shape
carat
color
clarity

White South Sea Necklace:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My Ruckus WSS necklace arrived yesterday!

12 to 14.5 mm and 18 inches long with WG and diamond equestrian clasp:

wss_clasp_close-up.jpg

wss_equestrian_clasp_front.jpg

wss_close-up.jpg

wss_necklace_1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
A couple more shots:

wss.jpg

wss_2.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is one stunning strand because I saw it in person. The equestrian clasp goes well with the pearls. I am sure you'll reach for this strand a lot. Enjoy!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's stunning :love: And it's great that you can wear it 2 ways with clasp in front or behind. I just realised something about length from your photo. You have a slender neck and the length looks more like 16.5-17 inches on you when the neck is so slender. Yet you stated 18 inches. Do pearl necklaces appear shorter when worn? I assume it's due to pearl thickness (yours being 14 mm) thus taking up more space and hence shortening the length when worn. I assume 18 inch 5 mm pearls will look longer on the neck than 18 inch 14 mm pearls. Do you know how long 18 inch 7.5-8 mm pearls will appear on the neck? And when we say 18 inch, does it refer to pearl length only or pearl length along with the clasp? Sorry for all the questions. I'm still new here and seem to have revelations whenever I see a new thread.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
thecat -- I'm running out of the house, so I only have time to answer one question. Yes, large mm pearls means shorter on the neck. I would normally not wear 18", I prefer 16.5", but I knew with large pearls they would fall shorter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dramatic necklace and it is perfect on you. :love: Looks amazing on your lovely neck. Wear in health and happiness. :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1407594583|3729164 said:
thecat -- I'm running out of the house, so I only have time to answer one question. Yes, large mm pearls means shorter on the neck. I would normally not wear 18", I prefer 16.5", but I knew with large pearls they would fall shorter.

Thanks for answering me despite being busy. It confirms my speculation that big pearls fall shorter when worn. It might have been obvious to others but I didn't know till I saw your photo.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
That is about the most beautiful pearl necklace I've ever seen. Wow! :love: And I love that clasp - so tasteful.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to add that the luster is excellent in real life. It's very sharp, not satiny. PS pictures do this strand no justice.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That is perfection, I love the clasp wow!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Spectacular necklace, and I love the clasp you chose for it. Thank you for taking the time to share pictures here. I really enjoy seeing what everyone has purchased, and how it looks on them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
There it is! I'm so glad that you sprung for the gorgeous necklace. I am delighted to have seen that stunner in real life, and I know it will look even better being worn.

That is a real statement piece, and I'll be interested how, as time goes on, wearing time will compare to your madamas.

By the way, I love the drape of this piece on you. I know you like short, but this looks really regal on.

I look forward to having lunch next year across from these stunners. :cheeky: :appl: :wavey:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I also thought you shortened it and got a pair of earrings too but then noticed that the length 18". Are these heavy?

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Luscious strand. The clasp is so elegant.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo, that necklace is just perfection on you. I am so glad you went for it. As lovely as it looks in pictures, IRL the luster is so incredibly sharp and amazing, not the usual satiny luster of WSS pearls. It's a bit like having the luster of high quality akoyas with the size and color of WSS -- just incredibly beautiful. :love: The clasp is gorgeous too.

I look forward to ogling this strand on your neck at the next ruckus.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
That strand of pearls is just gorgeous. The luster jumps off the screen and the clasp is perfect with it!!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! How glamorous! The clasp is perfect and the pearls are worthy of royalty!!! I'm drooling here!

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
This is so elegant. I bet this will get worn a lot.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, you guys are making me feel warm and fuzzy. Thanks for the comments!

For those of you that saw it in real life, I agree that the pearls are much more beautiful in person and that the luster is excellent and less satiny than in typical WSS pearls. My pearl pictures on PS do not post well in general, unfortunately.

I also agree that the length, to my surprise, works even though I tend to prefer shorter stands. DH thinks I should not shorten it, so for now I am wearing my diamond stud earrings. I couldn't find large WSS drops for matching earrings at PP so that is a future project. I want drops for earrings since I love drop shapes for dangles and WSS drops will match, but not be too matchy matchy.

