shape
carat
color
clarity

Which type pearl if I want white with soft pink luster?

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I don't know a thing about pearls. I do know I like a white one but that a soft pinkish luster. Not peach though as I don't like peach. Pink or even one that has that multi-colored sheen, like you see in bubbles when you are blowing bubbles.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It sounds like you want a white pearl with pink overtones. My first recommendation would be Akoya. However, I have a few questions for you: Are you looking for round pearls? What about your price point?

PurePearls has some great educational information. Here is a link about overtones:
https://www.purepearls.com/pages/pearl-jewelry-overtones

There is other helpful educational information on that vendor and others.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The orient you are describing is seen more in non-round pearls. Baroque akoyas for example, and also baroque freshwaters.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
Akoya pearls will give you that pink luster

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Much easier to find one pearl which fits your overtone and lustre spec. Still hard to pin down though. Some pearls, both freshwater and akoya, have a natural pink overtone, while akoya especially are often 'pinked' touched lightly with a dye after bleaching
Swirly coloured white is often a product of incredible lustre and is in part produced by reflections.
Even the lighting source will make a difference - daylight, bright sunlight, incandescent bulbs, the new fluorescent ones and the even newer mini ones will all affect pearl colour and overtones

SparkleFest

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all, this was very helpful. I would be wanting round pear bracelet. I have now looked at the Akoya, and like that very much. Thanks again everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results