shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash and Asshers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisher

Rough_Rock
I am about ready to pull the trigger and purchase a 2+ Asscher-style / square cut emerald for my fantastic girlfriend of many years. I''ve read good reviews of Whiteflash and was wondering who from there any of you pros might recommend working with? I live near Houston.

I know the basics of what to look for, but there are always trade-offs that must be weighed since, like most people, I don''t have unlimited funds. I just want to work with someone who will provide expertise, honest opinions and analysis, and overall, help me choose the best rock I can afford. Also, I will need someone to construct the setting and side diamonds. Any opinions on Whiteflash''s abilities in the setting/ring construction arena?

Lastly, if any of you asscher pros have run across exceptional specimens lately, I''d appreciate hearing about them. I assume I could have Whiteflash bring them in and appraise/evaluate them for me.
Thanks in advance for you help.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi..

I personally and working with Denise from Wf....she is FABULOUS! Very nice and helpful...but from what I have read...anyone there will be just great!

Good Luck and Congrats!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF has brought in some nice asschers iv been less than impressed with most of the ones they have in stock.
Out of 3 I know of they brought in recently for people one was a dog and 2 were nice.
If you have them bring one in post pictures on the forum and ill help you out.
www.goodoldgold.com also has a source for some real nice asschers.
If I was buying it would be from one of those two.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second that, take a look at GOG also.
2.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Yup, Kaleigh purchased a beautiful asscher from GOG, it''s a stunner!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... I don't see any stones like that on the WF site but there allot on their list waiting to be called in. One like THIS I would like to see if it turns out to have a nicely higher crown.

Assuming a smaller table should come in with higher crown and nicer sparkle ('scintillation' if I got my dictionary right
20.gif
) maybe this sounds somewhat better.

This E-VS2 sounds like quite a task in comparison. H-VS1 less so by a few $k.

But all in all I feel foolish looking at database listings instead of diamonds or at least pictures of some.
40.gif

No secret there though - there are only that many database checks and I was looking for: 'Asscher shape, 2–2.5 cts, E–G color, VS1–VS2 clarity, 58–70% depth, 40–60% table, GIA certified' . Why these numbers? because I can't see those diamonds, that's why
2.gif
There is really nothing deeper than this about one % point up and down here and there - not that I know of, at least.

You could also look up the AGA charts for emerald cuts if you want further refference about the same poor numbers.

If you can call in a counple of stones at WF, the trip sounds like quite a nice experience, judging from Mara's stories
9.gif
(she's been there - take a look on her thread about it on the 'Hangout' forum).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results