shape
carat
color
clarity

which wrist do you wear your tennis bracelet on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered if there were any "rules" of how this is worn. I thought I would stack it with my stainless steel watch, which has very tiny diamonds on the hours. I wear that on my left hand with my wedding set (a 3 cttw three stone, and a 1cttw 5 stone). My teenage daughter told me that many diamonds looks "greedy and ridiculous". I thought it looked fabulous. The bracelet is 5ctw. Is there a daily total carat weight limit that you all adhere too? Would it be "less tacky" to wear it on the right hand

ETA: I apologize for the grammer of this topic!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think there is any rule. I wear mine on my right hand, but you could easily wear yours along with your watch and it would look fine. The only thing I would wonder about is whether the diamonds in the bracelet might scratch the watch if they possibly rub up against it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rules. I used to wear mine on the right and a watch on the left, but I gave up my watch and put the bracelet on the left to go with my rings
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the Rule is that when you wear a watch, you do not wear diamonds (except your wedding set, which is always appropriate.)

therefore, you should never have a problem with a watch and a bracelet.

whether you choose to follow rules is up to you.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who made the rules?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 5:06:01 PM
Author: JulieN
the Rule is that when you wear a watch, you do not wear diamonds (except your wedding set, which is always appropriate.)

Who made this rule?? I am really curious.

My opinion is that there are no rules. You wear it as you see fit. What ever floats your boat.
2.gif

PICS?? We would love to see it!!!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see pictures of your bracelet. I would wear it on whatever wrist you want.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2008 10:28:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh

My opinion is that there are no rules. You wear it as you see fit. What ever floats your boat.
2.gif

1.gif

Sizzle asked if there was a rule, so I gave it. It is aligned with Miss Manners'' philosophies, I assure you. (Diamonds are for after 6 pm. Wristwatches are for business, not social events.)

I agree, whatever floats your boat. Of course, my boat sails on rules.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 11:40:23 PM

Date: 11/9/2008 10:28:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh

2.gif

1.gif

Sizzle asked if there was a rule, so I gave it. It is aligned with Miss Manners'' philosophies, I assure you. (Diamonds are for after 6 pm. Wristwatches are for business, not social events.)

I agree, whatever floats your boat. Of course, my boat sails on rules.
WHAT? no diamonds before 6PM???? I guess me and Miss Manners will NEVER coexist! ha ha ha ha ha. I will post photos of my bracelet tonights. It''s 5ctw G color/ SI clarity w/ 50 .10pt diamonds.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 8:30:29 AM
Author: Sizzle

WHAT? no diamonds before 6PM???? I guess me and Miss Manners will NEVER coexist! ha ha ha ha ha. I will post photos of my bracelet tonights. It''s 5ctw G color/ SI clarity w/ 50 .10pt diamonds.
ROFL! Sizzle, I feel the same way! Every day, I wear my diamond studs, my diamond three-stone necklace, my tennis bracelet, and of course my wedding set. I''m WAY out of line with Miss Manners'' rules! LOL!
9.gif

And BTW, I wear my tennis bracelet on my right wrist. I don''t wear a watch, so my left wrist is empty. I decided to wear the tennis bracelet on my right wrist to "balance out the bling," I guess, since of course I wear my wedding set on my left hand!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results