shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash ACA with old AGS cert.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a stone from Whiteflash, part of the A Cut Above collection...and the AGS certificate for it is from January 2005. I''ve never seen one with a date that old on their site before. Does that mean something''s probably not right with it or what?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
is it high color/clarity? those tend to hang around longer.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That doesn''t seem THAT old. A little over a year.

It''s possible that someone bought the diamond and upgraded it within the year too.
1.gif

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Here''s a link!

It looks A-OK to me...the upgrade thing is a good point, I hadn''t thought about that.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe WF re-certs stones that is sent back to them as part of an upgrade or trade-in, so I don''t think that would be an upgraded stone.

Chances are it has just not been sold. Doesn''t mean anything is wrong with it but inventory drives sales, maybe it''s just not a desirable color/clarity mix or size etc. Some stones have been on their site for a long time. One of them we looked at last September and it had been on there since spring of 2005 and it''s still on there now.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 1:29:12 PM
Author: youjane1
Here''s a link!

It looks A-OK to me...the upgrade thing is a good point, I hadn''t thought about that.
Hi YJ,

Actually, when a diamond is returned for trade-up we send it back to the lab for re-grading and a fresh document, so any such ACA would have a new DQD. Inventory in that size rotates a lot. This diamond has just been waiting patiently for a home.

Best regards,

youjane1

Rough_Rock
the ideal scope looks a bit funky though...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 2:29:00 PM
Author: youjane1
the ideal scope looks a bit funky though...
is almost perfect funky?
33.gif

that IS looks great!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly, that stone''s a WOW, a KNOCKOUT! I would imagine that the reason that stone didn''t sell so quickly is many people aren''t looking to spend nearly $9K on a 1.10 carat stone, but that stone is worth the price of admissision, IMHO..........

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Yeah I guess some of the arrow shafts looked a little asymmetric to me, maybe it''s just at a slight angle or something, or maybe I''m crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results