I promise to bring it to the Ruckus next year, Fly Girl and Kay.

baby monster, I wore it all day and it was not too heavy. Hisano weighed it at 3.25 ounces, I believe. The too heavy torsade was about a quarter pound.

I was about to choose the diamond pave clasp and am glad I switched to this equestrian clasp, even though it added length.

So I am a happy camper and am so glad my pearl community can share in my pleasure.

Did one person comment on this necklace all day?

The answer would be NO!

(Except for all of you!)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
BS I am so very happy for you. The necklace is divine and looks perfect around your neck. Pictures do not due it justice. I hope you wear it next year on Saturday night for all to see. enjoy this beauty :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1407635092|3729466 said:
Awwww, you guys are making me feel warm and fuzzy. Thanks for the comments!

For those of you that saw it in real life, I agree that the pearls are much more beautiful in person and that the luster is excellent and less satiny than in typical WSS pearls. My pearl pictures on PS do not post well in general, unfortunately.

I also agree that the length, to my surprise, works even though I tend to prefer shorter stands. DH thinks I should not shorten it, so for now I am wearing my diamond stud earrings. I couldn't find large WSS drops for matching earrings at PP so that is a future project. I want drops for earrings since I love drop shapes for dangles and WSS drops will match, but not be too matchy matchy.

I promise to bring it to the Ruckus next year, Fly Girl and Kay.

baby monster, I wore it all day and it was not too heavy. Hisano weighed it at 3.25 ounces, I believe. The too heavy torsade was about a quarter pound.

I was about to choose the diamond pave clasp and am glad I switched to this equestrian clasp, even though it added length.

So I am a happy camper and am so glad my pearl community can share in my pleasure.

Did one person comment on this necklace all day?

The answer would be NO!

(Except for all of you!)

I can't fathom not commenting on this necklace! I hope all the comments here more than make up for it and that I hope you thoroughly enjoy wearing it regardless.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch -- Your wish is my command! Hopefully, I'll have earrings to make a set by then.

Krissy -- I am totally used to getting no comments. I wear my pearls for me and am amused that people don't notice what is in front of them. (I probably am blind to a ton of stuff that is important to other people, too.). It's wonderful to have our community to share with. It's become an important part of my life.

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
I'm not a fan of short classic WSS necklaces, but now yours is giving me a major case of pearl envy. Gorgeous!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1407639163|3729501 said:
4Ranch -- Your wish is my command! Hopefully, I'll have earrings to make a set by then.

Krissy -- I am totally used to getting no comments. I wear my pearls for me and am amused that people don't notice what is in front of them. (I probably am blind to a ton of stuff that is important to other people, too.). It's wonderful to have our community to share with. It's become an important part of my life.
I will look forward to seeing that necklace exactly where it belongs :mrgreen:

I sometimes agree with this and sometimes not. I think they might notice by not comment because they have been conditioned not to. Many times in the past I would see something I admired and not say anything. Then I read something about how some people feel invisible because no one notices them. I started years ago actually saying something when I admire a hair cut, clothing or jewelry or most things for that matter. I am amazed at the positive friendly responses I get. So if I saw you in my neighborhood I would absolutely say something.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, your SS necklace is breathtaking and looks so beautiful on you :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: ! It fits perfectly with your style. Wear it in health and happiness my friend!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, I honestly think You have found mother of all of Your pearls. That strand is simply brathtaking. The clasp is perfect. Is there earrings and bracelet coming later...?.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection10|1407660466|3729602 said:
bsomlo, I honestly think You have found mother of all of Your pearls. That strand is simply brathtaking. The clasp is perfect. Is there earrings and bracelet coming later...?.

Confection -- Earrings are certainly in my plans. Large smooth WSS drops with some sort of diamond accents in the findings. No bracelet. I never wear bracelets...

Thanks baby nurse!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Outrageously beautiful :love: :love: :love: They are absolutely stunning!!! Congrats and enjoy!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
oh that truly is perfection! clasp, pearls, drape, neck, all of it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results