shape
carat
color
clarity

White South Sea Studs

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
My wSS studs from PP have finally arrived and I absolutely love them! The first pair I selected actually isn't the pair I ended up with. I was looking to match the studs with some other pearls for another project and PP found these ones which had better luster and were whiter than the first pair I chose...and they were larger at 11.7mm :naughty: Thank you 4Ranch girl for showing us that PP got in new wSS pearls in your video chat :wavey:

You can see the first ones here if you scroll down a bit:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/special-order-wss-pendant-from-pp.194176/

I also got a light tent (thanks icy jade for all of your helpful posts on photographing pearls!) and had some fun trying to get some good shots of my new studs. Haha, let me say it was quite a learning experience and I have a long way to go :loopy: I have discovered that photographing white pearls is extremely tricky and does not work so well with just an iphone.

wss_box_2.jpg

wss_box_1.jpg

wss_stand.jpg

Hmmm...I think the pearls are much easier to photograph with a black background than white :ugeek:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a comparison shot with my natural white hanadama 8.6 mm studs on the left and the wSS 11.7 mm studs on the right. You can see the akoya studs are a bit creamier than the wSS.

akoya_wss_studs.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
And just for fun I thought I would show some examples of why you shouldn't use a tripod for the iphone when photographing pearls :wink2: The tripod is great though because it allows the camera to focus better on the pearls. I just have to make some sort of white sweater for it so it won't show up in the pictures :???:

tripod_wss.jpg

tripod_wss_stand.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
And with my 14 mm wSS pendant :geek:

wss_studs_pendant.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The reflection of your tripod in the pearls look like a black chromosome! "White sweater" for a tripod. We pearl peeps are crazy.

Your pearls are divine. Wear the new studs in good health!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Argh, I love those SS studs! Could you please post some earshots?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well done on the photos !! Pearls are just lovely !! Beautiful lustre !

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Now waiting to see how they look on you (hint hint). :sun:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! Ear shots please.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies :wavey: I am waiting for some earring back supports to arrive before I wear them...they should be here soon.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and substantial pearls! Can't wait to see ear shots.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Me too, waiting for ear shots... Your earrings looks delicious!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks baby monster and alice87 :wavey:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The support backs have left the building......

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1383854052|3552292 said:
The support backs have left the building......

Fantastic! Thank you so much for sending me these NacreLover :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: I really appreciate it!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
those are beautiful!! Yes- I think we need a modeling shot!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1383863727|3552363 said:
those are beautiful!! Yes- I think we need a modeling shot!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LitGeek, your new earrings are awesome! I love the size and also can't wait to see ear shots! What kind of backs are you using?

Your SS pendant looks amazing, too! The diamond sparkle is so pretty with the pearl :love: !

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1383927586|3552788 said:
LitGeek, your new earrings are awesome! I love the size and also can't wait to see ear shots! What kind of backs are you using?

Your SS pendant looks amazing, too! The diamond sparkle is so pretty with the pearl :love: !

Thanks baby nurse :wavey:

I am not sure what supports NacreLover is sending me, but I am certain they will work wonderfully as she sure knows her jewelry :wink2: She is awfully sweet for sending these to me :twirl: I will post a pic of the supports (and ear shots) when I receive them.

I can't rave enough about the setting on my pendant and it does sparkle like mad! I hope to get a nice 24" necklace soon to wear it on with sweaters and t-necks this winter.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you explained this elsewhere, but where did you find that diamond setting for your SS? I've looked through PP's pendants and I don't see it.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: those earrings

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1383938350|3552890 said:
I'm sure you explained this elsewhere, but where did you find that diamond setting for your SS? I've looked through PP's pendants and I don't see it.

PP special ordered the pendant setting from Stuller. I am sure if you emailed PP with a photo of it they would do the same for you :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1383939483|3552909 said:
LitGeek :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: those earrings

Thank you :wavey: I wore them out last night and was so surprised at how comfortable they were! When I had tried them on they drooped without the supports so I was kind afraid to wear them thinking they would be very uncomfortable. They looked fabulous with my oversized black turtleneck wool sweater...they were WOW enough on their own and the only other jewelry I wore was my diamond wedding ring set. I just know these are going to get tons of wear :twirl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Picture, please...!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1384006796|3553355 said:

PP special ordered the pendant setting from Stuller. I am sure if you emailed PP with a photo of it they would do the same for you :))
LitGeek if the pendent was customized especially for you Jeremy probably would not copy it with out your express approval.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1384028307|3553490 said:
LitGeek|1384006796|3553355 said:

LitGeek if the pendent was customized especially for you Jeremy probably would not copy it with out your express approval.

How cool is Jeremy 8-) For baby nurse I would definitely give my approval. Thanks for letting me know 4RG! Baby nurse just let me know and I will send Jeremy an email with the pendant photo.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here is a quick photo...this is without the earring supports so they are a little droopy :wink2:

ear_wss_stud_4_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ear shot. Those white South Seas are indeed Wow! Amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results