shape
carat
color
clarity

Which type of jewelry poses no temptation to you?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread would be hilerouse with a bottle of wine
Imagining people's turned up noses :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread would be hilerouse with a bottle of wine
Imagining people's turned up noses :appl:
I'm having wine right now!
It came from a box, not a bottle, but hey, who's judging?
I feel traitorous cutting the bottled stuff with seltzer :halo:

Its like an i Indian version of Victorian stomachs but from a whole other branch of the family !
They are very beautiful and intrigret but i couldn't think of anywhere where i could wear one !
I can see how they might not be your cup of tea

You know it’s funny in that I can definitely think of occasions to wear them (I attend a lot of weddings lol) but they’re just not my cup of tea, despite liking big and bold jewelry. Also they’re surprisingly inexpensive for how big they are since you can get them with glass instead of diamond and the pearl beads and/or the cabochons are quite low cost. So you really only pay for gold.

A stomacher is a good description ahahaha. I will remember that for next time :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm having wine right now!
It came from a box, not a bottle, but hey, who's judging?
I feel traitorous cutting the bottled stuff with seltzer :halo:

Yum
I'd be right over :mrgreen2:
Its hot here today

i think this thread would be even more thread with company

just pure harmless fun, nothing malicious or unkind, just giggly kind of fun

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know it’s funny in that I can definitely think of occasions to wear them (I attend a lot of weddings lol) but they’re just not my cup of tea, despite liking big and bold jewelry. Also they’re surprisingly inexpensive for how big they are since you can get them with glass instead of diamond and the pearl beads and/or the cabochons are quite low cost. So you really only pay for gold.

A stomacher is a good description ahahaha. I will remember that for next time :D

I badly want to be invited to an Indian wedding !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Rose cut diamonds
2. Portrait diamonds
3. Yellow diamonds
4. cabochons
5. Opals...I’m sorry :lol:
6. round diamond halos on emerald cuts
7. I like pearls...I think they’re classy...but are too hard to take of.
8. VCA
9. David Yurman

1. Rose cut diamonds
2. Portrait diamonds
3. Yellow diamonds
4. cabochons
5. Opals...I’m sorry :lol:
6. round diamond halos on emerald cuts
7. I like pearls...I think they’re classy...but are too hard to take of.
8. VCA
9. David Yurman

Omg your number 6! I haven’t seen anyone say it but it really holds true for me as well! I like step cut halos for step cuts and brilliant cut halos for brilliants. Mixing the two isn’t for me :D

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1. Modern cut diamonds of any kind.

2. Non warm diamonds. It's seems my preference is always warmer colors.

3. Necklaces

4. Earrings

5. Watches

I love that Jewelery is so subjective and that there are so many different styles. I love seeing the things on my list and can appreciate them on others.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anything heart shaped. I feel like it's too little girl cutesy. There are a few pieces that I can appreciate the beauty, but I would never spend my own money on any of it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I say what I don't like, I have to explain what I do like:

classic, timeless, high quality, beautiful, the best cut stones and workmanship, platinum or 18k, some antique style (deco and Edwardian) or traditional/classic

No temptation:

1. everything else: (no fashion jewelry, no wonky stones, no trendy things even if branded, no radiants, princess, or other diamond cuts that are not timeless or that don't have good light return, no overly ornate pieces that I'd never wear, no old pieces in poor condition.)

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Bracelets - this makes me a little sad actually, because I see so many very pretty bracelets. But it bugs me to wear them, and I am not careful enough to avoid catching, breaking, or losing them.

Pearls - I think they are elegant, but they just don't seem to be my style

Opals and other delicate stones, really anything that requires extra care

Hoops or dangly earrings - I prefer studs

Loose stones and custom settings - I love reading about custom projects and admire those of you who design your own. I think the stress of the communications and possible problems would outweigh any joy it would give me, though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg your number 6! I haven’t seen anyone say it but it really holds true for me as well! I like step cut halos for step cuts and brilliant cut halos for brilliants. Mixing the two isn’t for me :D

Haha..I did go a little against the grain for my Costco princess cut studs. I had micro halos added because they are small princess diamonds. Step cuts are different though.
I forgot to add hoops. I like mini huggies that actually hug the ear but not hoops with a large space. I had David make me diamond huggies but they came out like little diamond hoops. They’re beautiful but I hardly wear them.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t like this type of ring. I don’t know what it’s called but I just don’t like when stones are all lined up and appear to be one bigger stone or just pave set in more than two rows.
The weird thing is I have a pendant like this and I love the look but I just don’t like it on a ring for myself and wouldn’t ever buy it.
8CA54CD8-B73F-4F05-AE6E-FFB6865E9A3E.png
E303EE58-F3F0-44E5-B737-FAEC7D5FBB48.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I receive this as a gift, I would definitely ask for the receipt so that I can return it:

A diamond in the shapes that I do not like, in a claw/prong set, yellow or rose gold, with a thin shank.

DK :))

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't want anything lab created or enhanced or filled, it's just a thing with me, I want it au natural. I also don't want anything gold-filled, plated etc. must be solid gold. I do not care for Heart shaped gems

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess, cushion, heart, and/or radiant diamonds. They just have never appealed to me. I like the step-cut look of emeralds and asschers, and like the uniqueness of pears and marquise shapes.

EDIT, I was reminded of other things after reading more responses. David Yurman jewelry has never appealed to me, and I dislike illusion settings. Not super excited about earrings, though I like having 1-2 pairs to wear every day.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Septum rings and large gauges in earlobes. Other than that, I find beauty in most jewelry.

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ANIMAL/CRITTER styles (with the exception of my cat pin, which belonged to my mom)
PEARLS, (with the exception of earrings.) Strands just don't feel right on me and I fear damaging a pearl in a ring.
Anything that looks lopsided to my eye
Blatantly BRANDED items.
Various colored stones, but that's so subjective, even among a single type stone, that I can't say which

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
Anything that either is or looks breakable.
I would not be able to stand a tension setting, especially with a valuable stone. Opals and pearls or anything else that could easily crack on me.
I like the look of star sapphire rings, but cabachon stones look especially breakable. Hit it just right and that thing is going to shatter.
Anything dainty or delicate. The super thin 1MM bands that are in right now do nothing for me.
Ditto small stones. I have a bad habit of buying them when a vendor is having a sale and returning once I see how small anything smaller than two carats looks on my hand.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings
Any shape other than rounds, pears, and asschers (love other shapes on other people but not on me)
Colored stones
Pearls
Watches

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t like this type of ring. I don’t know what it’s called but I just don’t like when stones are all lined up and appear to be one bigger stone or just pave set in more than two rows.
The weird thing is I have a pendant like this and I love the look but I just don’t like it on a ring for myself and wouldn’t ever buy it.
8CA54CD8-B73F-4F05-AE6E-FFB6865E9A3E.png
E303EE58-F3F0-44E5-B737-FAEC7D5FBB48.png

Yes... It’s kind of creepy too..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results