like it''s going to be partly sunny on the 19th, my wedding date as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather was predicting rain not just on my wedding day, but for a good TWO WEEKS before AND after our wedding date. I kid you not, there wasn''t a single clowd in the sky the ay we got married, and the two weeks leading as well as the three weeks post-wedding was nothing but rain. Not one single sun-shining day in the span of that month except for our wedding day!

The weather is one thing you can''t control, so don''t stress about it.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
The weather forecast is awesome right now so I''m not looking till next week. This weekend is terrible so anything would be better than it is right now.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed that the weather will improve EM1!!! The forecast is always wrong here in Melbourne, so I am hoping that your day will be sunny and perfect!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Stupid, stupid, stupid...I can''t help myself and I checked again. Back to showers for both Friday and Saturday. Its changed so much since Friday, I can only hope it is wrong and changes again.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
em1, we are definitely in the same area. Yesterday the forecast changed to be sunny on the 19th... I was in much better spirits. Today? Back to rain. Friday and Saturday.
I shouldn''t be checking this far out but I can''t help it. I just really hope it changes again now...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Jen, I was up at our venue yesterday and it was terrible weather. You couldn''t see anything as the clouds were so low. Nothing could be worse than that. I''m crossing my fingers for some visibility. We are getting married in the Catskills. Where are you getting married?

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Me too... I''ve been doing good with not checking, but FI keeps going on weather.com. Eek! I hope the weather forecast changes. I would really like my ceremony outside.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I will keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for all of you getting married next weekend. Hopefully the forecasts will change and you''ll all have beautiful, sunny days.
1.gif

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
em, I am getting married in Andover, NJ (Northwest NJ) at a place called Crossed Keys Inn. Our wedding is supposed to be outside in a garden, cocktails outdoors on a patio, and the reception is under a large tent. If it rains, it will all be done under the tent. The weather here was also awful yesterday, and I know there was a wedding going on there and all I could think about was the couple getting married there and how they were faring.

I know I took a risk planning an outdoor based wedding in NJ, but at the time (a year ago) I had this strong sense it would be gorgeous weather and wasn''t worried about it. Well, I''m definitely stressing a bit now!

Gwen, thanks for the well wishes. Keep them coming!
2.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 10:21:14 AM
Author: Jen_91909
em, I am getting married in Andover, NJ (Northwest NJ) at a place called Crossed Keys Inn. Our wedding is supposed to be outside in a garden, cocktails outdoors on a patio, and the reception is under a large tent. If it rains, it will all be done under the tent. The weather here was also awful yesterday, and I know there was a wedding going on there and all I could think about was the couple getting married there and how they were faring.

I know I took a risk planning an outdoor based wedding in NJ, but at the time (a year ago) I had this strong sense it would be gorgeous weather and wasn''t worried about it. Well, I''m definitely stressing a bit now!

Gwen, thanks for the well wishes. Keep them coming!
2.gif
Honestly, until I saw the 10 day forecast pop up I wasn''t worried about the weather at all! The last few years September has been gorgeous. I''m doing all I can to keep myself from going crazy. I guess it just shows how much of a control person I am. I worried and there is nothing I can do!!!!!!!!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Well anyone who lives in the UK will tell you that the weather over here changes by the hour. They can''t accurately predict tomorrow''s weather never mind 2 weeks time!

When my friend got married in 2007 the day started off with the worse thunderstorm I''ve ever seen (I kid you not) but an hour before the ceremony the sun came out and it was glorious sunshine for the rest of the day.

You''ll have a lovely day whatever the weather
1.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Em- I hope it stays nice and dry and sunny for you on your big day (esp. so you can get those mountain shots!)

but FWIW: Last fall I went to a wedding above the tree line in the Rocky Mountains. It was nice for the ceremony, but as the couple kissed the rain started to fall. And it turned into a terenchal downpour. It was cold and wet, and everyone was crammed inside a tent with no indoor option. Even so, everyone has a WONDERFUL time, including the couple
1.gif

As I said, I hope that your day is sunny and beautiful, but if mother nature rears her ugly head, I hope you still have a fabu time!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
www.accuweather.com

So far the best I''ve seen They are usually much more accurate than the other sources around here.
But that still doesn''t mean they are right.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
em1 - not that this will help your addiction, but noaa.gov is a pretty good resource for weather.

lots of sunshine dust for your big day, but i am sure your wedding will be fantastic no matter what! plus, eveyone will be looking at how beautiful YOU are!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My weather forecast was totally wrong. It was overcast the whole weekend but it didn''t rain a drop until we jumped in the car to drive back to our home. There were even times when weather.com was saying there was an 80% chance of rain. Keep the faith that no matter what happens it will be a gorgeous day! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that the weather people are wrong.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Ours was for our reception (Saturday). While we were in South America, we were checking the weather every night before we went to bed, and there was an 80% chance of thunderstorms. It apparently thunderstormed Sunday through Thursday, but it was sunny, 80 and beautiful for our reception. It also got cooler than was predicted in the late night, but most guests were gone by then.

ETA: And, I am guessing that you are worrying about this because everything you have control over is ready to go. Try to focus on that, because that is awesome!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results