carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash (and others ) Vs. Costco

Daikon

Rough_Rock
E B said:
Daikon|1415319102|3778877 said:

I think this would be my pick. It's cheapest and will be a beautiful diamond.

Thank you E B,

What do you think of the first one I posted an ideal scope image of?

Gypsy said:
The idealscopes are all showing a bit of leakage. But within acceptable tolerances with respect to 1 and 2.

I would probably prefer 1 myself.

Thank you AGAIN Gypsy! You continue to be a help and I do appreciate it!

Since my last post, I have tried to read up on idealscope images and and light return specifically ( including several long posts by you) and I do see what you mean about the light leakage, especially at the table.

The problem is, I have not been able to figure out how bad it is. It is still a bit of an abstract concept to me. Even though I can now pick it out on an idealscope, I do not know in practicality what it would mean on a ring.

I also know that I can continue to pay more and get a better diamond and that getting in that cycle would be a never ending quest. What I would like to know is for the money, is that first one a keeper or should I keep looking?

To my novice eye, it seems that according to the ideal scope reference chart that stone is somewhere between excellent and very good, however, like I said, I do not know what that translates to and also if that is what I should expect in this price range or not. It seems to me, that the WF ones I posted about last night, even though they were ACA had similar idealscope images in regards to light leakage. In fact, looking at them again, it seems that the only one that may be a bit better in that area was the first JA from that list, but then the color drops to an I. I am not sure if that color drop is worth better light return or If the leaked is slight enough that it is not.

I also am very aware that I am very new to all this and if I am dead wrong in anything I stated, please feel free to correct me!

As always any wisdom would be apreaciated! :D

-D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results