shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash 5 stone almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My Whiteflash custom 5 stone band is DONE! Hubby is going to pick it up for me tomorrow while I''m at class and drop it off to me between my classes. LOL!

Here''s the story. As many of you know, I purchased Whiteflash''s gorgeous 2cttw bangle bracelet, but returned it because I don''t think I would have worn it enough, especially since I live in New England and wear long sleeves a lot of the year, and wouldn''t be able to wear it to work. I decided that I wanted a 5 stone diamond band instead. I first thought I''d like the 1.00cttw band, then the 1.25cttw band, and back again. I even started a thread about the size difference and if the increase in price was worth the extra .25carats. Lesley sent me a hand pic but then I decided I wanted something different than the setting on WF''s site...it just didn''t appeal to me.

Enter Kcoursolle''s stunning 5 stone band.
30.gif
I have loved that ring ever since she first posted it, but never thinking I would own something similiar to it. I got a quote from Whiteflash and was pleasantly surprised with the amount! I modified the design slightly because I wanted my diamonds to sit a bit higher than K''s so I could see more of the stones.

My ring is platinum, size 5 with 4 ACA''s and 1 ES, and each stone is about .33ct, with three H''s, and two I''s. I''ve gone from .20''s to .25''s, back to .20''s and finally to .33''s! LOL! There''s one thing about the WF pictures that I''m unsure about, and that''s the width of the shank. I wasn''t expecting it to be that wide, but I''m waiting to see how it feels and looks. I would imagine that WF can make the shank a bit thinner with no problem if need be. I am in absolute LOVE with the profile shot!
3.gif

I have to give a HUGE shoutout to Lesley!!! I dealt with her from the beginning and she was simply fabulous! She was so patient and friendly with my 34563452 emails and questions. Lesley, if you are reading this...Love you long time!!
9.gif
35.gif

Here are the diamonds:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=540790,540835,116823,540831
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-540921.htm

5stoneWF.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the CAD drawings with very scary prongs LOL!!

CAD0130a.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the pictures from WF. I think the band might be a little uncomfortable due to the width, but maybe not. We''ll see!

wfring0212.jpg

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
And finally the most gorgeous picture! I love the profile!
30.gif

wfringa0212f.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orbaya, it is stunning! I rather like the thickness of the shank, but you will know very soon for sure! Do you plan to wear it solo or with an e-ring?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 10:01:22 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Orbaya, it is stunning! I rather like the thickness of the shank, but you will know very soon for sure! Do you plan to wear it solo or with an e-ring?
Thanks! I will wear it alone for a while, and perhaps pair with something else later on. I think it's pretty much going to be a stand-alone ring....but I'm not ruling out options though!
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Congrats! I can''t wait to see your hand shots ... that baby is going to be incredible1
Love, love, love the profile shot!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo Orbaya, that ring is gorgeous! I''m so excited to see it on your hand! Glad you went with the .33 stones
31.gif
I really like the thicker band too--it really works with the size of the stones. Definitely a stand alone ring! ooo that side shot!
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwy!!!! Gorgeous!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I hated that the Whiteflash bangle didn't work out for you, but I understand where you are coming from. I think this ring is certainly a stunning alternative and you'll most likely get more use out of it. I can't wait to see hand shots when you receive this beauty!!! That side profile is amazing.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 10:54:01 PM
Author: Sundial
I hated that the Whiteflash bangle didn''t work out for you, but I understand where you are coming from. I think this ring is certainly a stunning alternative and you''ll most likely get more use out of it. I can''t wait to see hand shots when you receive this beauty!!! That side profile is amazing.
I hated that the bangle didn''t work out for me too, but as you said, I''ll get more use out of this. It''s amazing how I managed to up the budget...originally it was $1500, then I snuck it up to $2300 for the bangle, and now a fairly substantial jump to this ring! How PS of me! LOL!

I have class from 9:30-3:30 tomorrow so hubby offered (I didn''t even ask!) to drive the half hour to the Fedex station and bring the ring to school inbetween classes for me! I had Whiteflash put hubby''s name on the shipping label too so either one of us could pick it up. Can''t wait!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Orbaya, can''t wait for the hand pics!!! It''s stunning!!
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning!! I''m collecting OEC stones that range from 4.0-4.6mm. This setting would be wonderful as an option for them. I can''t wait to see the handshots.

I''d also love to hear details on the setting: how wide is the shank, what ring size do you wear, etc.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, it's going to be a stunner!!! I can't wait to see your hand pics!!!!! I absolutely love the profile, it's what attracted me to this style in the first place.

