shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash - awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
Just wanted to let you all know that you have totally inspired me! I emailed WF today for info on earrings, having read about hearts and arrows - you don''t hear about stuff like that where I live! Lesley Harris got back to me straight away (and it is SUNDAY) with a selection of stones to suit my budget and wish list. Went with the martini setting in white gold- can''t wait to see them. Will post pics as soon as they arrive!
Soooo excited!
A big thank you to everyone at Pricescope for all the information and expertise and for sharing it all!

Jen

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
You won't be disappointed!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re going to love them!!! Can''t wait for the pics, congrats!!! And yes Lesley is the best!!!
36.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Am so excited about this! Would never have had the confidence to buy online before I found PS.

For another project, I have an 1.10ct oval cut pendant, currently trapped in a thick, somewhat ugly bezel, on a chain that looks a bit like fusewire. I''m thinking of giving it a makeover. It probably isn''t the best stone in the world, but it is quite sparkly with nothing much in the way of a bowtie, and I think it deserves a nicer setting. I would love to see it in a halo. What do you think??

Jen

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet it would look gorgeous!!!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I bet that would look absolutely gorgeous. Are you planning to ask Lesley about a quote?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
It looks a bit odd just now. I bought it on impulse and although I like the stone, I am not loving the setting at all! I have emailed Lesley at WF to see if they could do something with it.

The more I think about it, the more I want a halo. It''s not something you often see in the UK (unless it''s a coloured centre stone with big diamonds in the halo) but I really love that delicate, sparkly halo look. Will let you know how I get on!

Jen

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mrs Mitchell, why don''t you take a picture of your pendant (neck shot?) and we''ll all see what can be done and make some photoshop simulations?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2006 5:28:06 PM
Author: Pricescope
Mrs Mitchell, why don''t you take a picture of your pendant (neck shot?) and we''ll all see what can be done and make some photoshop simulations?
Great idea. Irina can do her photoshop magic on your oval.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2006 5:28:06 PM
Author: Pricescope
Hi, thanks! I''m hoping that there is a picture attached - not a great picture because it hasn''t caught the sparkle of the oval, but gives an idea of it!

Ah, ok - no picture. I can''t make it a small enough file size to send. Any hints??

Thanks

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thanks JulieN - here it is now. Oval pendant with small rb.
Jen

ovallexmark.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
And I have no idea how I got the photo to look so odd! Sorry. WIll have to have another go later.
Jen

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I like this pendant! And the bezel does not seem thick or balky at all.
I would not touch it, but if you looking for a change we will gladly assist
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
1.gif
I go through phases of liking it, then of wanting to change it. I''m indecisive!

I don''t know what exactly it is about it that bothers me- think it might be the chain (doesn''t come off). The pendant doesn''t move freely on the chain, I think because the chain catches on the back of the rb on the bale.

I got it in a closing down sale- as I said, impulse buy! It has no cert or any info beyond carat weight, but (in my very limited experience) the oval looks like it is reasonably well cut. It''s quite a warm colour, which I just love but might not be to everyone''s taste. I could see a few inclusions under a loupe, nothing major and I can''t see them at all without a loupe. Rb doesn''t have much sparkle though. Price was an absolute steal, even taking all that into account, so I wouldn''t grudge giving it a little sparkly halo or something!

Suggestions for me to dither over gratefully received!
Jen

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Just a couple variations of DBTY theme, top one for your "halo" desire, another one - using bezels as is, just add one more round and changing a chain.

MMDBTY.jpg

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Love them both - thanks for this. Think I''ll go with the halo, it looks amazing! Might have to wait until after Christmas now, but I''ll post pics when it''s done.

Jen

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Don''t touch it! I acutally love it! And the chain looks like a wheat chain to me. I bought a platinum wheat chain to wear a solitaire from my grandma.

But I love the way it looks now. I don''t think its bulky looking at all!

Enjoy your new studs :)

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Mitchell , I really love it
how about only change the chain?and longer chain ?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi, and thanks for nice comments about it - think I will leave it alone. It doesn''t detatch from the chain, I will get the chain extended or replaced with a longer one. That would probably make quite a difference.
Ascherisme - would love to see pics of your solitaire & wheat chain.
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results