shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash has done it again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Wide split shank with the all important subtle curve.

8dfgjsjgsjg.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
sunshine sparkle

6sfghsgh.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
bathroom lighting

2hgglggl.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
required flower shot

10yufyflufl.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
last one for now.... thanks for looking!

14jhfljfldhgd.JPG

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kinds remarks about my ring. This reset was a long time coming. I got engaged 11 years ago, on my 18th birthday, with a .95 L/M I1 not so great cut marquise. I have had problems with setting over the past few years (car doors are hard on erings) and have not been wearing the ring at all.

I finally convinced DH that a new setting was absolutely necessary and I live in Houston so using WF was a no brainer.

WF was amazing and I could not be happier.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice job and so contemporary! I love it!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How on earth did I miss this ring!!! This is one of the coolest settings I''ve ever seen!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks kcourselle,

I have been working on this design for a few years. I actually made a power point presentation modeled after yours for my meeting with Brian. The knife edge and the subtle curve were both last minute decisions, but they really make the ring.

The funny thing is that people ask me if it is real. I guess because it is so stunning and unique
2.gif

Does anyone else get this kind of response?

I guess I would expect it more if the stone were large. I guess its those crazy little ACA''s that draws everyone attention.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunning
36.gif
I looove the knife edge!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 6:11:43 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
It''s stunning
36.gif
I looove the knife edge!
Yeah, the curved knife edge really makes it.

The night before my design appt I ran across a pic of a oval halo with a split shank that was knife edged. I showed it to my DH and asked if he liked the knife edged or the plain flat shank better. He said knife edge, and when I asked Brian the cutter about it he said it would be the best way to go to keep it delicate looking and maintain a quality look to the ring.

The boys were obviously right!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! More handshots please!

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
That is a truly awesome reset....major applause to WF.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! My sister has a marquise ering and has thought of a reset project. Yours is sure to be an inspiration!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love it. And the lowness of the setting is amazing!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:49:05 PM
Author: Miranda
How beautiful! My sister has a marquise ering and has thought of a reset project. Yours is sure to be an inspiration!
That would be the greatest compliment.

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 7:50:37 PM
Author: *Danielle*
I absolutely love it. And the lowness of the setting is amazing!
That was one of my major requirements. I left the design of the gallery up to Brian and I am so pleased with it. The cutlet sits right above my finger. It kinda just brushes the finger. It does not dig in at all. Its very comfortable.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous! Wow, that setting is so delicate!

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 8:10:53 PM
Author: Skippy123
Gorgeous gorgeous! Wow, that setting is so delicate!
Thanks skippy!

It is really delicate. Its so light I dont really feel it when I am wearing it.

I had it made in 14k mainly for cost reasons. I could not rationalize plat for a stone that has so many flaws its almost comical.

Good thing is, I only wear jewelry Fri-Sun and never around the house.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back and say how jealous I am of your lovely slender fingers!!!!! What size is your finger?

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 8:18:50 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
I had to come back and say how jealous I am of your lovely slender fingers!!!!! What size is your finger?
The ring is a size 5, but Brian at WF would prefer me to wear a 4.5. I cant stand to have tight jewelry so i insisted on a 5. Plus I plan on having a kid next year and although its only 3/4 eternity I would like a little wiggle room.

I have freaky long skinny hands. I wear a 4.5 but my hands are as long as any 6'' tall man. The space between my knuckles is so long i can comfortably wear up to 14mm of stacked bands. I went with the wide split shank halo for the finger coverage.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
its beautiful, love the unique design
congrats

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's simply gorgeous...I love the knife-edge pave and the gentle curve, it's a perfect design for your stone! My fave pic is the flower pic. Stunning! Prepare to have people grabbing your hand all the time to get a closer look. :)

facetedjewel

Rough_Rock
That setting just made me think twice about marquis diamonds. Excellent vision to create that setting. Congrats! It''s beautiful.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out beautiful
30.gif
I love the split shank and the halo. It is gorgeous

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 1:19:59 PM
Author: facetedjewel
That setting just made me think twice about marquis diamonds. Excellent vision to create that setting. Congrats! It''s beautiful.
Unfortunately I think most people do not like marquis diamonds due to the fact that the settings that you find are either dated or simple not suited for their shape. You really have to think out of the box when setting a marquis. Its not like a round that you can plop it into any old setting and have it look great.

Think about it....the marquis that are frequently referenced on here almost always have unusual custom setting like MAChick''s gorgeous Greenlake east/west marquise.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this post? Your new WF creation for your Marquise is just stunning! I know why you were just staring at it, who couldn''t??
Congratulations!
emsmilep.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love your new pics! It looks fabulous on your hand!
36.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
The lines on this ring are exquisite. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results