shape
carat
color
clarity

who read about the $20,000 diamond studs found in Land fill...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Seriously...A jewelry in Staten Island,New York searched and found her 3 carat twt diamond studs earrings in a Land Fill after an employee threw the bottle of cleaner away that the lady was soaking her earrings in...The earrings were recovered several days after being disgarded and just before the load of trash containing her jewelry was compacted and shipped out of the state.She called the find a "miracle"....Okay this begs the quaestion...Who has lost and then found inportant jewelry.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
WOW. That is some kind of miracle! I would never be that lucky. Fortunately I have never lost a piece of fine jewelry. I am knocking on wood that I never do!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if this counts, but my husband found a pair of Tiffany bracelets once.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So were these just earrings in the jeweler''s inventory or were these the jeweler''s personal earrings? I only ask because it seems like the earrings would have to be VERY sentimental to attempt to track them down in a landfill, but my impression is that these were just earrings that lived in the display case or something.

I''ve never miraculously found any of my jewelry, but have miraculously lost it...

I lost a ring D gave me when we started dating that was very sentimental to me. I did go out to the apartment complex''s dumpster to find an old bag of my trash (which I found), but my ring wasn''t there.

I also ALMOST lost my e-ring when I left it at a nail salon after getting my nails done once. It was right before the wedding and I was running errands, so I had to call them and have them hold it until I could go back later that day. It was terrifying.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
NEL,
the earrings were an anniversary gift from husband.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
When I was confirmed in sixth grade my parents gave me a silver cross. My mom spent a lot of time picking it out, she wanted one that reflected my taste. Well, I was 12, I was not the most responsible, and I lost it.

It wasn''t until I was moving to college that I found it buried in an old box. I was so, so happy! I still wear it to this day!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I was waterskiing with friends and removed a 1.5 carat solitaire, which I put in my purse. After the skiing we were driving back and stopped at a busy highway KwikTrip for gas where I used the ladies room and left my purse on the back of the toilet tank. Doh. We were about 45 minutes down the road before I realized what I''d done. We drove back, but honestly I figured that was gone for good.

Miracle of miracles, someone had not only turned in my purse, but all the cash and the diamond ring were still there
23.gif

I was amazed. Really stunned.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
At a pawn shop.

Yup a pawn shop.

My mom had given me two rings for Christmas. One in particular was the initial "M" with an angel on the side. Very pretty. I was working at my first job (fast food restaurant) and took them off to clean my hands. Then we got busy and I completely forgot to put them back on (this was the employee sink...not the outside bathroom). When I finally remembered, they were gone. Some girl at my job had taken them with her and never came back. One day I decided to go into a pawn shop because I had never been in one...and there was my ring (the other remains missing). I don''t know about "miracle" but I was def. surprised.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I think ive related this experiance on the forum but I was to recieve a valuable mens turquiose bracelet from my brother for my sixteenth birthday(1977)...but it was stolen by his best friend before i recieved it.It took 16 months of looking but found the piece in a pawn shop in wyoming...i had to pay $52.00 for the bracelet(pawned for $25.00) but it was worth it and i still wear the bracelet today.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Yes and twice! Not jewelry but the diamond from my pave set ring. I dropped it on the bathroom floor and a diamond popped out-these thing are quite small. My mom hand swept the floor until she found it! Then almost 3 months ago I took it in to get Rhodium plated and had just picked it up, got in the car to show my mom and when I looked at the ring and one diamond was gone(I believe it was the same one that popped out before)!!! I looked down and it was in the crease of the front seat where I was sitting...I am SOOO LUCKY and I check that bad boy daily for fear of losing one for good!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a beautiful bracelet my first boyfriend gave me, but I never found it again, I also lost a channel set diamond hoop earring and I never found it either
32.gif
I am no a very lucky person...I guess on a good note, my diamond wedding band went down the bathroom sink and I was able to save it...but other then that I havent lost any jewerly, knock on wood, lol

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I wish that would happen for DKS....
7.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Or The Goat''s wife. She lost not one but TWO EC diamonds in less than 6 months.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
OK OK I''ll fess up again:

LOST (a.k.a. I probably threw them out by mistake during house construction because I was too lazy to put them into the safe). DUH

1. Original ER Sapphire cluster Halo from 1987
2. Original RH wedding gift ring - 5 stone ring (5 x .30ct)

FOUND:

1. New 2.0-something round sapphire - now at Whiteflash being set (a.k.a.: UPGRADE!!
9.gif
)
2. New 3-stone "door knocker (per DH), 2ct centre RB, 2 x .5ct sidestones (gift from sweet DH)

Once the sapphire cluster ring is done WHAT WAS LOST WILL THEN HAVE BEEN FOUND

I know...call me an idiot. But, I''m ending up in pretty decent ring-shape!

LS

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
My husband bought me a pair of two-carat H, SI1 earrings, which he presented to me on our wedding day. I lost them two years ago
7.gif
. (Likely, they were victims to the plughole.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results