shape
carat
color
clarity

Who could make this ring?

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
To clarify, I'd probably want to make some changes to make it a bit more "wearable" as an ER. I'm mostly curious as to who you'd recommend for this very non-traditional type of custom work. I know people rave about Leon, for example, but I'm not sure if this is his cup of tea?

Ruup

Rough_Rock
Leon Mege, Mark Morrell, Maytal Hannah and Ocean Pearlman are the names which come to mind, all do handmade custom work and are all very highly regarded here. I'd give them all a call, show them what you want and see which you feel most comfortable with. Some may be uncomfortable with replicating someone elses ring but there is no harm in speaking to them and just seeing what they say. Worse case scenario is they will tell you no :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
maybe also check out bridget durnell

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think any of the named jewelers can make this piece. I would probably go with Ocean Perlman for this design although I am sure Leon can execute it as well.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
For those who don't want to click ..
Solangeazagurypartridge.jpg

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
For those who don't want to click ..

Thanks for posting the pic ;-) And thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll check around. I also have to think about how I want to modify it as I love the design and think she will too, but if it's going to be an ER, I think I need to make sure it will be wearable and not to fashion ring-ish...

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I agree this ring looks more like a fashion ring than an ering. I think maybe doing a more traditonal ring with stars integrated into the basket or hidden in the shank might be a choice. Remember this will likely be the ring that she wears every day for the rest of your lives so you might want some thing that will not go out of style or that her tastes may change.

Good luck :bigsmile:

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
the ring is different

I wouldn't bore Mark Morrell he at his page make its pretty clear that he don't want to copy someone else's work, his design are lovely.

Just tip.

Good luck

down his text: http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

Please remember that I still don't wish to copy the work of others.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Have you contacted the designer and ask if she would be willing to modify the piece for you? That's where I would start.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock
risingsun said:
Have you contacted the designer and ask if she would be willing to modify the piece for you? That's where I would start.

Have contacted the designer and the setting alone (unmodified and without a center stone) is $32k :shock:

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
dmd4ever said:
risingsun said:

Have contacted the designer and the setting alone (unmodified and without a center stone) is $32k :shock:

ok 32k for a mount is just NUTS! I really like the I tricate design of the sides but I'm not the "gaps" between the setting and the diamond from the view from the top. I think the stars nee to curve a bit more or perhaps they could meet up with a rim to bezel the diamond? I'm not a fan of copying someones artwork. Mostly because something generally gets lost in. The translation. This is a very "art" piece. Kind of punk rock meets antique. I haven't gotten that vibe from any of the suggested vendors

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The designer is a celebrity designer so it is no surprise the prices are that high. Just contact Ocean Pearlman or Leon Mege and use this ring as an inspiration to come up with your own design. Leon doesn't have a problem using someone else's designs as an inspiration as long as he thinks it is nice (he does not think most Tiffany designs are nice - this is why he never would use those).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results