shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has a higher level of education, you or your spouse?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I both have the same degree, so we're even. How about in your household?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I do. DH has a BS. I have an MS. ;)) He still earns more than I do/did though.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I do. I have an MA and he has done some college. He does have an advanced POST certification which is useful in the law enforcement field.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
We are tied. He has an MS and I have an MBA. However I make more as the gov't controls his pay.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH does- MS in engineering. I have a BA and I'm a certified teacher. He makes enough that I don't have to work. :lol:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do. I have a PhD and my husband has a BMath (Honours).

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I do. I have a Masters of Science in Engineering (MSE), DH has a Bachelors of Science in Engineering (BSE).

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muh-wah!!! (Moi!)

I am a B(ad) A($$) in Philosophy with a minor in Mathematics with an MS-Eng in ECE and a JD

DH B(ull) $(hits) in CS and has a MS in CS.

I guess we're a perfect example of some people needing more education just to get through life :naughty: :errrr: :lol:
And I try not to think about all the bling that edumacation could have bought! :errrr: :nono: ;(

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a masters degree and the guy I'm currently dating is just this fall going back to school to work on his bachelor's degree.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, neither of us is highly edjumacated.

I took some classes at the local community college before we got married but don't have anything from that. I am a licensed para educator and am working towards becoming a Child Development Associate. JD graduated the police academy and is a certified police officer. At some point he may go back to school to get his degree b/c that just would be a benefit if we would ever have to move, and I may go back down the road and get my teaching degree.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has a bachelors and I have a masters plus an additional 30 credits.

I went to college right after high school and then began grad school full time 4 years later. My husband took a different approach. He waited to go back to school after HS. He got his associates and then worked on his BS while working full time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I dunno.

DH has a BSc (Chem) plus a BSc (Chem Eng), and I have a Bachelors Nursing (BN), Masters Education (MEd, thesis route) and two other diplomas--one undergrad and one Graduate. He is smarter but I worked harder! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I do.

Masters in Landscape Architecture.

Him - college diploma in Turfgrass Management (golf course super), but he earns way more than I did/do...and he's one of the wisest people I know. :saint:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
DH -- he has an MBA & I have a BA. But I'm smarter. :))

--- Laurie

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I have a BS and DH has a HSD (high school diploma... :saint: ). But he is so smart that he has a good job without the student loan debt whereas I am swimming in it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both have too much education and not enough wisdom. However, I have lost my memory and he has managed to retain his. One day he was briefing someone who had to testify before Congress and he couldn't remember the name of the station that broadcast the program, though. ;)) Luckily he was only on the phone with me. He was saying, "Not CNN...not CNBC...darn it!" and he got so frustrated that he had to go next door to ask someone in his office. He came back to the phone and said, "C-Span!"

Getting old is hell.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I do. I have two bachelors degrees and he has one. He makes a lot more than I do though lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1377031410|3506778 said:
I have a masters degree and the guy I'm currently dating is just this fall going back to school to work on his bachelor's degree.

Deejay I like your style. Date 'em young and impressionable, I say. I hope he had a nice summer vacation with you.

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh has more degrees but we are equal on years of education so I think we are equal on level of education. I did 4 years of graduate school plus a year of residency and he has an MBA which took him 2 years after college and then 3 years of law school. So we both have 5 years of education after college but he has 3 degrees and I only have 2.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1377035157|3506822 said:
We both have too much education and not enough wisdom. However, I have lost my memory and he has managed to retain his. One day he was briefing someone who had to testify before Congress and he couldn't remember the name of the station that broadcast the program, though. ;)) Luckily he was only on the phone with me. He was saying, "Not CNN...not CNBC...darn it!" and he got so frustrated that he had to go next door to ask someone in his office. He came back to the phone and said, "C-Span!"

Getting old is hell.

Deb/AGBF

LOL I hear you Deb. Only problem is I am not sure I can blame my poor memory on age. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting old (chronologically speaking that is as I still feel pretty young in my head) but my memory has never been the best. :knockout:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me. Bscn N. DH has certs & a diploma for his computer specialty but he still makes double my salary.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I do. I have a Ph.D. (piled-higher-and-deeper). Hubby has an AA degree and a BA. He says his AA degree (two-year vocational college) degree was 100 times more useful than his BA. So it goes.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1377035157|3506822 said:

Getting old is hell.

Deb/AGBF

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1377036500|3506848 said:

Deejay I like your style. Date 'em young and impressionable, I say. I hope he had a nice summer vacation with you.

Don't I wish! -- INSERT COUGAR ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR HERE!!!!

He's 48.

Signed,

Wanna Be Mrs. Robinson

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I do. We both have an RASAD (Recording Arts Specialized Associate Degree) from the school where we met, but I also have a BSW and an MSW. We are both in middle management, but I make 45% more than he does. He has been thinking of doing something different lately, as his company is not doing so well, and we just recovered from the company he worked for for 8 years going out of business 4 years ago.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1377026204|3506721 said:
I do. DH has a BS. I have an MS. ;)) He still earns more than I do/did though.
Me too!!, but I didn't have to attend college for my BS degree... :bigsmile:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both have a BS, but he has an additional year of grad school education.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do.
I have a JD.
DH may eventually get his BA, if he feels like it. He's one of those who fell through the cracks in high school. He was too smart for his classes and smarter than his teachers, was bored to death, and never graded well. And his dad was dying of cancer and no one at home noticed. He went to college but... it was too late, the die was cast and he was grieving too much from his dad's passing. He's better read than I am though, and I have a BA in English.

I do make more... but that's only for the next few years. I have hit a plateau and have no desire any more to achieve anything. I am happy with my job and this is where I am content to stay. He's still climbing and will for a while.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1377041827|3506910 said:
Dreamer_D|1377036500|3506848 said:

Don't I wish! -- INSERT COUGAR ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR HERE!!!!

He's 48.

Signed,

Wanna Be Mrs. Robinson
Here's to you Mrs. Robinson... :appl: :appl: :lol: :lol:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do. Dh has an Associates and a bunch of Certificates (that don't seem to matter) :roll: and I have my BSEd. However, he makes significantly more than I do...sigh...Darn teaching, no money in teaching; lots of money in Education, but the actual teachers...um not so much....but I do like the kids :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results