shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see a cute kitten??

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I bet @missy does! So the story starts off in a frustrating manner - I was at a campus event on Saturday and I walked by one of the tables and saw this kitten on it. I was perplexed and asked the students why was there a kitten on the table, a YOUNG kitten. They said they found it in the parking lot and just picked it up (insert face palm). This poor thing was probably 3 weeks old at best, but he was clean and plump. So PSA folks - if I kitten is alone but looks this good, let it be and then go and check on it if you are worried!! Chances are that mom is nearby or that she has left the baby while she hunts, or that she was in the process of moving the litter one by one. Anyway they showed me where they found it which was on the edge of a parking lot, but the VERY edge so just one foot away was greenery and a tree. IMHO they should have put the kitten there instead of picking it up and bringing it back. Anyway I put the kitten near the tree, and hoped mamma would come back. Because another thing - newborn kittens have to be fed every two hours. Anyway sadly after checking 3 times the next day, mom never came back. Luckily one of my close friends runs a rescue and agreed to take him in and nurse him back to health. So far he's doing great. I named in him Bo; I don't know why; the name just popped in my head. Then I thought to look it up and it turns out the meaning is "to live". An auspicious name then. He still isn't out of the woods, but the vet said that as long as he continues to eat his chances are good. It's been three days and he is eating well. He will be sent to a partner rescue in Ohio once he's older and hopefully adopted out from there! For the full story and more pics, here is the rescue's insta (we didn't mention the students - we didn't want to shame anyone) : https://www.instagram.com/p/CcTNN-Ml5iU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Anyway keep your fingers crossed for this little one!

Here he is when we put him back hoping mom would come. You can see how teeny he is next to my hand:

Bo.jpg

IMG_7466.jpg

My friend and her heart of gold, rescuing him. She has to feed him around the clock so it's no small task. Here he is after being fed, cuddled up to a stuffed toy:

IMG_0530.JPG
Kitty burrito after a bath:

IMG_0543.JPG

One eye open lol:

IMG_0554.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww ❤️❤️❤️ Precious!!!!
Thank you and your friend for saving Bo!!!
Praying he makes a full recovery and finds a loving home.

And thank you for sharing with us @Mreader.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust for the kitten to get well soon!

DK :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be. Still. My. Heart.

As a cat owner since my birth, they completely have my heart. Gorgeous :kiss2:

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised you could give him up! He is so cute. Thank goodness you found someone to take care of him and I'm sure he will find a good home. You do wonder what happened to him and his mamma.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A peanut!!!! Thank you for taking the time and caring!

cheers--Sharon

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised you could give him up! He is so cute. Thank goodness you found someone to take care of him and I'm sure he will find a good home. You do wonder what happened to him and his mamma.

There are many feral cats on campus so if he makes it he could have a better life in a fur-ever home :) I have two older cats so it would be tough for me to keep him. I was tempted though!

Reactions: CMN

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are many feral cats on campus so if he makes it he could have a better life in a fur-ever home :) I have two older cats so it would be tough for me to keep him. I was tempted though!

Oh, I hear you. If I could adopt every dog that I see on social media that needs a home I'd need a kennel license. But I know my limitations, and my rescue is enough for me to handle.

Reactions: CMN

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A heart greater than all the wealth in the world.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, what a sweet baby!
I hope he lives happily ever after.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh no!!!!!!!!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. Heartbreaking

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this is profoundly sad....... :(

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah sweetheart. Poor little guy! You did the right thing (after others didn’t) so I’m sad that he didn’t make it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so sorry, this is such sad news. Because of you, your friend, and the rescue Bo was able to be in a place of peace and comfort, and was surrounded by love. Thank you for being there for him. (((hugs)))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results