shape
carat
color
clarity

White Party Suggestions, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to throw a white party in my home for all of my girlfriends so we can put on our wedding dresses one more time and not worry that they''ll get stained!

Anyone have good suggestions for white food to serve? Appetizers seem to be easy--cheese, popcorn, white wine, but what about real food that is white, and delicious?

Thanks for your help!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea!!

You could do white cheese fondue, vanilla bean creme brule, white asparagus, rice krispie treats, white sangria, chicken, alfredo sauced pasta, white chocolate ice cream, etc.

I''ll see if I can think of other stuff!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
For dessert you could do a banana split with vanilla ice cream, white chocolate fudge sauce, etc. and a lychee nut on top.

ETA Hmmmm . . . I must be hungry!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, you are all making me hungry!!!!!!!!!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
OOhhh some of those sound delicious!!! I''m hungry all of a sudden!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Love the idea Haven, how about an almond and chickpea gazpacho. It is especially good with a dollop of ikura, if that''s your thing.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh and white fish sushi could be pretty and delicious!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, these suggestions are all fabulous! And mouthwatering. I''m so excited to try everything over the next few weeks and put a menu together.

Now I''m really excited to have this party! Can you imagine the pictures--a bunch of women running around in their wedding gowns? Eeeh! I can''t wait.

I suppose I''ll have to paint the pets white, too, huh?
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Volevants (sp?!) I used to love it when my Mum had parties when I was young, I used to eat mountains of these things! They are lovely flaky pastry cases, with ham and chicken in white sauce inside - so good!!!!!!!!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
What about an endive salad with white asparagus and shaved parmesan or pear?

White pizza

Crepes (possibly with bananas flambee or white chocolate sauce)

Rice Krispy ''popsicles'' (on a stick, covered in white chocolate. Can also be dipped in white sprinkles! If you don''t want to make rice krispies, you can just skewer a marshmallow, dip in white chocolate, and coat in sprinkles.)

Roasted cauliflower or white asparagus

Cheese blintzes

Risotto with mushrooms and/or parmesan

shrimp and grits

shrimp and/or chicken satay

white bean bruscetta

Those are the ideas off the top of my head!

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
you could also have pasta carbonara, chicken or white fish with butter bean mash made with olive oil, cauliflower puree and dauphinois potatoes and for pudding, don''t forget that cheesecake is mainly white, especially if it''s a white chocolate one
31.gif
. or blanquette of veal made with rose veal (more humane), leeks, celery and cream served with a parsnip / potato gratin...

as an aside, my masters psychology dissertation looked at cognitive processes of creative people and there''s this standardised questionnaire that asks respondents to name as many white foods as they can...needless to say, the creative people came up with some interesting ones including, I seem to recall, chalk. Yes, I guess that''s technically a food (certainly calcium packed) but maybe not for your party, eh?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What about marshmallows with white chocolate fondue? (I know that''s dessert, but that''s my favourite part of the meal so it came to mind first.)

Tilapia with olive oil and a sprinkle of lemon juice could be good.
Hummus is kind of off-white, but in that general colour range.
Baked potatoes and sour cream?

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Sounds so fun! I would love to do this with my friends, but I don''t really have anyone nearby, so I can live vicaroiusly through you!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha, Blu! I''ll have to order that!

These suggestions are so wonderful, everyone, thank you! I just promised a friend of mine that I''ll wait until after her March wedding to throw the party so she can attend, so now I have a lot of time to plan!

All of these delicious white foods are getting me super excited to plan this party!

trinity--Chalk, huh? That sounds like a creative person, indeed. Well, a creative *eater* in the very least . . .
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results