I agree with you a little bit about the width though, it definitely looks quite a bit wider than my band. I had to ask to have mine shaved down a little more than they originally made it. I doubt it will be uncomfortable though and it will look pretty much the same once it's on your finger. It would be an easy change for them to shave it down though if you are worried about it.

I had to laugh when you debated about going from .20's to .25's to .33's. I did the same thing. Originally I thought smaller stones and then the psers convinced me to go all out and get the .31's and I am glad I did!!! By the way, this band is going to command a lot of attention because it is very sparkly.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE it. I love the thickness of the band too!! I can''t wait to see it on your finger tomorrow.
36.gif

Linda

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
What a lovely band! I, too, seriously considered a bangle and then changed my mind----those details will greet the ps family soon
2.gif
---but I think you made a FaBuLoUs choice going with a VERY a attention commanding (as kcoursolle put it
1.gif
) band! Isn''t WF wonderful..........

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:47:59 PM
Author: orbaya
And finally the most gorgeous picture! I love the profile!
30.gif

I LOVE THIS SHOT!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I can''t wait to see handshots!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE it!!! Gorgeous!!!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 11:41:13 PM
Author: Upgradable
That is stunning!! I''m collecting OEC stones that range from 4.0-4.6mm. This setting would be wonderful as an option for them. I can''t wait to see the handshots.

I''d also love to hear details on the setting: how wide is the shank, what ring size do you wear, etc.
I wear a size 5, but I''ll have to measure the shank because I''m not really sure what the mm width is. I''ll try to get all those details in my picture thread.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 1:01:56 AM
Author: kcoursolle
Wowza, it''s going to be a stunner!!! I can''t wait to see your hand pics!!!!! I absolutely love the profile, it''s what attracted me to this style in the first place.

I agree with you a little bit about the width though, it definitely looks quite a bit wider than my band. I had to ask to have mine shaved down a little more than they originally made it. I doubt it will be uncomfortable though and it will look pretty much the same once it''s on your finger. It would be an easy change for them to shave it down though if you are worried about it.

I had to laugh when you debated about going from .20''s to .25''s to .33''s. I did the same thing. Originally I thought smaller stones and then the psers convinced me to go all out and get the .31''s and I am glad I did!!! By the way, this band is going to command a lot of attention because it is very sparkly.
I''m afraid that the band might be a little uncomfortable for my finger, but I decided to leave it as it is for now...who knows, I might love it when the ring gets "home" (which is my finger LOL!).

As far as the size of the stones, I was trying to be inexpensive, but still have nice stand-alone ring. Hubby said that if I''m going to do it, I might as well go big, so here I am with the .33''s!! I can''t wait to see just how sparkly this ring is going to be! Sparkly is a very good thing.
10.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Waiting for hand shots......Very excited!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh its beautiful!!! Can''t wait to see handshots!!! I hope its comfortable, but if not - just send it my way!!!
9.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous
30.gif
Can''t wait to see hand pics!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
GORGEOUS
30.gif

I''ll keep checking this thread for hand shots.
Take LOTS of pictures of this beauty when you get it!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks wonderful!!!

blondie

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee!!!! This is sooooo funny....I was just about to post to say that my ''kcoursolle inspired band'' is also done!!!!
36.gif
so I hope you don''t mind that I have added this to your thread....my local jeweller here in the UK has FINALLY (!) finished my 5-stone ring and I will have to wait until Saturday when we pick it up (it is for our 5-year wedding anniversary) I can''t wait until you post pics of your beauty - I am sure that it will be stunning!!!! We must thank kcoursolle of course, but also applaud the fact that we both share such exquisite taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
3.gif
Post pics sooooooooooon!!!x

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH ORBAYA! That ring is GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I have always LOVED kcourselle''s and I cannot wait to see more photos of yours! We''ll need full hand shots, close-up finger shots, all angles shots, arrows shots, flower shots, direct sunlight shots, diffused lighting shots, window sill shots.... but don''t feel pressured (much)!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 3:35:34 PM
Author: blondie
Hee hee!!!! This is sooooo funny....I was just about to post to say that my 'kcoursolle inspired band' is also done!!!!
36.gif
so I hope you don't mind that I have added this to your thread....my local jeweller here in the UK has FINALLY (!) finished my 5-stone ring and I will have to wait until Saturday when we pick it up (it is for our 5-year wedding anniversary) I can't wait until you post pics of your beauty - I am sure that it will be stunning!!!! We must thank kcoursolle of course, but also applaud the fact that we both share such exquisite taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
3.gif
Post pics sooooooooooon!!!x
And yet another one?!!
30.gif
WooHoo, blondie, see above post for requisite photos, please! You have till 5 pm Saturday...
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The photos look great! It is a beautiful size and design. Hope to see hand shots soon!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see this puppy on your paw!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results