shape
carat
color
clarity

wholsalers tooting own horn

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aron

Rough_Rock
How do we prevent wholesalers from making up posts about themselves. I noticed Shapiro Diamonds multiple posts about how great they allegedly are, most from one poster in various forums with different info, and wondered if this is consisitent. It seems like overkill to me.There are others also. I would hope to get real opinions here.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey aron
35.gif
welcome to ps!
i think the answer is fairly obvious and since you have taken the time to research your findings, i'm sure that you've come to the reasonable conclusion that out of approximately 500+ posts a day any questionable posts from the past 3years coupled with the occasional resurfacing account for a very very small portion of the activity here. if you see it differently, maybe you could post a constructive suggestion. i'm sure any reasonable recommendations would be taken into consideration by the administators!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 4:37:36 PM
Author:aron

How do we prevent wholesalers from making up posts about themselves. I noticed Shapiro Diamonds ...

Are these guys still posting ??? Such incursions are usually zapped by the forum's moderators in a matter of hours and/or get very burned (like this one).

Not sure what else is to do about them than click that 'Report this post' link in the bottom right corner of the each post.

This is pretty clear and I've seen enough being banned.

I wonder what these guys might think of the 'no self-promotion' rule around here.
31.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think you will find that the vendors here are VERY careful not to self promote. We are allowed to make helpful posts in response to questions by consumers, but not to tout ourselves or to post pictures of our products anywhere but in our galleries. We will also initiate conversations that tend to be informational about a lot of issues such as diamond cutting and cutting analysis techniques.

Frankly I think one of the strengths of this forum is the careful moderation provided by Leonid. You will find a lively discussion here of many facets of the jewelry business and facts about diamond and colored stones, but you will not find a lot of puffery by the vendors here. Shills usually get discovered pretty quickly and more than one prominent vendor has been "asked" to leave for violations such as you referenced above.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you will come and enjoy the conversations, the water is frequently warm and friendly dissagreements are not unusual.

Wink

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 7:12:49 PM
Author: Wink
I think you will find that the vendors here are VERY careful not to self promote. We are allowed to make helpful posts in response to questions by consumers, but not to tout ourselves or to post pictures of our products anywhere but in our galleries. We will also initiate conversations that tend to be informational about a lot of issues such as diamond cutting and cutting analysis techniques.

Frankly I think one of the strengths of this forum is the careful moderation provided by Leonid. You will find a lively discussion here of many facets of the jewelry business and facts about diamond and colored stones, but you will not find a lot of puffery by the vendors here. Shills usually get discovered pretty quickly and more than one prominent vendor has been ''asked'' to leave for violations such as you referenced above.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you will come and enjoy the conversations, the water is frequently warm and friendly dissagreements are not unusual.

Wink
Don''t forget Irina
36.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results