shape
carat
color
clarity

WHOA! Nasty earthquake here a couple minutes ago.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

It was at 7:16 PST.

We're in Souther California and I hate these things.
No damage or injuries, but we heard a boom, then a rumble/swaying of the house.

Last edited:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Hope no one was hurt.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you are safe Kenny. Very scary.

We had an earthquake I felt here (NYC 2011) once and I remember thinking it was exactly how I thought it would be albeit it was very low intensity. I called my dh (we were both at work) and said we just had an earthquake and he didn't believe me. But of course turns out I was right. Anyway glad you are A OK and hope no one got hurt

My aunt and uncle used to live in Carmel Ca and she told us that there were little tremors every single day to the point they couldn't take it anymore so they moved back to the NE. I mean it was just one reason but she said every single day they had little tremors. This was back in the 1970s

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

It was at 7:16 PST.

We're in Souther California and I hate these things.
No damage or injuries, but we heard a boom, then a rumble/swaying of the house.

i hate those *uc*ers Kenny
glad you ok
take care

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had one during the daytime here on the east coast several years ago. The floor under my feet was moving - so freaky! I hope you have no more of those for awhile as it is sooo unsettling!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be very unsettling especially not knowing whether there is more to come!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you're doing well @kenny earthquakes are the reason why I left California after college.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Glad you're okay!
I've only been through one, all the way up here, sometime in 2012. It was a 5 or something. Absolutely terrifying. All I remember is holding on to the island in the kitchen in shock as the entire house shook and watching my youngest, who was home with me, book it past me and right outside like her ass was on fire and her hair was catching.:lol:
Not something you'd expect around here.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That has to be nerve-wracking! My neck of the woods in Indiana is actually near two major fault lines. I’ve only felt one small quake once but it was enough to feel pretty nervous about. I’d rather deal with tornadoes—they aren’t completely predictable but based on conditions and preparedness (sirens) they are more so than earthquakes. Science says we’re overdue for a big one…yikes.

P

Petalouda

Glad it wasn’t major and everyone is ok. I’ve been in two earthquakes as a kid while in Greece. They were moderate and a nearby village had substantial damage. It’s terrifying because there’s NO warning like with a hurricane. In one of them I was standing on an elevated porch eating watermelon and I almost fell over. Thankfully the drop would have only been a couple feet. There was apparently a very mild Earthquake near me here in New York a couple weeks ago. I didn’t feel anything but several people in my neighborhood did. Didn’t realize NY had earthquakes.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Glad you're okay, @kenny. It can be stressful to live in an earthquake zone. I used to live on the west coast and experienced earthquakes. One was in the middle o the night and I thought it was a big truck rumbling down the street...

We eventually moved to central Canada (Toronto area) where I didn't think there were earthquakes. A few years ago there was a shaker in Montreal that we felt/heard in Toronto!

Now we're back on the left side of the continent although not on the coast. I think we're not around any fault lines. And happy about it, too. Well, curiosity caught me and I just learned that there are some major fault lines in my province close to where we live... :eek-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also in southern CA but didn't feel anything. So weird!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How unnerving! The only time I've experienced this type of event, was when we were in vacay in Palm Desert. Not a fan!

cheers--Sharon

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Seems there has been a few lately! We had one here in Melbourne on Sunday night as well.

Glad to hear everything is OK @kenny as they can be a bit scary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results